Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2014, 03:36 PM

6,385 posts, read 11,886,305 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportyandMisty View Post
A famous economist once said, "Nothing is good or bad save the alternatives make it look that way" (oh wait -- I'm the one who said that).

We have Cox here, and Comcast is our cable provider in our vacation home in Park City.

Cox customer service & tech support is OUTSTANDING compared to Comcast. With Comcast, calling their tech support, I can be on hold waiting listening to Muzak for 45 minutes. Comcast is completely unapologetic. Need a tech to come to my house? 14 day waiting period is not uncommon.

Cox, in contrast, answers the phone & I get to a real human being in a few minutes. If I need a tech, I can usually get one scheduled in 2 to 3 days.

I consider Cox to be head & shoulders better than Comcast.
Perhaps your location might have something to do with it? Comcast in Denver has been slightly better to me than Cox in Vegas was. I don't think either should be winning awards for being customer centric, this is the cable business after all.

Old 02-18-2014, 11:01 PM

347 posts, read 542,550 times
I'm with Centurylink now and I've got their 10meg + phone service (free long distance) = $72 after taxes. Wanted to drop my land line but I would not be saving anything since their 10 meg service alone without the phone bundle is the same price.
The DSL has worked fine for the past many years but I too have had a down day or two in the past few years. Their CS said all of Nevada was down.. oh really? Come on now, the whole state was down? What a joke of a Customer Service.
Centurylink does however offer DSL + Phone + TV (via sat) for a pretty good price for the first year so I may have to look into that as well.
So many options when it comes to bundling and stuff.

By the way I got a freedom pop free hotspot a while back and it's awesome for 4G internet when the DSL goes down. I got 500mb free + 500mb for adding friends onto my account. I think it runs off sprint's wireless so it was okay in southwest. sucked in anthem area when I drove around there.
Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas