Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2014, 09:54 AM

4 posts, read 5,381 times

Advertisements

Currently in Las Vegas as a first time snow bird. What is your must see while we are here. Thanks for your suggestions?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2014, 10:11 AM

10,864 posts, read 16,992,760 times
My must see attraction on this forum is the search button.

Here's why:

Favorite things to do?
Fun things for a 12 year old to do
100 Things Every Las Vegan Should Know!
Things to do in Las Vegas with Family
Fun things to do in Vegas during day time?

Those were the first five (of hundreds) of threads when I searched this forum for "things to do."

Old 10-06-2014, 10:24 AM

427 posts, read 630,509 times
We all have different interests, priorities and physical abilities. Borrow a Las Vegas travel book from the library or buy one. Learn about ALL the options available then decide which activities best meet YOUR needs.

Old 10-06-2014, 10:29 AM

3,598 posts, read 4,948,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by longton52 View Post
We all have different interests, priorities and physical abilities. Borrow a Las Vegas travel book from the library or buy one. Learn about ALL the options available then decide which activities best meet YOUR needs.
OP said they are already in Las Vegas. Nobody is going to leave the Strip to go to a library.

Old 10-06-2014, 10:49 AM

427 posts, read 630,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by logline View Post
OP said they are already in Las Vegas. Nobody is going to leave the Strip to go to a library.
they didn't say they were staying ON the Strip.
They said they're snowbirds, which indicates they're probably here for a few months so visiting a library isn't out of the question, nor is a trip to the bookstore.

Old 10-06-2014, 12:27 PM

4,857 posts, read 7,609,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoopLV View Post
My must see attraction on this forum is the search button.

Here's why:

Favorite things to do?
Fun things for a 12 year old to do
100 Things Every Las Vegan Should Know!
Things to do in Las Vegas with Family
Fun things to do in Vegas during day time?

Those were the first five (of hundreds) of threads when I searched this forum for "things to do."

They should lock this forum down. Or stop letting new members join. At the very least they should stop allowing new threads. Every question has already been asked.

It doesn't matter if you're a new member and want to get in on some conversation, every thing the new member would have to say has already been said.

Old 10-06-2014, 12:32 PM

1,107 posts, read 1,420,916 times
Besides, if they are only going to stay on the strip, than they are never actually going to make to Las Vegas (Officially). Unless they visit The Stratosphere I suppose.

Old 10-06-2014, 12:49 PM

10,864 posts, read 16,992,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dport7674 View Post
They should lock this forum down. Or stop letting new members join. At the very least they should stop allowing new threads. Every question has already been asked.

It doesn't matter if you're a new member and want to get in on some conversation, every thing the new member would have to say has already been said.
That isn't true. I see new questions all the time. But in order for new users to ask intelligent questions, they must first take just a wee bit of time to learn the barest minimum about the subject matter. "What is your must see while we are here" is no different than, "Please spoon feed me information because I can't be bothered to even type 'Las Vegas attractions' into Google."

My must sees? The Bellagio Gallery of Fine Art, anything happening at the Smith Center, the Pioneer Saloon in Goodsprings, and Valley of Fire. I'll bet a dollar that OP isn't interested in most of that list.

Old 10-06-2014, 02:46 PM

5,314 posts, read 7,784,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dport7674 View Post

But then someone will comment on a year old thread and get 14 "Wow, talk about reviving an old thread".. can't win..

Old 10-06-2014, 02:50 PM

1,384 posts, read 1,679,431 times
Red Rock canyon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas