Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2014, 02:53 AM

23 posts, read 409,191 times

Advertisements

I live in AZ, and today I got a citation for a NV resident driving with a non resident license and resident with non resident registation.Which is a BS citation. I travel back and forth between Vegas and AZ for work. And to help my ill grandparents when they need help. I don't want to transfer everything over and my cars because it's a big hassle and unnecessary. I stay in vegas for about a month then go back to Arizona. Someone suggested that i get a dual state residency card but i'm not sure how to get one. What would be the best way to go about this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2014, 03:13 AM

35,095 posts, read 51,222,031 times
If your current residence is in Arizona (legal residence address) and you do not actually live in Nevada you do not need a dual residency card from what I understand.
It may be different if you have a legal address in both states. Perhaps it would be best to ask about this issue when you go and get the ticket issue settled.

If one needed such a card everyone who travels would have multiple residency cards and that does not happen.

Old 05-21-2014, 06:16 AM

1,596 posts, read 2,810,629 times
A former Utah woman has filed a lawsuit accusing the embattled Las Vegas Constable’s Office of violating her constitutional rights and shaking her down for $100 over her failure to get Nevada license plates.

Ex-Utah resident sues Las Vegas constable in license plate

Bill

Old 05-21-2014, 12:56 PM

2,536 posts, read 2,735,318 times
How did they come to the conclusion that you are a Nevada resident?
Did they question you?
I just don't understand if you told them you are just a Arizona resident visiting NV that they would give you a ticket.

Old 05-21-2014, 12:59 PM

2,180 posts, read 4,535,965 times
probably his DL.

if you have multiple cars at multiple residences in multiple states, how can it possibly be illegal to drive your own legal license and insured property...

BTW... how much was the fine?

if it was $100, that seems like a pretty low price to pay.

Old 05-21-2014, 01:38 PM

They questioned me about having two different addresses. I have an Arizona license and they asked me why my registration had a Las Vegas address on it. Because that use to be my old mailing address cause I use to come to Vegas a lot for work. So I thought it would be better to have my stuff sent here. I told them that the DMV already fixed that problem in the computer and they didnt want to print out another registration with the correct address on it. He told me that's not his problem, and that it is my responsibilty to fix it. I don't understand whats wrong with having a different address on your registration. Also, I had a 702 number on the back on my car promoting my brother's business. Then they asked me why I live in Arizona and have a 702 number on the back of my car. I told them I was promoting my brother's business while Im out here visiting then I take it off when I head back home.

Old 05-21-2014, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSchu View Post
probably his DL.

if you have multiple cars at multiple residences in multiple states, how can it possibly be illegal to drive your own legal license and insured property...

BTW... how much was the fine?

if it was $100, that seems like a pretty low price to pay.

I don't think it's a fine, I'm pretty sure it's just a fix it ticket. So if i get everything transferred over and show it to them they'll just dismiss it and i'll have to pay an adminstration fee.

Old 05-21-2014, 02:05 PM

2,536 posts, read 2,735,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhino32 View Post
They questioned me about having two different addresses. I have an Arizona license and they asked me why my registration had a Las Vegas address on it. Because that use to be my old mailing address cause I use to come to Vegas a lot for work. So I thought it would be better to have my stuff sent here. I told them that the DMV already fixed that problem in the computer and they didnt want to print out another registration with the correct address on it. He told me that's not his problem, and that it is my responsibilty to fix it. I don't understand whats wrong with having a different address on your registration. Also, I had a 702 number on the back on my car promoting my brother's business. Then they asked me why I live in Arizona and have a 702 number on the back of my car. I told them I was promoting my brother's business while Im out here visiting then I take it off when I head back home.

Ok so they just got you on a technicality having to do with an old address on the registration.
Why did they stop you in the first place?

Old 05-21-2014, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jet757f View Post
Ok so they just got you on a technicality having to do with an old address on the registration.
Why did they stop you in the first place?

For having no front plate, Arizona only gives you one plate. I don't think that should apply to out of state drivers. Considering i see lots of Nevada cars with no front plates and i don't see any of them getting stop for it.

Old 05-21-2014, 02:51 PM

10,864 posts, read 16,988,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhino32 View Post
For having no front plate, Arizona only gives you one plate. I don't think that should apply to out of state drivers. Considering i see lots of Nevada cars with no front plates and i don't see any of them getting stop for it.
They use this as an excuse to stop you if you fit their profile -- illegal, uninsured alien, drug smuggler, coyote, etc.

That ticket represents, "OK, we didn't find what we were looking for. Here's a citation so you can't get us for violating your constitutional rights."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: