Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2014, 05:32 PM

8 posts, read 5,875 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caltovegas View Post
Have you inquired about your rights as a tenant and foreclosure? Maybe someone can chime in.
There's nothing I can do. The owner of the house *on paper, anyway* took out two reverse mortages on the home and payments stopped quite some time ago. House is being seized friday afternoon and myself, along with the other two people who live here have to be moved out.

All of this which I only found out four days ago.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2014, 05:40 PM

12,973 posts, read 15,802,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxinInTheMaxima View Post
There's nothing I can do. The owner of the house *on paper, anyway* took out two reverse mortages on the home and payments stopped quite some time ago. House is being seized friday afternoon and myself, along with the other two people who live here have to be moved out.

All of this which I only found out four days ago.
Actually that is not true. If you are on a month to month they have to give you a month. If on a lease they have to honor it. Tenants do have some rights in these deals.

Old 11-02-2014, 09:07 PM

I don't have a lease with this home and neither does anyone else here. The owner is my friend's grandmother. We were staying here for low rent in exchange for maintaining the house since the grandmother is in nursing care.

However, None of us knew *not even her granddaughter* that she was spending her money wildly and not paying the loans back. As such, Now she's in crippling debt, and everyone's getting booted.

Which is why I stated Ill be homeless come friday, because that's the reality. Or would be, anyway, if I hadn't been saving the $$$.

Old 11-02-2014, 09:14 PM

654 posts, read 1,250,714 times
well, another method is to scan CL and obtain a reasonable house share or room to stay...

Last edited by forestgump99; 11-02-2014 at 09:48 PM..

Old 11-02-2014, 09:20 PM

Quote:
I don't have a lease with this home and neither does anyone else here. The owner is my friend's grandmother. We were staying here for low rent in exchange for maintaining the house since the grandmother is in nursing care.

However, None of us knew *not even her granddaughter* that she was spending her money wildly and not paying the loans back. As such, Now she's in crippling debt, and everyone's getting booted.

Which is why I stated Ill be homeless come friday, because that's the reality. Or would be, anyway, if I hadn't been saving the $$$.
So you were camping there for free? If you were paying any fee periodically you get one period. If you really have to get out the fact would be you were squatting...

Does not compute by the way. If Grandma stayed in the house or had a plan to come back to it they would not be able to foreclose. Reverse mortgages generally do not require payment until the recipient dies or moves out.

It would also be unusual for reverse mortgage not to yield some equity. Nature of the beast.

Old 11-03-2014, 12:40 AM

My assumption is that you need some kind of written lease to get a period.

Grandmother had no plan *or ability to* return to the home after going into nursing care per her own accord. As I said, this is not my business, merely my situation.

We were paying $450/Month each.

Old 11-03-2014, 06:09 AM

Quote:
My assumption is that you need some kind of written lease to get a period.

Grandmother had no plan *or ability to* return to the home after going into nursing care per her own accord. As I said, this is not my business, merely my situation.

We were paying $450/Month each.
Nope. If you were paying monthly you should get a month to move. It would help if have a cancelled check but even that is not required. The only real requirement is that you respond to court papers. dI would not be surprised if the bank offered a spiff to move.

Old 11-03-2014, 06:28 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,120,116 times
Did you look at Extended Stay America?

At least on the web, it looks like a step up from Siegel or Budget.

Old 11-03-2014, 12:31 PM

654 posts, read 1,250,714 times
I would offer my garage but that would mean my Bentley would have to be out in the cold, so thats not going to work.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas