Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2014, 10:33 PM

261 posts, read 415,811 times

Advertisements

Well, the way the right wingers have been ranting and raving that Obama wants to take your guns and all kinds of other non stop nonsense on Fox News 24/7 and Rush Limbaugh and all those hate filled right wing bozos filling minds with lies and rhetoric, it's really a wonder stuff like this doesn't happen more often.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2014, 10:37 PM

10,865 posts, read 16,939,145 times
Corrupt, lying politicians are not the same as a couple cops eating pizza at a cheap pizza chain. That's like saying you hate the catholic church and shooting an altar boy.

It does not surprise me in the least that this is the fringe from the stupid, [censored], mother [censored], animal [censored], ammo-sexual nitwits from the Bundy protests. Those people are everything that is wrong with this country. I told all my friends that dropping a bomb on them would have solved a myriad of problems. It's a shame that we cannot use our drones to fix the actual problems on Earth.

Old 06-09-2014, 10:59 PM

743 posts, read 965,501 times
If anyone has watched the youtube videos these lunatics put out prior to him serving some time in jail, it's quite disturbing. What's crazy (and sad) is that people don't understand there's so many other means of escape besides going off the deep end. Save enough money to buy a ticket to the Philippines and just fish and eat coconuts and live in paradise. Go to Vietnam and bike through the countryside...go to Ecuador and work and live off the land and be in nature...get your head together...life a has a lot to offer...anything beats firing on randoms in a Cici's pizza and blowing your head off in a Walmart.

Old 06-10-2014, 05:10 AM

347 posts, read 540,737 times
Events like this makes me wonder what the original founders of our country would be saying. I bet they would have never seen this day coming with corporations being "people" and 2nd amendment the right to bear arms overtaking all other bill of rights. 1st being the right to LIFE but not if your life gets in the way of wacko nut jobs 2nd amendment rights.
Vegas has great things but the crazies and the transient nutjobs that come here to stay (not as tourist) are the scariest part of living here. The fake Lady Liberty at NY NY must have a welcome that reads, "send us your losers, crazies and the nutjobs from other states and we'll provide them with a sanctuary and a minimum wage job and union benefits".

Our city and country going to hell pretty much. When ever someone is #1, they get complacent and now we are going to be overtaken by Macao for gambling and China for economy. Soon they'll be sending jobs over to the US for cheap labor, thanks Apple, thanks HP, thanks banks with Indian customer service agents named "jeff" and the rest that sent jobs to china.

I think Metro did a great job controlling thos wackos.

The local news, nbc was a joke, they only showed that stupid youtube videos over 2 hours without actually telling us what those idiots were trying to say. At the Metro press event, Venise Tuson had the dumbest question ever. Are cops now scared to do the job? That's your question? So stupid. I actually got more news off CNN and they usually are a joke.

Didn't bother with Fox as Ruppert Murdoch is ruining our country in so many ways.

Stupid 13 abc has reporters here who can't speak english like normal people so I can't watch it. That even after Drew Karedis left.

Ch 8 cbs had some info but then they spill info and facts without breathing like they are actually at the scene when it's happening that whatever facts they may have gotten right is lost in their rant. Seriously does everyone have to talk like George (I'm put on earth to talk about UFO) Knapp rabbling away about UFO this and that?

Old 06-10-2014, 07:42 AM

8,335 posts, read 4,502,881 times
Reading the comments on one of his videos on Youtube, someone wrote (10 months ago):

Quote:
Brain washed?? Are we really?? We won't help you because of what you have away from us. Amanda was fine before you came around. Now she sits there doing everything you say because YOU have brainwashed her. Everyone of the grandkids has a future. Amanda married you and immediately lost hers. We won't help either of you because it is disgusting what you two believe in and stand for.
People who knew them knew it was a bad situation.

Such a tragedy.

Old 06-10-2014, 09:27 AM

15,781 posts, read 14,377,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMoreRJ View Post
Events like this makes me wonder what the original founders of our country would be saying.
I think they'd be amazed at how far the country they started has come. They'd probably be quite proud.
Quote:

I bet they would have never seen this day coming with corporations being "people"
What corporations there were back then were very powerful, and had a fairly large part in the English settlement of the Americas. I don't know what they'd thing about the interpretation that the constitution confers them with the same rights as people. It's probably something they didn't even think about. But they might not have too much problem with it.
Quote:

and 2nd amendment the right to bear arms overtaking all other bill of rights.
Actually, Second Amendment isn't overtaking the other enumerated rights in the bill of rights, it's just catching up to them. Why this took 200+ years, I don't know. It should have been that way from day one.

On a somewhat related note to this case, it would be interesting to see what the founding fathers would have thought of the whole Bundy mess. I wouldn't be surprised if they came down on Bundy's side.
Quote:

1st being the right to LIFE but not if your life gets in the way of wacko nut jobs 2nd amendment rights.
No, not really. People are responsible for their actions. If some one harms or kills another, they have to pay for that criminally. Inanimate objects do not take action by themselves. It's people who have rights and responsibilities. I refuse to give up my rights because some other idiot(s) act irresponsibly or criminally.
Quote:

Vegas has great things but the crazies and the transient nutjobs that come here to stay (not as tourist) are the scariest part of living here. The fake Lady Liberty at NY NY must have a welcome that reads, "send us your losers, crazies and the nutjobs from other states and we'll provide them with a sanctuary and a minimum wage job and union benefits".
If you don't like what LV is or has changed to while you've been there, leave.
Quote:

Our city and country going to hell pretty much. When ever someone is #1, they get complacent
This is quite true. Hardship breeds dicipline, success breeds complacency and entitlement. We're seeing that. Everything goes in cycles
Quote:

and now we are going to be overtaken by Macao for gambling
That's because the Chinese have gambling ethic in their culture, there are something like 1.4 billion of them, and Macao is, what, 6,000 miles closer to china than Vegas. This is not a failing of Vegas (other than maybe geographically.
Quote:

and China for economy. Soon they'll be sending jobs over to the US for cheap labor, thanks Apple, thanks HP, thanks banks with Indian customer service agents named "jeff" and the rest that sent jobs to china.
Did you think the 2.5 or so billion people in China and India were going to stay out of the world economy forever? It was lucky for us that they screwed themselves over for most of the 20th century, and allowed us to get established as the dominant economic power. Now that their in the came, they're not going to be refused. It doesn't hurt them that because they've had it bad for so long, they're hungry, disciplined, and hard working (see above.)
Quote:

I think Metro did a great job controlling thos wackos.

The local news, nbc was a joke, they only showed that stupid youtube videos over 2 hours without actually telling us what those idiots were trying to say. At the Metro press event, Venise Tuson had the dumbest question ever. Are cops now scared to do the job? That's your question? So stupid. I actually got more news off CNN and they usually are a joke.

Didn't bother with Fox as Ruppert Murdoch is ruining our country in so many ways.

Stupid 13 abc has reporters here who can't speak english like normal people so I can't watch it. That even after Drew Karedis left.

Ch 8 cbs had some info but then they spill info and facts without breathing like they are actually at the scene when it's happening that whatever facts they may have gotten right is lost in their rant. Seriously does everyone have to talk like George (I'm put on earth to talk about UFO) Knapp rabbling away about UFO this and that?
Whatever.

Old 06-10-2014, 09:49 AM

555 posts, read 1,254,650 times
Looking at Amanda Miller's Facebook page, I found it odd, that such a radical person, willing to kill anyone had this docile type occupation listed as a job:

Head of Needlework Dept. at Hobby Lobby

And to think, these people were street performers on Fremont Street. We are fortunate that they didn't decide to start and end their revolution on Fremont Street or any other crowded or tourist filled place in town where maybe many more innocents would have been injured or killed

Old 06-10-2014, 10:20 AM

3,631 posts, read 7,630,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitchen Witch View Post
Looking at Amanda Miller's Facebook page, I found it odd, that such a radical person, willing to kill anyone had this docile type occupation listed as a job:

Head of Needlework Dept. at Hobby Lobby

And to think, these people were street performers on Fremont Street. We are fortunate that they didn't decide to start and end their revolution on Fremont Street or any other crowded or tourist filled place in town where maybe many more innocents would have been injured or killed
Weird...just shows you never really know who you're dealing with when it comes down to it.

I wasn't aware the Valley had a Hobby Lobby...will have to go check it out.

I'm kind of suprised with all the superficial planning that appears to have gone into this that they didn't choose a much more affluent area for their attack. Its horrible that officers and another innocent person died PERIOD but I their actions would have drawn even more attention had they taken place in an area supposedly more isolated from crime...obviously they could have chosen anywhere.

I'm guessing maybe they didn't have a car?

My heart really goes out to the families of the victims.

Old 06-10-2014, 10:23 AM

8,335 posts, read 4,502,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoHoVe View Post
Weird...just shows you never really know who you're dealing with when it comes down to it.

I wasn't aware the Valley had a Hobby Lobby...will have to go check it out.

I'm kind of suprised with all the superficial planning that appears to have gone into this that they didn't choose a much more affluent area for their attack. Its horrible that officers and another innocent person died PERIOD but I their actions would have drawn even more attention had they taken place in an area supposedly more isolated from crime...obviously they could have chosen anywhere.

I'm guessing maybe they didn't have a car?

My heart really goes out to the families of the victims.
I don't believe that they had a car, they walked the approx 4 miles from Bruce and Charleston to the Cici.

Last edited by clutchcargo777; 06-10-2014 at 10:33 AM..

Old 06-10-2014, 10:30 AM

1,782 posts, read 2,132,375 times
I have no idea what the above posters said. But, as a 34 year Vegas resident, I have a most simple question.

Where in the hell was Metro during this?

They kill 2 cops and walk out, heading toward another mall.
A multitude of 911 calls alerted Metro to this.
The 2 enter Wal-Mart and a CIVILIAN with a carry permit, sees them fire off rounds in the store and tries to take them out. [How can someone have a gun permit when they can't hit a target that close?]
He gets killed.
And what we know is that the woman killed her husband and then herself.

Again, where was Metro?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas