Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2015, 12:36 PM

2,880 posts, read 2,806,957 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz123 View Post
I don't know if you mean HERE here, or someplace else, but in Nevada there is no fast lane. They are all the same speed limit.
Nevada has a Keep Right Law (484B.627) for slow vehicles

Slow- moving vehicles must move right if "imped[ing] ... movement of traffic."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2015, 12:48 PM

13,586 posts, read 13,118,325 times
Saw one that I hadn't seen in a long time here the other day. Buffalo and Lake Mead. Guy is in the far right lane. Light turns green, he peels out and makes a left crossing in front of four lanes of traffic who all screech to a halt to avoid t-boning him. Guess what state the plates where from?

California.

Old 05-11-2015, 01:21 PM

28,803 posts, read 47,694,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmegaSupreme View Post
Nevada has a Keep Right Law (484B.627) for slow vehicles

Slow- moving vehicles must move right if "imped[ing] ... movement of traffic."
That section references highways. Does it pertain to city streets?

Old 05-11-2015, 01:27 PM

I have seen an inordinate number of red lights run recently. I am a count to three before proceeding from a light. I might be counting to five now.

A story from my home town.

There is a street called East 14th. It is extremely busy, and totally insane during rush hour. A friend was on the local police force and was driving on it during rush hour one day. He came to a crawl in the right lane while the left was moving normally. Upon investigating the problem he discovered a little old lady driving 10 miles an hour. He pulled her over, gave her a ticket and told her she could no longer drive on that street, she had to use side streets.

According to him he could have written a second citation for what she said to him.

Old 05-11-2015, 01:31 PM

1,374 posts, read 2,435,214 times
Different sections of the same street may have different speed limits. Some streets have 40 mph limits on the Las Vegas side, but 35 mph limits on the Henderson.

Old 05-11-2015, 01:34 PM

1,107 posts, read 1,420,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
Saw one that I hadn't seen in a long time here the other day. Buffalo and Lake Mead. Guy is in the far right lane. Light turns green, he peels out and makes a left crossing in front of four lanes of traffic who all screech to a halt to avoid t-boning him. Guess what state the plates where from?

California.
Funny thing is, I drive in California ALL THE TIME and I never see anything like that. Could it be a Northern California vs Southern California thing perhaps? After all, they are like 2 different states.

You would think that if every time a car with a CA plate takes to the road in Vegas that they constantly do dumb crap, that I would see these things all day long as I drive around.

I recently got a dash cam and have posted a few videos of stupid things I have seen people do. Here is one, in Lancaster CA. that I recorded the very first day that I installed the camera. Turns out the car is registered in Texas of all places. This guy moves from the center lane to the right lane (my lane) right in front of me and then a couple hundred feet later, decides he wants to make a left turn so he cuts across 3 lanes of through traffic to get to the left turn lane within the span of about 20 feet.

https://youtu.be/JOba8mo_oBY?t=20s

Based upon that video, Texas drivers are the worst.

Old 05-11-2015, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott456 View Post
Different sections of the same street may have different speed limits. Some streets have 40 mph limits on the Las Vegas side, but 35 mph limits on the Henderson.
Yeah, toss some gasoline on the fire.

Old 05-11-2015, 01:39 PM

1,107 posts, read 1,420,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tek_Freek View Post
I have seen an inordinate number of red lights run recently. I am a count to three before proceeding from a light. I might be counting to five now.

A story from my home town.

There is a street called East 14th. It is extremely busy, and totally insane during rush hour. A friend was on the local police force and was driving on it during rush hour one day. He came to a crawl in the right lane while the left was moving normally. Upon investigating the problem he discovered a little old lady driving 10 miles an hour. He pulled her over, gave her a ticket and told her she could no longer drive on that street, she had to use side streets.

According to him he could have written a second citation for what she said to him.
Hyperbole perhaps, but I don't think that there is a police jurisdiction anywhere (at least not in the USA) where a police officer can order a person to not drive on a specific street. I doubt that there is a judge who would do that either, but certainly if a cop ever tried to tell me that I was prohibited from driving on a particular street, I would tell him to stick it where the sun don't shine!

Old 05-11-2015, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by C_A_Braun View Post
Funny thing is, I drive in California ALL THE TIME and I never see anything like that. Could it be a Northern California vs Southern California thing perhaps? After all, they are like 2 different states.

You would think that if every time a car with a CA plate takes to the road in Vegas that they constantly do dumb crap, that I would see these things all day long as I drive around.

I recently got a dash cam and have posted a few videos of stupid things I have seen people do. Here is one, in Lancaster CA. that I recorded the very first day that I installed the camera. Turns out the car is registered in Texas of all places. This guy moves from the center lane to the right lane (my lane) right in front of my and then a couple hundred feet later, decides he wants to make a left turn so he cuts across 3 lanes of through traffic to get to the left turn lane within the span of about 30 feet.

https://youtu.be/JOba8mo_oBY?t=20s

Based upon that video, Texas drivers are the worst.
I see someone from out of town (per your description) looking for something. They think it's on the right (or they need to turn right to get to it) then realize it's to the left. As long as there is no traffic in the way, and I didn't see any passing to your left in the video, I fail to see why they are terrible drivers. They even used their turn signals.

Old 05-11-2015, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by C_A_Braun View Post
Hyperbole perhaps, but I don't think that there is a police jurisdiction anywhere (at least not in the USA) where a police officer can order a person to not drive on a specific street. I doubt that there is a judge who would do that either, but certainly if a cop ever tried to tell me that I was prohibited from driving on a particular street, I would tell him to stick it where the sun don't shine!
And when they caught you they'd hand you another ticket.

Not hyperbole. If you knew this guy, you'd understand. Straight arrow.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: