Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2014, 03:58 AM

6 posts, read 22,736 times

Advertisements

I just had to quit my job because of sexual harassment I was having to deal with from my boss that the company was made aware of and did nothing about which left need no choice but to leave. Then they I was denied my unemployment benefits just last week I found out on top of it all. My fiance is on disability so we are living off of only that and we are now completely broke with no food, no nothing. When I had to leave my job we became unable to pay our rent and we were evicted from our apartment so immediate because the apartment we had lived in was located where I had just worked. When I left they forced a lock out of our apartment immediately with no warning at all just to be spiteful due to the situation at hand which had now caused us to endure such stress and anxiety this past month it's been awful.
Since then we've been staying with friends or when family has sent us money to help we've stayed at little dive motels right by Fremont. I used to work for an extended stay apartment complex here so at that time I was made aware of this one time only $400 rental assistance voucher that is available to people in similar situations like ours at Clark County Social Services. I used to refer tenants all the time who became delinquent on their rent and it really is such a wonderful program to have available. Though to my dismay I was doing some last minute research to go over everything we needed and what the qualifications were one more time just to make sure I don't forget anything and now it's showing that the waiting list is closed! We were about to go apply first thing this morning for this seriously much needed money so that we can survive until I find another job and now we're about to be on the street because this voucher is now all of a sudden not an option. We've got no one we know here to ask for help and we are 3,000 miles away from home. I'm at a really terrified point and we've literally exhausted any other options out and have come up with no answers to our prayers. Now that we're unable to get it, I really don't know what else to do or even where we can receive help anywhere else. Can anyone who is familiar with the programs offered in Las Vegas that give help to people in our situation tell me where there are other places we can get immediate assistance in our time if need???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2014, 07:17 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,107,355 times
Help of Southern Nevada

Food Banks in Las Vegas, Nevada with Reviews & Ratings - YP.com

Old 04-29-2014, 02:47 PM

1,051 posts, read 1,485,271 times
I think three square food pantry, which is listed in
The food pants link above integrates a lot of pantries
By location. I would call them immediately.
United way of southern nevada also has references
For assistance. Can't place my hands on the #
Right now. You can google it.
Depending on where you are, a
Church would have immediate food & maybe hygeine
Items. If you call one that doesn't, ask the person if
He/she has a reference.
Good luck.

Old 05-29-2018, 08:54 AM

1 posts, read 8,412 times
Hi, I’m on disability and have a small dog about 11 pounds. I’m being thrown out of the room I rent. I need to find a room anywhere from 400.00 to 500.00. Please if anyone has any info much appreciated. Thanks

Old 05-29-2018, 10:26 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,107,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna ruocco View Post
Hi, I’m on disability and have a small dog about 11 pounds. I’m being thrown out of the room I rent. I need to find a room anywhere from 400.00 to 500.00. Please if anyone has any info much appreciated. Thanks
Why are you being evicted?

Old 05-30-2018, 01:32 PM

1,030 posts, read 1,587,847 times
Contact Hopelink
link2hope.org

Old 05-30-2018, 08:02 PM

16 posts, read 33,355 times
For help with groceries, also try:

Division of Welfare and Supportive Services - SUPPLEMENTAL NUTRITION ASSISTANCE PROGRAM (SNAP)

This is not just for parent(s) with children. You should qualify for this, as may your husband individually (or both of you as a household couple) since your combined household income would have declined significantly.

Last edited by PizzaBelly; 05-30-2018 at 08:18 PM..

Old 05-31-2018, 07:23 AM

555 posts, read 774,670 times
Clark County Social Services will you give you a one time rent voucher if you qualify; Social Service. they will also link you up with other resources to help you get back on your feet.

Old 05-31-2018, 08:04 AM

8,144 posts, read 8,335,862 times
https://www.nevada211.org Links to all Clark County social services

Old 05-31-2018, 08:10 AM

8,144 posts, read 8,335,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna ruocco View Post
I see rooms being advertised frequently on Local Facebook buy and sell sites. Poke around and see if there’s a Facebook site such as Las Vegas for rent or Las Vegas classified, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas