Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2015, 12:46 AM

469 posts, read 494,037 times

Advertisements

I need some advice (preferably from a landlord who knows the law) on how to approach it with out the drama or hiring an attorney. I am not married to her. She has no job, bad credit, collects child support for her three children, does not pay rent. I really would hate to do it but I'm going to need some options if I have to. I am the primary person on the lease and on the utilities.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2015, 03:13 AM

2,928 posts, read 3,549,370 times
Eviction Process

Old 04-14-2015, 06:40 AM

15 posts, read 13,937 times
Not clear on the situation. I don't understand why you are on the lease. If this is your girlfriend, you need a different kind of advice, not rental law. If it's not, you have to talk to the landlord about breaking the lease and do that. Then she has no option but to move or the landlord will have the sheriff move her. This will take sometime since you will have to give the landlord 30 days notice at least, I would guess, unless he's very accommodating. But I would certainly explain the situation to him so there are no surprises later that land you in court. I've owned a lot of rental property and as a landlord I would work with anyone who came to see me rather than skip rent and force an eviction. After reading the eviction laws sounds like you can work with him on an eviction within less than thirty days but then you'll have a record of not paying rent.

Old 04-14-2015, 07:06 AM

555 posts, read 774,744 times
is this a former girlfriend of yours or strictly a tenant?

Old 04-14-2015, 08:59 AM

I am not breaking the lease and paying both the rent/utilities is not an issue for me. I was the one only one qualified to rent the home.

Last edited by soclose; 04-14-2015 at 09:08 AM..

Old 04-14-2015, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FML157 View Post
is this a former girlfriend of yours or strictly a tenant?
Tenant. Before I signed the lease, the landlord said that it's not even necessary to even have her on the lease due to her having bad credit and not being qualified.

Old 04-14-2015, 10:21 AM

1,384 posts, read 1,678,568 times
I think you are trying to take advantage of the mother's childcare income to subsidize your rent responsibility.

Now, you want to kick them out?

You tell me you didn't know the possibility of the situation not working out ahead of time?

- Ernesto

Quote:
Originally Posted by soclose View Post
Tenant. Before I signed the lease, the landlord said that it's not even necessary to even have her on the lease due to her having bad credit and not being qualified.

Old 04-14-2015, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by winter-rabbit View Post
I think you are trying to take advantage of the mother's childcare income to subsidize your rent responsibility.

Now, you want to kick them out?

You tell me you didn't know the possibility of the situation not working out ahead of time?

- Ernesto
Advantages? Seriously? Name all those advantages I have taken. She wasn't even qualified from the beginning. I have more income then her to even think about advantages. Let me put
it this way, would you want to live with a mother who has BPD and uses her own kids against you to ruin your future by sending you to jail?

Old 04-14-2015, 10:55 AM

35,095 posts, read 51,212,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soclose View Post
Advantages? The landlord said that it wasn't even necessary to even have her on the lease due to bad credit. I have more income then her to even think about advantages I have taken.
The best way to protect yourself legally is to hire an attorney and get their advice how to proceed.

Old 04-14-2015, 03:18 PM

990 posts, read 1,653,420 times
Let this be a lesson.
Dating is a party. marriage(or co-habitant) is a business.
Never go into business with someone with bad credit.
Do you love your place? If not, move out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas