Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2015, 09:41 AM

151 posts, read 213,339 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoopLV View Post
How does that change anything?

You're still talking about tenants who not only don't have the means to buy a house, they don't have much stuff of their own. The landlord is on the hook for property damage, AND furnishing damage. By their very nature, furnished houses attract short-term tenants. That means you're turning the property over more frequently. And that means the chance of every new tenant being a Keith Moon wannabee.

I'd just burn the investment capital instead. Much easier that way.
Look, there's always the risk of a terrible tenant with every investment. I know that already. I have rented both furnished and unfurnished in other parts of the country and rent out to people long term in vegas right now. I am curious about whether or not these furnished places rent out in vegas. Is there any demand for a 6 month type furnished rental? I'm well aware I could get a terrible tenant.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2015, 09:45 AM

10,864 posts, read 16,986,499 times
If you're already dead set on doing this, why are you asking advice? Just google "furnished house/condo for rent" and see that there are plenty available.

Old 11-17-2015, 09:51 AM

Quote:
If you're already dead set on doing this, why are you asking advice? Just google "furnished house/condo for rent" and see that there are plenty available.
well I am not thinking about doing it .. I am just trying to evaluate some options, but how does googling furnished house/condo for rent help answer my question at all? Availability doesn't tell me anything about *demand* does it?

Old 11-17-2015, 10:19 AM

10,864 posts, read 16,986,499 times
There is SOME demand -- otherwise there wouldn't be such a huge supply. I think it's the wrong kind of demand -- the kind of demand that as an investor, I'm not at all interested in.

If you go this route, it will be you and the rest of the "rent MY furnished house instead of all the others, pretty please" investors. You'll be chasing a bad market. And chasing bad clients. There's really no upside to this idea as far as I can see. I wouldn't attempt this in a reasonable, decent city. I certainly wouldn't try it in Las Vegas. May as well invest in roulette futures or a meth lab. You'd be dealing with a more respectable clientele.

Old 11-17-2015, 04:03 PM

Quote:
There is SOME demand -- otherwise there wouldn't be such a huge supply. I think it's the wrong kind of demand -- the kind of demand that as an investor, I'm not at all interested in.

If you go this route, it will be you and the rest of the "rent MY furnished house instead of all the others, pretty please" investors. You'll be chasing a bad market. And chasing bad clients. There's really no upside to this idea as far as I can see. I wouldn't attempt this in a reasonable, decent city. I certainly wouldn't try it in Las Vegas. May as well invest in roulette futures or a meth lab. You'd be dealing with a more respectable clientele.
thanks. this is the kind of answer I was looking for

Old 11-17-2015, 04:12 PM

13,586 posts, read 13,108,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gaash2 View Post
well I am not thinking about doing it .. I am just trying to evaluate some options, but how does googling furnished house/condo for rent help answer my question at all? Availability doesn't tell me anything about *demand* does it?
We get the request from people who are moving here quite frequently. I'd say at least once a month.

Old 11-18-2015, 02:08 AM

2,719 posts, read 3,489,189 times
40% of people in Nevada are renting their place so I'm sure you would get your tenants, now if you're talking about decent tenants then maybe I'm the wrong person to answer that.

The unit above mine is investor owned, 3 out of 4 tenants that have moved in so far in that unit are garbage/trashy people. It does not matter how polite or how I try to be nice to these people, just plain trash.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas