Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2015, 03:05 PM

7,112 posts, read 13,156,755 times

Advertisements

My daughter used to go to the small magnet school over on the old west side(president streets) There are a couple of very well kept homes and yards with someone usually sitting in a rocking chair or maintaining the yard. Looks like some of hose long time residents have been there since Sammy Davis Jr. used to perform on the strip. I bet they have some interesting stories to tell.

The local publication called Blavk Image did an article last year that interviewed some of the longest living residents on the old west side of town. Some of them even worked at the Moulan Rouge's short stint as a teen. I would pay to hear a "closed door between me and you" story from any one of them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2015, 05:24 PM

1,596 posts, read 2,811,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowsnow View Post
We have people right here who need to interviewed about their past. They are getting old and I hate it that they might die without leaving their war stories and narrative histories.
You are so spot on.

Bill

Old 01-17-2015, 05:08 PM

13,586 posts, read 13,118,325 times
My uncle was a Las Vegas legend that no one ever heard of. I remember reading a mob book that mentioned a guy. There's a picture of me sitting on that guy's lap at Disneyland when I was four.

Old 01-17-2015, 07:48 PM

1,384 posts, read 1,679,431 times
I think I am your long lost brother from another mother.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
My uncle was a Las Vegas legend that no one ever heard of. I remember reading a mob book that mentioned a guy. There's a picture of me sitting on that guy's lap at Disneyland when I was four.

Old 01-18-2015, 10:21 PM

12,686 posts, read 36,352,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by winter-rabbit View Post
In particular, the nooks and crannies all along the strip.

Need interesting insights into different areas of the strip if there are any....

for example, some famous mobster got killed or shot dead at this very spot..etc etc

also interesting way points along or to the sides of LV blvd.

get what i mean?
Whyyyyyy?

Most hits were made away from Las Vegas, or at least away from the Strip, like Bugsy Siegel. Didn't want attention from the Feds. There have been some car bombings in the past. They tried to blow up Lefty Rosenthal in the parking lot between Marie Calenders and Tony Roma's, they blew up reporter Ned Day's car, but not Ned, they planted a bomb in Harry Reid's car but it didn't go off and he found it. There was a car bombing in an underground garage, but I forget whose it was. I was a juror on a murder trail and came to the conclusion that Tony Spilatro was probably behind it. He had whacked or had whacked a guy not long before that. Tony Spilatro's Hole in The Wall Gang hung out at various places around town. They had valets making keys for them when somebody rich was having dinner or something, and would call the gang. Or they would just go and knock a hole in the side of the person's home, thus the name.

You might find lots of stuff at the Mob Museum, but newspaper archives, and books might be best sources. The newspaper archives used to be kept at the Lied Library downtown. Barnes & Noble has lots and lots of books on the subject.

But, maybe you could be a little more specific as to what you need.

Old 01-19-2015, 04:05 AM

2,542 posts, read 2,736,501 times
This was posted on this forum awhile back:

Las Vegas History: https://web.archive.org/web/20100217...LVHISTORY.html

Old 01-20-2015, 08:12 PM

12,686 posts, read 36,352,317 times
I've gotten help from these friendly folks in Carson City before. Email them your question and they will usually do their best to get you an answer.

http://nsla.nv.gov/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: