Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2014, 06:54 PM

12,686 posts, read 36,352,317 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrocktonBoxers View Post
Of course it's not deserved, firemen are even worse, total scam job to the tax payers. Gov workers use to make less than the private sector because they got to retire early and got a real nice pension. Now they get paid 5 to 15 times the average joe with benefits only gov workers get, massive drop scams, sick time scams and still getting massive pensions while retiring early. I forgot the cadilac HC plans for them and their spouse for life.
Where do you live? I know a couple of firemen that would love to bring you a Welcome basket.

Now if I were you, and hated it here so much, I think either I-80 goes all the way back to somewhere near Brockton, Mass. Take I-15 north and....

Old 12-18-2014, 07:02 PM

57 posts, read 60,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvoc View Post
The tax rate in Henderson has been the same for 20 years or so. The actual tax bill has gone down from what it was 8 or 10 years ago.

The taxpayer appears to approve of the salaries of safety workers though they appear to believe everyone else is over payed.

So this is pretty much a dead horse beating thread.

If we ever get to it the City of Los Alamitos where I lived in CA had a mixed force. Two paid and everyone else a volunteer. Worked fine.

''The taxpayer appears to approve of the salaries of safety workers though they appear to believe everyone else is over payed.''

The problem is the tax payers don't get to approve anything.

The paid for union rep sits next to the paid for politician on the other side of the table who is representing the tax payer? That's right, nobody, the unions spend millions every year getting their buddies elected so they can shaft the tax payers.

Of course all volunteer fd's work fine too.

Pasadena Volunteer Fire Department - About Us

No need for one paid firemen in the desert!

Old 12-18-2014, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz123 View Post
Where do you live? I know a couple of firemen that would love to bring you a Welcome basket.

Now if I were you, and hated it here so much, I think either I-80 goes all the way back to somewhere near Brockton, Mass. Take I-15 north and....

I love it here that's why I don't want these scammers here like MA has. I'll enjoy that welcome basket too.

Old 12-18-2014, 07:21 PM

12,973 posts, read 15,800,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrocktonBoxers View Post
''The taxpayer appears to approve of the salaries of safety workers though they appear to believe everyone else is over payed.''

The problem is the tax payers don't get to approve anything.
Nonsense. Utter nonsense. In NV the citizen can absolutely bring anything to a halt if the choose. They simply don't elect anyone who supports the undesired position. Happens all the time - try to get elected here on supporting a state income tax.

Quote:
The paid for union rep sits next to the paid for politician on the other side of the table who is representing the tax payer? That's right, nobody, the unions spend millions every year getting their buddies elected so they can shaft the tax payers.

Of course all volunteer fd's work fine too.

Pasadena Volunteer Fire Department - About Us

No need for one paid firemen in the desert!
More nonsense. Pasadena TX is a little city by itself. An entirely different problem. Henderson is a city twice as big embedded in a 2 million metropolis. In that situation you need organization and coordination. If all hell breaks loose on the strip Henderson needs to be organized to jump in. If a 30 car pileup occurs on 215 Henderson needs Clark County and the City of Las Vegas quick. All that requires a modicum of professional staffing. Note that it was Henderson that took a good try at blowing up the whole county.

Again you beat the dead horse. He ain't getting up.

Old 12-18-2014, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoHoVe View Post
To suggest that firefighters only respond to fires is like saying cops only respond to shootings.
Again, we don't need any more ambulance drives that make 100k per year, the private ambulance services do just fine. Your fired, now we can lower taxes and have better growth.
Too bad the cops weren't worried about criminals as much as they love giving out tickets. I'd rather take my chances with criminals at least you can take them out when they are trying to rob you.

Old 12-18-2014, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvoc View Post
Nonsense. Utter nonsense. In NV the citizen can absolutely bring anything to a halt if the choose. They simply don't elect anyone who supports the undesired position. Happens all the time - try to get elected here on supporting a state income tax.

More nonsense. Pasadena TX is a little city by itself. An entirely different problem. Henderson is a city twice as big embedded in a 2 million metropolis. In that situation you need organization and coordination. If all hell breaks loose on the strip Henderson needs to be organized to jump in. If a 30 car pileup occurs on 215 Henderson needs Clark County and the City of Las Vegas quick. All that requires a modicum of professional staffing. Note that it was Henderson that took a good try at blowing up the whole county.

Again you beat the dead horse. He ain't getting up.

Lol, they're firemen not doctors! You go tell these real public servants and they aren't real firemen. The 257k in Henderson are packed in there like rats, it's also a small city unless you think most of them are living in the mountains in tents. Organized and coordination, kind like this one that was lit right across the street from one of your top of the line fire stations. Los Angeles and Southern California News - ABC7 KABC

Sleeping on the job?

A thirty car pile up needs ambulances not 30 fire trucks to show up. The private ambulance services beat the over paid firemen to wrecks in Vegas all the time. But of course they're not hanging around the gym or Costco either. One phone call would have more volunteers than needed, get over yourself.

Old 12-18-2014, 07:47 PM

Again, Gov workers use to make less than the private sector because they got to retire early and got a real nice pension. Now they get paid 5 to 15 times the average joe with benefits only gov workers get, massive drop scams, sick time scams and still getting massive pensions while retiring early. I forgot the cadilac HC plans for them and their spouse for life.

Time to bring these scammers back to earth.

Old 12-19-2014, 07:58 AM

10,864 posts, read 16,992,760 times
[orphaned]

Scoff if you want. But I have found that [the OP's] attitude is dirt common in Nevada. Nevada has a surprising amount of agriculture. But it's bumper crop isn't any kind of food -- it's Libertarians. For some reason, this state is like a bug-light for whack-a-doodles who want to tear down the entire fabric of society so that they can save a few dollars in taxes.

Seriously, if we were to implement all the policies that they espouse, we would be living in a Mad Max: Beyond Thunderdome reality in a matter of years. My two major issues with living in Clark County are 1) The utterly low expectations of the average resident; and 2) their dogma that taxes and government in general are evil (while they hypocritically enjoy of the benefits of said government in the form of power grid subsidies, regulated air travel, a highway system, schools (not particularly good schools but it's something), and all the rest of the things that keep civilizations wheel's greased).

If we could round them all up and force them onto their own magical Ayn Randian reservation, our community (and state and country) would be far better off. Those Libertarians would resort to cannibalism within a few short months....

This guy breaks it down in great detail: Why I fled libertarianism — and became a liberal - Salon.com

Last edited by observer53; 12-19-2014 at 09:32 AM..

Old 12-19-2014, 08:04 AM

5,314 posts, read 7,784,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoopLV View Post
Scoff if you want. But I have found that [the OP's] attitude is dirt common in Nevada. Nevada has a surprising amount of agriculture. But it's bumper crop isn't any kind of food -- it's Libertarians. For some reason, this state is like a bug-light for whack-a-doodles who want to tear down the entire fabric of society so that they can save a few dollars in taxes.

Seriously, if we were to implement all the policies that they espouse, we would be living in a Mad Max: Beyond Thunderdome reality in a matter of years. My two major issues with living in Clark County are 1) The utterly low expectations of the average resident; and 2) their dogma that taxes and government in general are evil (while they hypocritically enjoy of the benefits of said government in the form of power grid subsidies, regulated air travel, a highway system, schools (not particularly good schools but it's something), and all the rest of the things that keep civilizations wheel's greased).

If we could round them all up and force them onto their own magical Ayn Randian reservation, our community (and state and country) would be far better off. Those Libertarians would resort to cannibalism within a few short months....

This guy breaks it down in great detail: Why I fled libertarianism — and became a liberal - Salon.com
I don't understand where the OP is even coming from. Our taxes are so low here, it's laughable. I'm thinking maybe he got beat up by a firefighter once? Maybe a firefighter slept with his wife? Maybe he's jealous that he doesn't make very much money?

But to say our taxes are to high because we are paying lofty salaries is ridiculous. Our taxes are so low, that most people whom we tell don't believe us!

Last edited by observer53; 12-19-2014 at 09:32 AM..

Old 12-19-2014, 08:16 AM

16,711 posts, read 19,410,227 times
This is his first post and all he is doing is ranting about gov't employees being "scammers". [snip-personal]

Take the political diatribe to the appropriate forum. It's called "Politics and other Controversies".

Last edited by observer53; 12-19-2014 at 09:33 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas