Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2016, 03:50 PM

11,479 posts, read 9,137,018 times

Advertisements

OP (original post) was for the 2014 mid-term.

This General election year, Clark County early voting is October 22 - November 4, 2016.

Something new, or kind of new, is you can opt for an electronic sample ballot and you'll be allowed / able to use your device at the voting machine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2016, 03:57 PM

645 posts, read 706,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oeccscclhjhn View Post
OP (original post) was for the 2014 mid-term.

This General election year, Clark County early voting is October 22 - November 4, 2016.

Something new, or kind of new, is you can opt for an electronic sample ballot and you'll be allowed / able to use your device at the voting machine.
interesting how does that work? you go to the site opt for electronic sample ballot, and you can use your smartphone at the voting machine to vote?

so Oct. 22nd to nov 4th, so I guess we should get the sampel ballot anytime from now to Oct 22nd right?

Old 10-12-2016, 04:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LVguy View Post
interesting how does that work? you go to the site opt for electronic sample ballot, and you can use your smartphone at the voting machine to vote?

so Oct. 22nd to nov 4th, so I guess we should get the sampel ballot anytime from now to Oct 22nd right?
Go Green with Electronic Sample Ballots

Log in to Registered Voter Services. Then, select Request My Sample Ballot Electronically (Go Green) from the Voter Services dropdown menu at the top of the page, enter your e-mail address, and click "Save." You will immediately receive a confirmation e-mail indicating that you will no longer receive paper sample ballots. If you do not receive the confirmation, check your spam or junk mail folder first before you contact us.

My snail mail sample ballot has always arrived (knock on wood) several days before the first day of early voting. It has the handy bar code that they scan for instant check-in.

One draw back to the e-sample ballot is they cannot scan your electronic sample ballot. They just enter your name and call you up - so it's painless.

Old 10-14-2016, 06:34 PM

nice thanks a lot for that, I was a little confused so it's like the paperless environment thing.

tried to go green but last day was oct 8th, will wait for paper ballot, and I guess all the early voting locations, info etc will be in there.

one of the statewide ballot questions from sample ballot: shall the nevada revised statues be amended to allow a person, 21 years old or older to purchase, cultivate, possess or consume a certain amount of marijuana

YES! guess after nov 8th I can go buy it then, oh wait there will be some administration processing time etc.

Old 10-23-2016, 05:55 AM

got the sample ballot, there is a section where it tells you how to vote, and it said to insert an activation card. you get that card at the polling place right? because I didn't get the card in the mail.

also this is a link for early voting places, it's already in the sample ballot but it might be handy in other ways http://nvsos.gov/sos/home/showdocument?id=4496

Old 10-23-2016, 06:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LVguy View Post
got the sample ballot, there is a section where it tells you how to vote, and it said to insert an activation card. you get that card at the polling place right? because I didn't get the card in the mail.
Yes, you get the voting card that operates the machine when you're there to vote.

Old 10-23-2016, 06:14 AM

589 posts, read 390,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by forestgump99 View Post
I personally wait till the very last day to vote ....just in case a scandal arises...because if I do early voting, I cannot change my vote.
The scandal is EARLY VOTING!

Old 10-23-2016, 06:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by forestgump99 View Post
I personally wait till the very last day to vote ....just in case a scandal arises...because if I do early voting, I cannot change my vote.

think I will early vote but wait till like Nov 1st to 4th, by then all the scandals should be out and you don't want to wait in the long line on the election day.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-1...ican-tradition interesting read

Last edited by LVguy; 10-23-2016 at 07:39 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas