Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2014, 09:04 AM

15,844 posts, read 14,479,382 times

Advertisements

The question being, what is it that pulls those women to Vegas, and which class of the women would Vegas tend to pull?

Quote:
Originally Posted by von949 View Post
Keep in mind that majority of women come from other places outside of Las Vegas. Places like Dallas, Detroit, Atlanta, Des Moines, Reno, Buffalo...etc.

Did these women change immediately when they cross LV boundaries? Or do the have plans/goals/agendas set in motion and won't let a guy that doesn't have his sh*t together get in their way?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2014, 10:10 AM

10,864 posts, read 16,994,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBMW View Post
The question being, what is it that pulls those women to Vegas, and which class of the women would Vegas tend to pull?
Replace "women" with "people" and you can certainly answer your own question. We all know what kind of people move to the Las Vegas valley. We live here, after all.

Old 06-04-2014, 11:17 AM

5,314 posts, read 7,785,752 times
People who hate cold, snow, and excessive property taxes.. but that's just me.

Old 06-04-2014, 11:48 AM

15,844 posts, read 14,479,382 times
There are a few places where you can do that (TX and FL come to mind). LV, for better and/or worse, has a fairly unique own draw for a lot of people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiderman View Post
People who hate cold, snow, and excessive property taxes.. but that's just me.

Old 06-04-2014, 12:05 PM

555 posts, read 1,259,265 times
Quote:
There are a few places where you can do that (TX and FL come to mind). LV, for better and/or worse, has a fairly unique own draw for a lot of people.

Yes, they came here on vacation and liked being able to have that close by. For years and years now, that's always the story I hear when speaking to people who moved here from elsewhere. And the other things too, better drier weather, low taxes, cheap homes, nicer homes, nice neighborhoods, lots of stores and stuff, military transfers.

I even heard a couple times that people followed their family here, blindly, not because of any Las Vegas specific reason other than that their mother-father, sister-brother or kids moved here and they just wanted to be with their family.

Blessings

Old 06-04-2014, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Sorry, I meant to say people who hate cold and wet

Old 06-04-2014, 12:44 PM

14,229 posts, read 30,034,466 times
After living in rural central Minnesota 15 years, Vegas looked darn good to me. Still does. Even after 6 months of jury duty.

I was never a 'party' girl but to me Las Vegas was a happy hunting ground for men in general. I think there are tons of nice single men here. Usually very friendly, outgoing, and happy to meet people. All I had to do to meet them was leave the house!

Old 06-04-2014, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowsnow View Post
After living in rural central Minnesota 15 years, Vegas looked darn good to me. Still does. Even after 6 months of jury duty.

I was never a 'party' girl but to me Las Vegas was a happy hunting ground for men in general. I think there are tons of nice single men here. Usually very friendly, outgoing, and happy to meet people. All I had to do to meet them was leave the house!
You didn't go into it with cynicism as other posters have. I've said it many times, our "family" of friends here is approaching 100 people in 1 year. We knew a total of 2 people when we moved here. But they knew people, and those people knew people, and next thing I know we have plans every night of the week if we want.

Old 06-04-2014, 01:05 PM

7,112 posts, read 13,157,837 times
Quote:
Don't know about others but I can tell you about myself and those close to me. It may be hard to believe for some but there are plenty of opportunities for people, if they apply themselves.

In my circle...

-The military brought me to here of course.
-My wife left her small town in the north to attend UNLV.(been working the same job since graduating)
-My sister-in-law left her small town as well to become a nurse.(she is still a nurse)
-My aunt and uncle-in-law took a chance with opening a used car dealership in town. They have since opened others in the state.
-My old roommate was dodging child support payments(probably still is)
-My mom came out to help my wife and I with our youngest and start a business.(she didn't even last a year out here)
-A couple of my wife's employees(all women) came to Vegas because they could not find jobs in their hometown.(I thought our economy was the worst)
-I work with a couple of guys now in the northern gold mines that are counting down till they retire and move to Vegas.(they are tired of the cdld weather)

These are off the top of my head. I have also ran into a few people that have made significant $$$$ from selling land/property on the east coast and wanted to take their $$$$ and move somewhere not too expensive.

Old 06-05-2014, 01:10 AM

625 posts, read 797,227 times
Ive met people through waka kickball(which is awesome) and through friends of friends and work. Just like any other town. BUT it does take time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas