Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2016, 03:51 PM

621 posts, read 538,440 times

Advertisements

Haven't heard much buzz on here about the new flagship Topgolf location next to MGM Grand. Has anyone checked it out yet? It looks pretty awesome in the video below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8PzzS3Mtnw
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2016, 03:55 PM
EA

6,791 posts, read 7,117,601 times
I hand carried 40 sheets of densglass down into that pool.

Old 05-23-2016, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EA View Post
I hand carried 40 sheets of densglass down into that pool.
That sounds like a lot of work. Ha ha. Is this a place that you would ever go to?

Old 05-23-2016, 07:27 PM

625 posts, read 797,227 times
I dont even golf and would love to go there. Now to find a hook up

Old 05-23-2016, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bps401 View Post
I dont even golf and would love to go there. Now to find a hook up
I don't golf either, but it looks like a cool place to play some video poker, bet on/watch a game, and get a drink/food.

Old 05-23-2016, 08:25 PM
EA

6,791 posts, read 7,117,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpypotpie View Post
That sounds like a lot of work. Ha ha. Is this a place that you would ever go to?

It's about 30 an hour to play. Not bad if you go in a group, but I don't like people.
I wouldn't mind trying to hit one of the targets a few times, but other than that I have no interest in it.

Also, I was a lot of work. I was low man on the totem pole so the laborer and I carried in most of the drywall and densglass for the whole building. We couldn't land anything because the concrete was finished. Hand to move each piece by hand. Not complaining because I got paid by the hour, but it was a lot of work. I left the site before the finish guys showed up so that video was the first I have seen it. Turned out pretty good.

I built every single j ig frame for the soffits that wrap all the way around it. I know no one cares, but I think it's neat that something I did is being enjoyed by people.

Old 05-24-2016, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EA View Post
It's about 30 an hour to play. Not bad if you go in a group, but I don't like people.
I wouldn't mind trying to hit one of the targets a few times, but other than that I have no interest in it.

Also, I was a lot of work. I was low man on the totem pole so the laborer and I carried in most of the drywall and densglass for the whole building. We couldn't land anything because the concrete was finished. Hand to move each piece by hand. Not complaining because I got paid by the hour, but it was a lot of work. I left the site before the finish guys showed up so that video was the first I have seen it. Turned out pretty good.

I built every single j ig frame for the soffits that wrap all the way around it. I know no one cares, but I think it's neat that something I did is being enjoyed by people.
That's one of the coolest things about construction work. My ex has a friend who does construction out there and he helped build Aria. Now imagine if you were an architect....

Old 05-24-2016, 10:41 AM

6,752 posts, read 3,368,819 times
I have friends that have gone to the one in Austin and they said it was fun. There is one in my area but I have never been to it. The ones around here have different pricing structures and offer memberships, but it's not exactly cheap. I might try it some time but I doubt it would be a regular thing.

Last edited by Camaro5; 05-24-2016 at 11:09 AM..

Old 05-24-2016, 10:54 AM

9,480 posts, read 12,294,079 times
My company had a work outing at one last year. Meh.

Old 08-29-2016, 06:39 PM

I checked this place out today. My first impression is that it's huge. The video screens are ridiculously large in the main area on the 2nd floor. The beer is a bit overpriced, but maybe not my by Vegas standards. An 11.5 oz domestic aluminum bottle was $7 and draught beer was $8. I didn't try any of the food, so I can't comment on that. The staff seemed very friendly. When I move here I will probably pop out at night some time, as I bet the strip view is pretty awesome.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: