U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2008, 04:53 PM

11,397 posts, read 19,760,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chest Rockwell View Post
I think he meant that Las Vegas was cooler and drier than Phoenix, which was what the OP wanted to compare. Albuquerque was a write-in candidate!

Saturday, the UNM Lobos play the UNLV Rebels at the Mack. How about the OP moves to whichever school wins the game. Take a chance!
I think we scared the OP off by now. Somebody better find him and tell him where he's gonna be living.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2008, 05:10 PM

15,757 posts, read 20,291,968 times
The comments dealt with Vegas versus Phoenix. AlB was dismissed in the first paragraph which was more than it deserved. I flew something over 5 million miles Buzz...and if you think Alb is OK you just show you didn't fly much. You can get anywhere in the world from any Podunk airport as well...just takes a while.

Old 01-31-2008, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
The comments dealt with Vegas versus Phoenix. AlB was dismissed in the first paragraph which was more than it deserved. I flew something over 5 million miles Buzz...and if you think Alb is OK you just show you didn't fly much. You can get anywhere in the world from any Podunk airport as well...just takes a while.
But when was the last time you flew in or out of Albuquerque, or in those 5 million miles you flew how much time did you spend in Albuquerque? There is nothing wrong with that airport and Albuquerque has 800,000 people. I don't see that as Podunk. I don't understand why you get so fired up when something to do with New Mexico is mentioned. And why are you taking off on me? The OP didn't mention it and I merely offered it to him as an option he may not have thought of. Albuquerque is one of the best kept secrets of the southwest. Opps! Sorry. I said southwest. I know you have a button on that.

Old 01-31-2008, 08:24 PM

15,757 posts, read 20,291,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz123 View Post
But when was the last time you flew in or out of Albuquerque, or in those 5 million miles you flew how much time did you spend in Albuquerque? There is nothing wrong with that airport and Albuquerque has 800,000 people. I don't see that as Podunk. I don't understand why you get so fired up when something to do with New Mexico is mentioned. And why are you taking off on me? The OP didn't mention it and I merely offered it to him as an option he may not have thought of. Albuquerque is one of the best kept secrets of the southwest. Opps! Sorry. I said southwest. I know you have a button on that.
I have no objection to Albuquerque Buzz. I have a good friend who is moving to just outside there late this year. Buying 15 acres on a hill side. For some it may be an ideal place. The OP seemed unlikely to be of that class. He asks for a comparison of two choices...you throw in a third which does not fit and I pour cold water on it. What is wrong with that?

And a two line paragraph is hardly fired up...

I have been to Albuquerque a half dozen times over 35 years. I could not begin to tell its airport from that of Boise or Cincinatti or Buffalo or Austin or...well you get the idea. I would raise the same objection to any airport not in the top ten or fifteen. If you get trapped in a non-hub airport you always have to fly somewhere else and change planes or you must catch one of the two afternoon flights going where you are. It is a pain. In a good airport city you can catch a plane to many destinations every hour or two all day long.

You can always bring up this place you obviously love. But anyone else can also point out that it is inappropriate for the specs.

Old 01-31-2008, 08:46 PM

87 posts, read 210,094 times
Basically guys, I'm just asking a question: for a 54 year old active male which city would you recommend, Phoenix or Las Vegas based on my original post? I'm not moving to ALBQ. so the focus of my question is really Phoenix or Las Vegas and all this other back and forth is like watching the debates on TV where folks just go off on a tangent. Let's just peel the onion back on those two cities I'm considering if you were in my shoes-that would be most helpful. Cheers.

Old 01-31-2008, 10:44 PM

253 posts, read 899,701 times
I am leaving Albuquerque for Las Vegas due to 2 things:

I am single, and is is EXTREMELY hard to meet other singles here and,

I travel so much for work, and getting MOST places requires so D!@# many layovers! Las Vegas is a major hub, and it is going to be so much easier...

Old 01-31-2008, 11:21 PM

87 posts, read 210,094 times
Mckenna,
Thanks for that, good reply.

Old 02-01-2008, 07:40 AM

Not to belabor this but I was just tosing out an idea. That's what I do. Probably left over from my TV production days. Toss out and idea and everbody looks it over, adds things or takes away, and if it doesn't work we drop it and move on...politely, and usually jokingly. Still can't figure out why I have to be attacked for a simple opinion. I can't force my ideas on anyone. If you don't agree then state your case in a nice way olecapt, instead of being nasty like your other buddy on here that you fight with constantly. You really need to realize you are not an expert on everything. Other people have experiences too. I appreciate and respect your expertise in real estate and other issues, but why do you get so upset when someone else has an opinion? It would be different if he were disagreeing with you, but this was none of your business. And by the way, I personally much prefer the ALB airport over the Phoenix airport, and you can get probably several direct flights a day from ALB to any of the cities mentioned. I've never had any trouble getting a flight I wanted out of there. Going east might be another problem and I usually fly Southwest for the points. Other ALs may be different. And, yes I know the OP isn't interested in ALB and I will drop the subject.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas