Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2016, 04:36 PM

413 posts, read 1,583,176 times

Advertisements

Why is this in the Las Vegas forum anyway ?

Old 01-08-2016, 04:37 PM
EA

6,791 posts, read 7,072,939 times
They're poor because there's 5 million available jobs and 17 million people looking for jobs.
3 of the 5 million jobs pay less than 15 an hour.

Old 01-08-2016, 05:03 PM

302 posts, read 471,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BornintheSprings View Post
The poor are poor due to the excessive amount of children they have. These children are more likely to become criminals and be a detriment and drain to society. Sterilize those on government assistance and watch their lives improve by leaps and bounds.
Uh, no. Sorry. Some people are poor because they are disabled and living on a very small disability check. I raised two children, on my own, with NO help from anyone. They are now grown and on their own. Sometimes in life things happen to people through no fault of their own. I guess they should just die so they don't offend anyone with their attempts at obtaining simple things like food and shelter. And woe to those who must use a wheelchair or scooter in the store since they are in "regular" people's way. How dare they cause you any inconvenience! I guess they have no right to live, according to you.

Old 01-08-2016, 05:14 PM

413 posts, read 1,583,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadKittehs View Post
Uh, no. Sorry. Some people are poor because they are disabled and living on a very small disability check. I raised two children, on my own, with NO help from anyone. They are now grown and on their own. Sometimes in life things happen to people through no fault of their own. I guess they should just die so they don't offend anyone with their attempts at obtaining simple things like food and shelter. And woe to those who must use a wheelchair or scooter in the store since they are in "regular" people's way. How dare they cause you any inconvenience! I guess they have no right to live, according to you.
Agree, but when the "poor" at at the checkout counter are paying with SNAP cards and are on their $700.00 iPhone that uses a $100.00/month data plan and then get into their late model car it's then I have a real problem. I don't think anyone has a problem helping out when needed but it's the abuse that gets to people

Old 01-08-2016, 05:19 PM

4,944 posts, read 2,911,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadKittehs View Post
Being sterilized in no way effects anyone's quality of life in fact it would help those stuck in poverty so much they may no longer be in poverty. If they are still poor with no children well that is their own fault.

Old 01-08-2016, 05:40 PM

1,408 posts, read 3,303,486 times
I know the choices some of the lower economic people make seem ridiculous but we never really know the entire story. What I do know is that the typical single person using an EBT card gets about a $55 a month allowance in Nevada. If they are using it responsibly, that doesn't buy them too many groceries for the month.

Old 01-08-2016, 05:43 PM
EA

6,791 posts, read 7,072,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYtoVT View Post
Agree, but when the "poor" at at the checkout counter are paying with SNAP cards and are on their $700.00 iPhone that uses a $100.00/month data plan and then get into their late model car it's then I have a real problem. I don't think anyone has a problem helping out when needed but it's the abuse that gets to people

I got a free iphone from sprint and my bill was 39 a month, so....

Old 01-08-2016, 05:56 PM

775 posts, read 770,842 times
I have seen people buy food at places like Walmart with their card and then re-sell it at reduced prices outside for cash....and then the drug deal takes place.

Old 01-08-2016, 06:40 PM

700 posts, read 1,324,396 times
So much ignorance and perhaps jealousy. Example, wal-mart doesnt pay their workers a living wage so many are indeed on food stamps. They force suppliers to sell at way below market prices just so they can have a spot on the shelf at "America's Largest Retailer" passing on low prices to the consumer. Those workers then use the food stamps at Wal-mart. You can buy the same bag of cheetos at wal-mart as you can at 7-11. A person is not allowed to get into a late model (read: reliable) car lest they be judged, so why not save on gas and maintenance and just go to the corner store. It's 2015, I have traveled to some of ass crackiest places on earth and people have cell phones, and smart phones. Smart phones are no longer something only middle class people have. They are ubiquitous in 2015. Get over yourselves. The amount of taxes you pay to support a civilized society is pennies on the dollar. If you want a government that doesnt support it's poorest people in someway go live in Honduras.

Old 01-08-2016, 06:45 PM

5,314 posts, read 7,745,931 times
*ridiculous
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: