Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2015, 03:50 PM

5,314 posts, read 7,784,829 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EA View Post
There's a difference between women that don't respect themselves and prostitutes....
Hence MGM at 3:00am ANY day of the week...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2015, 03:56 PM

2,880 posts, read 2,806,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by von949 View Post

This is not a rant about these women. I don't really care what they do. I just wish they would stay off the busy streets and stick to the truck stops or internet. I'm more bothered by the stop and go traffic because of the rubber necking, split second turn decisions and people not paying attention to driving.
couldn't agree more

Old 03-26-2015, 04:00 PM

2,880 posts, read 2,806,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by C_A_Braun View Post
This is why you might often see some ******* on his cell phone driving next to a patrol car and chances are they are not going to be stopped because it is not necessarily that cops job to stop the cell phone holder. However you put that guy next to a motor cop and the odds go up very quickly that there will be a traffic stop in that guy's near future.
I try not to breathe when motorcycle cops are near me... or my car

If they pull you over, you're getting a ticket 100% of the time

Old 03-26-2015, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmegaSupreme View Post
I try not to breathe when motorcycle cops are near me... or my car

If they pull you over, you're getting a ticket 100% of the time
Simple justification of existence..

Old 03-26-2015, 04:09 PM

635 posts, read 746,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by C_A_Braun View Post
I don't know if metro operates this way or not but with most large agencies cops are assigned specific duties and those are the duties that they perform.

For instance motorcycle cops are pretty much exclusively assigned traffic patrol duties. They are going to watch for traffic violations and respond to accidents (that require police responses) and the like. They are not going to be dispatched burglaries or murders.

Crime cars are going to be sent to the burglary calls and generally will not deal with traffic issues.

Homicide cops deal with murders and vice cops deal with prostitutes and gang cops deal with gangs and child victim cops deal with crimes against children etc.

This is why you might often see some ******* on his cell phone driving next to a patrol car and chances are they are not going to be stopped because it is not necessarily that cops job to stop the cell phone holder. However you put that guy next to a motor cop and the odds go up very quickly that there will be a traffic stop in that guy's near future.
Not sure where you came from? If a cop is dispatched to a more urgent call they will not stop a vehicle for a traffic infraction but if a cop is doing patrol no matter motorcycle or car and see something illegal they will most likely take action unless it is unsafe to do so. Unsafe would be causing a possible accident or hazard by trying to turn around on an offending vehicle. To say "This is why you might often see some ******* on his cell phone driving next to a patrol car and chances are they are not going to be stopped because it is not necessarily that cops job to stop the cell phone holder." is not factual at all.

Old 03-26-2015, 04:15 PM

7,112 posts, read 13,156,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EA View Post
There's a difference between women that don't respect themselves and prostitutes....
Well, if they are going to go that far to disrespect themselves, might as well make some money right?

Old 03-26-2015, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by von949 View Post
Well, if they are going to go that far to disrespect themselves, might as well make some money right?
True that!

Old 03-26-2015, 05:44 PM

3,475 posts, read 3,278,007 times
lol

I can see giving the out of town tour to people, 'Here be hookers and johns'.

Old 03-26-2015, 06:02 PM

1,107 posts, read 1,420,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LV10101 View Post
Not sure where you came from? If a cop is dispatched to a more urgent call they will not stop a vehicle for a traffic infraction but if a cop is doing patrol no matter motorcycle or car and see something illegal they will most likely take action unless it is unsafe to do so. Unsafe would be causing a possible accident or hazard by trying to turn around on an offending vehicle. To say "This is why you might often see some ******* on his cell phone driving next to a patrol car and chances are they are not going to be stopped because it is not necessarily that cops job to stop the cell phone holder." is not factual at all.
As I said, I am not sure how metro operates. I can tell you though that, for example, LAPD and LASD operate in exactly the manner which I described.

Will officers on patrol perform patrol duties which they are not assigned? Sure. If a crime car is not doing anything else at the time and someone blows a red light nearly causing a crash, the chances are high that the crime car will stop that person and issue them a ticket. Just like if a motor cop see a guy enter a bank with a shotgun in his hands, chances are the motor cop is going to respond to that situation in an appropriate manner as you would expect any law enforcement officer to do.

However, when you are driving home tonight and you see a motor cop just a block or 2 from your house sitting their with his radar gun and you get home to find your house has been burglarized during the day and you immediately call the cops thinking that Mr Motor cop down the street will be there in just a few minutes but you end up waiting 2 hours, that is because it is not Mr Motor Cop's job to come take your burglary report. That call will be dispatched to a crime car that has already got 3 other burglary reports to take ahead of you.

Old 03-26-2015, 07:03 PM

2,557 posts, read 4,567,950 times
Tending to anyone breaking the law at any given moment is completely unfeasible and would practically mean pulling people over every 50 feet. Discretion becomes key.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas