Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2016, 09:17 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,347,290 times

Advertisements

None of this has anything to do with airports except they are one of many sources and destinations for people.

Nothing with a guide way or structure is going to survive. Roads and roads and autonomous vehicles. Maybe multi level roads but there is no rationale at this time for any form of guided vehicle. We have established they can guide themselves just fine, particularly within a confined area.

It is pretty much self ordained that the googlemoble or some simile will entirely dominate the strip and its services and probably within less than 10 years. It is a cherry waiting to be plucked.

The thing of interest now should be how to facilitate the transition. We do not need to move any airports...but we do need to not screw up the transition. And things like the second level expressway to the airport should have in mind a virtually all autonomous vehicle fleet and how it will work.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2016, 12:48 PM

378 posts, read 332,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
None of this has anything to do with airports except they are one of many sources and destinations for people.

Nothing with a guide way or structure is going to survive. Roads and roads and autonomous vehicles. Maybe multi level roads but there is no rationale at this time for any form of guided vehicle. We have established they can guide themselves just fine, particularly within a confined area.

It is pretty much self ordained that the googlemoble or some simile will entirely dominate the strip and its services and probably within less than 10 years. It is a cherry waiting to be plucked.

The thing of interest now should be how to facilitate the transition. We do not need to move any airports...but we do need to not screw up the transition. And things like the second level expressway to the airport should have in mind a virtually all autonomous vehicle fleet and how it will work.
Please rewrite so that it makes sense.

Old 05-22-2016, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruff View Post
Please rewrite so that it makes sense.
Probably not possible given the alternative reality in which you appear to exist.

Old 05-22-2016, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
Probably not possible given the alternative reality in which you appear to exist.
Then rewrite so everyone else can understand.

Old 05-22-2016, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruff View Post
Then rewrite so everyone else can understand.
They do pretty much. It is not complicated.

Old 05-22-2016, 09:54 PM

473 posts, read 849,042 times
Quote:
Two things you won't see on site are a car rental facility and a parking garage.
What if I want to rent a car and go camping in Death Valley? Where do I rent my car? (Or truck I should say. The times I've gone to Death Valley I rented a truck which was wise.)

What if I have a lot of funds and want to simply drive to the airport and pay parking. No option?

What if I'm picking somebody up and want to go in the terminal and surprise them with flowers*. Where do I park?

*I would buy said flowers the same day so they're fresh, but would need to pick them up someplace en route to the airport. Can I program my automated car/shuttle to stop at a florist?

Old 05-23-2016, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesdenver View Post
What if I want to rent a car and go camping in Death Valley? Where do I rent my car? (Or truck I should say. The times I've gone to Death Valley I rented a truck which was wise.)
What if I have a lot of funds and want to simply drive to the airport and pay parking. No option?
What if I'm picking somebody up and want to go in the terminal and surprise them with flowers*. Where do I park?
I would buy said flowers the same day so they're fresh, but would need to pick them up someplace en route to the airport. Can I program my automated car/shuttle to stop at a florist?
Yes to all.
Car rental and parking are big money-makers. Each will be a short PRT ride away , like at London's Heathrow.
Pickup parking. One recent innovation that has eliminated the endless cruising of the pickup area is the cellphone lot.'
Yes, you will be able to program your automated shuttle to pick up your flowers -- and anything else. And you do not even have to be on board.

Old 05-23-2016, 12:45 PM

4 posts, read 2,662 times
Here's another vacation idea for you, Bruff:

https://www.facebook.com/airbornepeo...5215647030843/

:P

Old 05-23-2016, 02:48 PM

15,842 posts, read 14,476,031 times
^
Hehe. Done that, although NOT with the 747.

Old 07-07-2016, 02:05 PM

645 posts, read 707,014 times
found this for airport planes viewing Airport Runways Viewing | Vegas4Locals.com

any other spots that's better?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas