Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2015, 05:16 AM

160 posts, read 172,371 times

Advertisements

Can someone living in the Tuscany community in Henderson, tell me the pros and cons of living there? My wife and I will be buying a home there next month. We are having it built and it will be completed just before June. I hope the builder( Century) is right about the time frame. I am interested in knowing if the homes are being well built. Any major problems? WE are anxious to use that huge pool that is there in that community. Is the security ever on patrol, like in a car cruising around? How about it future neighbors, any advice you can give me? I really would be grateful. Oh..... since we are having our home built, any advice on what upgrades ARE or ARE NOT worth getting?? Im sure people that had theirs built will be able to say what they would have done differently in the whole process Thanks sooo much for anyones help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2015, 11:00 AM

13,044 posts, read 13,858,996 times
Just curious: Why didn't you inquire about the pros & cons of living there BEFORE you signed a contract to have a house built? Isn't it a bit late?

Old 01-19-2015, 05:20 PM

2,076 posts, read 4,071,283 times
You can see my other posts about Tuscany, I'm not a huge fan, but the area is likely to improve in the near future.

Tuscany itself is fine, the issue is you need to drive through the hood to get there. Grocery shopping and whatnot is fairly far away and you'll be shopping, basically in the hood. Expect to get panhandled regularly.

The schools, they actually have a good greatschools rating, but that's relatively new. A lot of low income areas feed into the zoned schools for Tuscany. I drive through the school area every day and it's a lot of thug looking kids in the area.

Now, all of that said, I think Cadence will improve the area. New shopping will come online and I think the whole area will improve. It's never going to be Anthem, but it will be better. It's OK now, I think it will improve to "Good" once Cadence is fully online.

Old 01-19-2015, 05:54 PM

557 posts, read 793,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestieJeff View Post
You can see my other posts about Tuscany, I'm not a huge fan, but the area is likely to improve in the near future.

Tuscany itself is fine, the issue is you need to drive through the hood to get there. Grocery shopping and whatnot is fairly far away and you'll be shopping, basically in the hood. Expect to get panhandled regularly.

The schools, they actually have a good greatschools rating, but that's relatively new. A lot of low income areas feed into the zoned schools for Tuscany. I drive through the school area every day and it's a lot of thug looking kids in the area.

Now, all of that said, I think Cadence will improve the area. New shopping will come online and I think the whole area will improve. It's never going to be Anthem, but it will be better. It's OK now, I think it will improve to "Good" once Cadence is fully online.
As an Anthem fanboy, this is music to my ears.

Old 01-20-2015, 05:34 PM

3,049 posts, read 4,542,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestieJeff View Post

What makes you think Cadence will improve the area? Or will it just give the thugs and hoodrats you're talking about newer/fancier digs to live in?

Old 01-20-2015, 09:34 PM

The issue with the area is a lot of HUD and Section 8 housing along with older homes and a whole swath of mobile/trailer homes that feed into that shopping and school area.

Cadence will lift the socio-economic median of the area quite a bit. Cadence looks like it is going to be pretty nice and I think it will draw people to the area. Plus, I know people who would like to move to Tuscany or LLV, but don't want to drive through the hood and shop in the trashy Albertsons on the corner of Boulder Highway and Lake Mead so instead they move to Anthem or Inspirada.

The fact that the elementary school is now scoring in the top bracket will help a lot too since a lot of people simply won't move to an area with poor schools. Hopefully that will keep up.

If they open a new, nice grocery store near Cadence, that will a huge boon for LLV and Tuscany as well.

It could be just what the area needs. I suspect this is a 10 year horizon type thing though. Hopefully the economy and house prices hold up long enough for Cadence to fill out.

Or I could be completely wrong

Quote:
Originally Posted by kttam186290 View Post
What makes you think Cadence will improve the area? Or will it just give the thugs and hoodrats you're talking about newer/fancier digs to live in?

Old 01-21-2015, 12:23 AM

550 posts, read 637,395 times
The newly (relatively) opened Galleria Dr. will pretty much eliminate the need to drive thru the tatty parts of Boulder or Lake Mead. If you head straight down Galleria, you come right into Tuscany. No traffic lights and maybe 1 stop sign. It's fast! People I know that live there largely bypass that Albertson's, and head to the Walmart on Marks or Trader Joe and Smiths on Sunset near Green Valley Pkwy for groceries. Once you are in that area, you have the Mall Costco and the rest of Sunset and Stephanie to get what you need. I am hoping when Cadence is built the area gets some more shopping. I live in South Valley Ranch, right near the area and there are several communities lacking amenities, but little by little, it's getting better. Once the new Valley Hospital @Union Village is built the area will be pretty busy.

Old 01-22-2015, 10:23 AM

160 posts, read 172,371 times
I said we are going to be buying a home at Tuscany in Henderson. We did NOT sign a contract yet. IM asking questions here BEFORE we do sign a contract. I do appreciate any advice as I have said. I live in the Chicago area and would love to answer any questions someone may have about our fine city

Old 01-22-2015, 11:09 AM

15,826 posts, read 14,463,105 times
I've posted this in other Tuscany threads, so I'll put it here also. I wouldn't touch Tuscany with a ten foot pole. It's too close to the old BMI/Timet toxic waste dump. It isn't actually on it, but it's right next door.

Old 01-22-2015, 11:21 AM

It's been cleaned up and Cadence will be sitting directly on it.

Whether or not you believe it is "cleaned up", there will be a bunch of homes sitting on top of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBMW View Post
I've posted this in other Tuscany threads, so I'll put it here also. I wouldn't touch Tuscany with a ten foot pole. It's too close to the old BMI/Timet toxic waste dump. It isn't actually on it, but it's right next door.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas