Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2014, 10:14 PM

687 posts, read 4,401,470 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddrhazy View Post
Tiger, did they steal the appliances?
Everything was left in tact. Aside of a couple holes kicked in the walls and dirty carpet, everything was pretty much left the way they found it.
Not sure what the outcome was with the fridge, I didnt go in the house. I'll have to ask the bank when they come back tomorrow.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2014, 04:28 AM

164 posts, read 260,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by observer53 View Post
It's not "confusing" or "hard", it's called lack of probable cause to arrest for trespassing.

the homeowner can produce a written affidavit under oath on the spot that establishes probable cause beyond suspicion for the police to make the arrest.

Old 08-07-2014, 08:13 AM

13,044 posts, read 13,826,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boboluv View Post
the homeowner can produce a written affidavit under oath on the spot that establishes probable cause beyond suspicion for the police to make the arrest.
Good luck with that.

Old 08-09-2014, 09:17 AM

687 posts, read 4,401,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by observer53 View Post
He said upthread that the neighbors saw them wheel out the new fridge and bring back an old one early on.
New fridge has been recovered.

Old 08-09-2014, 09:20 AM

8,380 posts, read 4,538,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger08 View Post
New fridge has been recovered.
How? Where was it?

Old 08-09-2014, 06:47 PM

1 posts, read 1,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MediocreButArrogant View Post
1) Cut lock off of breaker panel, if any
2) Open panel, shut off main breaker
3) Close panel, put your own cut-resistant, shrouded padlock on the breaker panel
4) Repeat until squatters are gone

There's an easy way to defeat this, but I'm guessing many squatters will be too dumb to figure it out. If they do figure it out, you could always take the inside cover off and just take the main service breaker. I can think of dozens of other ways to make an abandoned house unlivable in the summer in Las Vegas.
Please share any, repeat any ther ways that you can possibly think of to make a house unlivable. We need some suggestions to rid ourselves of squatters. Please help!!!

Old 08-09-2014, 08:44 PM

642 posts, read 2,546,543 times
Ya where was the fridge? I want to.keep my house and rent in vegas before I buy there. But I can't because we have the same problem here. People would break in tear it up. And you can lose your home if you rent and someone won't pay rent and you cannot pay two. I know someone who rented out their home (divorce) to keep it out of foreclosure and as soon as the people moved in they never paid. Then the renters turned squatters got the 3000 $ cash for keys from the bank. I think I would've killed those people.

Old 08-09-2014, 08:49 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,396,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coltoncity View Post
Ya where was the fridge? I want to.keep my house and rent in vegas before I buy there. But I can't because we have the same problem here. People would break in tear it up. And you can lose your home if you rent and someone won't pay rent and you cannot pay two. I know someone who rented a home to keep it out of foreclosure and as soon as the people moved in they never paid. Then the renters turned squatters got the 3000 $ cash for keys from the bank. I think I would've killed those people.
Wow. You would kill someone and go to prison for a house? Better to sell the house and take your chances in Las Vegas. Bloom where you are planted. People can be happy wherever they land. It's a mindset.

Old 08-09-2014, 09:11 PM

642 posts, read 2,546,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
Wow. You would kill someone and go to prison for a house? Better to sell the house and take your chances in Las Vegas. Bloom where you are planted. People can be happy wherever they land. It's a mindset.
Pommysmommy I like that. Will remember it and do that in the next summer :-)

Old 08-10-2014, 04:24 AM

164 posts, read 260,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SportyandMisty View Post
Good luck with that.
when you're right you don't have to rely as much on luck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas