U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2008, 10:35 AM

12,252 posts, read 16,617,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5kingsinvegas View Post
Not to sound rude, well maybe a little, but when I go out to eat and the person serving my food looks like a relative of the hunchback of notre dame I tend to lose my appetite.
I would imagine that guys who visit strip joints where the dancers are oversized also lose their appetites, albeit a different type of appetite.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2008, 12:56 PM

8,791 posts, read 14,916,022 times
I think all male waiters should look like the dancers from Thunder down under. But that's just my own opinion.

Old 01-26-2008, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
I think all male waiters should look like the dancers from Thunder down under. But that's just my own opinion.
and lets just hope they use CLEAN socks!

Old 01-26-2008, 01:50 PM

What does a male waiter who looks like a 'Thunder from Down Under' dancer have that others don't?

A BIG tip!

Old 01-26-2008, 06:20 PM

2,547 posts, read 3,994,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfkIII View Post
What does a male waiter who looks like a 'Thunder from Down Under' dancer have that others don't?

A BIG tip!
Only if he's goy.

Old 01-26-2008, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aqualung8705 View Post
Only if he's goy.
Goy??? Is that a Jewish Male Homosexual?

Old 01-27-2008, 01:16 AM

11,397 posts, read 19,760,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movingon2vegas View Post
Just wanted to catch your attention with the title. lol

As Vegas residents or visitors do you notice any discrimination based on size in Vegas? Do you know of anyone who has been discriminated against based solely on their size? I know it is a problem all over the world however it seems to be an even bigger problem in the United States. I understand on the strip most times the goal is who can wear the least amount of clothes. I can see the reasoning behind (although don't agree with) the discrimination in hiring practices at places where they expect you to wear skimpy costumes as a uniform. However, I'm talking about off the strip in normal everyday occurrences. I just wondered if size discrimination was more prevalent in Vegas since it's portrayed as such a flashy entertainment driven city.

Is your question does height or weight matter, or is it about boob size? Appearance is always going to influence an employer anywhere, and I have read somewhere that taller people are generally more successful than shorter ones in this country. If you want to know if you have to have big boobs to get a cocktail server job...probably. Depends on the place. I believe they get away with only hiring hot looking young babes by calling them "cast" members since you can demand certain characteristics in the cast of a production.

Old 01-27-2008, 04:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfkIII View Post
Goy??? Is that a Jewish Male Homosexual?
It's a pun. Goy is the Yiddish word for Gentile.

Old 01-27-2008, 04:32 AM

1,755 posts, read 3,739,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aqualung8705 View Post
It's a pun. Goy is the Yiddish word for Gentile.
So, what is considered more desirable---circumcision, or foreskin--and which group typically has which?

Old 01-27-2008, 05:28 AM

Jewish males are traditionally circumcised, as are most men in America these days. In most cases (non-Jewish), it's done in the hospital by the doctor not long after the boy is born. The trend is starting to change a little bit. Some women (and men, who swing that way) like their men "cut", and some like them "uncut".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas