Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2015, 05:37 PM

638 posts, read 594,129 times

Advertisements

What's a typical price for a service (I have 3 units) and what does it entail?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2015, 07:28 PM

2,413 posts, read 2,029,998 times
Quote:
Be aware however that you better service your AC once a year if you wish to be able to do a home warranty claim. They will turn down based on failure to maintain.
Nope.

Old 07-12-2015, 01:13 AM

1,374 posts, read 2,435,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvoc View Post
Be aware however that you better service your AC once a year if you wish to be able to do a home warranty claim. They will turn down based on failure to maintain.
Never heard of such a thing.

Old 07-12-2015, 08:37 AM

930 posts, read 1,818,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott456 View Post
Never heard of such a thing.
some bury it in the fine print in their contracts along with all the other BS that gets them out of fixing anything or covering full amount of repairs

Old 07-12-2015, 09:30 AM

687 posts, read 4,405,210 times
Also be aware that home warranty companies use lowball crap contractors for a/c work. I've seen new compressors installed into 20 and 30 year old units. That's not the kind of warranty I would want.

I would rather just keep some cash set aside in case of a summer breakdown and pay a legit company to repair it right.

Old 07-12-2015, 10:49 AM

Quote:
some bury it in the fine print in their contracts along with all the other BS that gets them out of fixing anything or covering full amount of repairs
HSA repairs everything they have contracted to repair. They only charge the agreed service fee if you use their contractor.

Quote:
Also be aware that home warranty companies use lowball crap contractors for a/c work.
This is sometimes true. You need to find out who they plan to send and google them. Some of the contractors are terrible and some are excellent. HSA lets you opt out and pick your own repair service, but if you do they will only pay what their contractor would have charged.

Old 07-12-2015, 11:28 AM

12,973 posts, read 15,800,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cold Warrior View Post
HSA repairs everything they have contracted to repair. They only charge the agreed service fee if you use their contractor.

This is sometimes true. You need to find out who they plan to send and google them. Some of the contractors are terrible and some are excellent. HSA lets you opt out and pick your own repair service, but if you do they will only pay what their contractor would have charged.
The companies are quite consistent. We have years of experience with AHS and HSA. We virtually always turn down the company on their choice of replacement. This includes water heaters, softeners, microwave, dishwasher and wall oven. They all have a reasonable program to reimburse you for a direct purchase. You must however get the warranty company to agree to a replacement before they will pay. Over the listed set we have found their reimbursement policies to be reasonable.

Note that at the moment HSA is using Sears for most of its appliance repair.

At the moment Old Republic gets the best reviews in RE circles. YMMV..

Old 07-12-2015, 03:50 PM

359 posts, read 361,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger08 View Post
I am when it comes to saving them money. We store our RV for for free in their driveway. Scratch my back and I'll scratch yours. They can buy the unit and I'll install it it for free and if I'm not in any condition to do it, I have some other neighbors that will pitch in and do the work while I supervise.

Wee have a good bond with all of our neighbors and when someone comes in to take advantage, the rest of us will step up and clean house.

you are a great neighbor the valley needs more like you GET WELL SOON

ps what should install price be on a 5 ton 2nd story rooftop unit? reason i ask is you can find the ac unit starting around 3k on the internet thanks

Old 07-12-2015, 06:36 PM

Oddly, HSA has only referred me to Sears for dishwasher repair. Sears does not repair dishwashers.

Old 07-12-2015, 07:15 PM

12,973 posts, read 15,800,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cold Warrior View Post
Oddly, HSA has only referred me to Sears for dishwasher repair. Sears does not repair dishwashers.
Ohh yes they do. Or at least they claim too. I just spent a day waiting and then two days straightening out a service call from Sears on a dishwasher. The SOB stood us up for half a day and then refused to give us 25 minutes to deal with the call. A big part of this was Sears who had a computer failure in some call cneters but not others. So we had this marvelous experience of getting a reasonable response and then getting told no further communication was possible. Fascinating. At the working level the Sears operztors obviously had a problem but did not know what was going on.

We banned Sears from our HSA Account.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas