Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2015, 02:31 PM

28,803 posts, read 47,699,483 times

Advertisements

I can't even spell raitonelle.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2015, 02:55 PM

5,314 posts, read 7,784,829 times
I've never heard anyone wish death on attendees, that seems a bit mentally unstable. I've heard people talk about traffic, drugs, and the overall vibe of the attendees, but never death wishes. There have been deaths, though, which is unfortunate. The last one, I believe, was a 15 year old girl who snuck into EDC Los Angeles and died of an Ecstacy overdose. I think there were at least a couple deaths at the one here last year, too. Although the event is 18+, it's pretty naive to think that no one there is under that age.

Last edited by Raiderman; 06-15-2015 at 02:55 PM.. Reason: typo

Old 06-15-2015, 09:22 PM

168 posts, read 212,301 times
I'm 27 and EDM is probably the least appealing music to me.

Some of the stuff gets my head to nod, but majority of it is just noise to the ear.

EDC isn't about just the music. It's more of a large rave costume party where you can get away with doing drugs in a vast public environment with your like-minded peers. The best part about it to the majority of us is watching the girls in underwear and stockings loading up on drinks at the convenient stores. Well, that and the economy boost.

Old 06-15-2015, 10:36 PM

4,857 posts, read 7,610,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by winter-rabbit View Post
Just like you love Rock, Classical, or Pop.

Local folks seem to be emitting a lot of hatred for tourists coming into town for the EDC festival, citing all the drug violations, vandalism, and drunk behaviors. In the end, with 100K plus visitors, the bad stats are just a spec of concern and not an anomaly for large concert events.

Most of these locals are older and never been exposed to it as in a lifestyle with friends, people and community.

I am not part of the young 20's, but I do enjoy my EDM.

I started listening to EDM aka Euro-House/Trance/Techno music back in the early 1990's. I went to EDM clubs well into my 30's. I see the evolution. The music is very much the same, the lifestyle around it has evolved into big venues. Major pop artists have collaborated to create EDM tracks. EDM tracks frequent make the top 10 Billboard overall list. Celebrity EDM DJs (as much as some of you hate them) are here to stay.

Older generations will stick to what they hold dearly in their hearts musically. I understand that, and I am not that young myself. Just don't go about creating a hatred and divide for music you have the lowest preferences for.

Just like racist is the term for someone who is prejudice against another race. Is there some treatment for those who are against other music styles?

Thanks for ranting err umm I mean thanks for talking about yourself... I meant to say thanks for sharing.

Yawn.

Old 06-15-2015, 10:50 PM

696 posts, read 1,170,328 times
I cannot stand the term EDM that's a term noobs use to be apart of electronic music culture.

When I think of EDM I think of top 40 and LMFAO and Steve Aoki and other teeny bopper garbage.

EDM is an insult term to people who actually listen to electronic music such as house and trance.

Old 06-16-2015, 03:51 AM

168 posts, read 212,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cityKing View Post
I cannot stand the term EDM that's a term noobs use to be apart of electronic music culture.

When I think of EDM I think of top 40 and LMFAO and Steve Aoki and other teeny bopper garbage.

EDM is an insult term to people who actually listen to electronic music such as house and trance.
Funny, electric music is an insult to people who actually listen to real music...

Old 06-16-2015, 07:40 AM

5,314 posts, read 7,784,829 times
It's all preference. I just happen to prefer music that is played with instruments. In reality, by definition, music is vocal and/or instrumental sound. Without vocals or instruments, by definition, it is just sound, not music. But EDM sounds better than EDS, which is a disease

Old 06-16-2015, 08:05 AM

687 posts, read 4,405,373 times
As a 46 year old simple family man, I really love this kind of music. I would love the opportunity to go to EDC someday.
I wanted to go this year but was in a bad car accident a month ago and am still kinda laid up. Oh well, maybe next year.

Old 06-16-2015, 10:32 AM

1,384 posts, read 1,679,431 times
The EDM bashers are slowly coming out...and they are definitely prejudice towards EDM.

I've never seen anything like this. You don't see any prejudice against any other music styles.

Old 06-16-2015, 10:35 AM

28,803 posts, read 47,699,483 times
Seriously? You expect everyone to love the music you love and when someone expresses dislike they are killers and haters and bashers.

You do have a tendency to overreact. Or are you just wanting to stir the pot for your thread?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas