Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-15-2014, 10:22 PM

76 posts, read 107,442 times

Advertisements

Hi All
I have been viewing the site for a few years. U guys are a great resource. Currently living in Chicago and will be moving to the house in September. I purchase a house in calico ridge which was built in 1995 and the house is a fixer upper. 4 bds, 3 bath 2900 sq ft. Nice view of the strip at night. A good deal for me. Does anybody have a good designer who will assist in designing a new look for kitchen, master bed, bath etc. the house feels like it stuck in the early 90 decor. Also need to add a pool to the house looking for a good pool designer too. One addition question has anyone shipped their cars by truck to Las Vegas. I have a few classic that I don't want to drive across the plains to get to Vegas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2014, 11:49 AM

3,631 posts, read 7,666,242 times
I had a very good experience with DAS auto shippers years ago and a HORRID experience with American auto shippers when I left Las Vegas a few years ago.

I would use DAS again without hesitation.

Old 03-18-2014, 08:05 PM

76 posts, read 107,442 times
Thanks I will check them out

Old 03-18-2014, 08:57 PM

402 posts, read 745,632 times
I am in process of using DAS now and they seem like they know what they are doing. They were recommended to me by a moving company I have used several times throughout my career. They are based in Dallas but offer options for picking up and dropping off at hubs or door to door as well as special treatment for special cars.

Old 03-27-2014, 08:24 AM

9 posts, read 8,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhedrich View Post
Hi All
I have been viewing the site for a few years. U guys are a great resource. Currently living in Chicago and will be moving to the house in September. I purchase a house in calico ridge which was built in 1995 and the house is a fixer upper. 4 bds, 3 bath 2900 sq ft. Nice view of the strip at night. A good deal for me. Does anybody have a good designer who will assist in designing a new look for kitchen, master bed, bath etc. the house feels like it stuck in the early 90 decor. Also need to add a pool to the house looking for a good pool designer too. One addition question has anyone shipped their cars by truck to Las Vegas. I have a few classic that I don't want to drive across the plains to get to Vegas.
I bought a home last year with your exact same dilemma: the home had a lot of potential but looked like it was decorated in the 90s. What I did was the following:
1. Found the top reviews for the best home designers and contractors listed. I joined Angie's List, but you could probably just use Yelp or some other free site.
2. Contacted 2-3 of them to meet to get estimates, etc.
3. Found a designer team that would work with the contractor to build/design the home I wanted.
4. Left them alone and let them do their thing. We were living in an apartment at the time, so they had free rein over the house.

My house turned out fantastic. It wasn't cheap, but surprisingly the costs were manageable and I'm very pleased with the results.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas