Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2016, 07:28 AM

84 posts, read 92,663 times

Advertisements

Looking at buying a house in this area, seems like a lot of
Vacant land. Anyone know about this area and how much
Potential growth is planned for this area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2016, 09:20 AM

2,880 posts, read 2,804,494 times
East and North East of the M there's lots of built up areas and new construction.... less and less vacant land

Costco is also being built there (close to St Rose and Maryland)

Old 07-13-2016, 10:33 AM

6,746 posts, read 3,361,971 times
We are looking at Inspirada, the K&B development right around there. It seems pretty far out there but maybe in a few years it won't seem that way.

I'm also not sure about the quality of K&B homes. I was in the electrical trade (many years ago) and did a lot of K&B homes when they were in Illinois. They were not the highest quality back then, and I don't know if things have changed.

We also need to check the lot sizes. I don't expect them to be very big, but a postage stamp back yard would be a deal breaker.

Old 08-04-2016, 09:22 PM

263 posts, read 437,778 times
Understand that the M Resort is actually within the city of Henderson, but the other side of St Rose & further W/S beyond the M Resort should be unincorporated Clark County & known as the Sloan area.

Some of the open land in the general vicinity of the M Resort that looks like it was never developed did have some sort of development at one time -- I've poked around, & found many large old foundations & concrete slabs, like there used to be some factories or something there. I'd love to know what it was. Anyway, keep that in mind, as some of the land that looks undeveloped may have some contamination due to prior industrial or agricultural use.

Old 08-04-2016, 11:02 PM

1,110 posts, read 1,907,759 times
The Inspirada area is growing rapidly. We were on the edge of the desert in 2010, now surrounded by houses. Pretty much the whole area is slated for development.

Old 08-04-2016, 11:19 PM

8,869 posts, read 16,311,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro5 View Post
We are looking at Inspirada, the K&B development right around there. It seems pretty far out there but maybe in a few years it won't seem that way.

I'm also not sure about the quality of K&B homes. I was in the electrical trade (many years ago) and did a lot of K&B homes when they were in Illinois. They were not the highest quality back then, and I don't know if things have changed.

We also need to check the lot sizes. I don't expect them to be very big, but a postage stamp back yard would be a deal breaker.
I live in Southern Arizona and KB Homes don't have a good reputation here. When the development I live in was starting construction 15 years ago, KB wanted in on the action that was largely Pulte. So the developers gave them a couple of streets that have their own entrance and while they share a name with the other homes, the streets aren't connected and the houses don't look the same.

They especially don't look the same now. The ones built by Pulte don't look any different than they did 10 years ago, except for the more mature landscaping. The KB homes look older. The owners have a lot more problems with them, too. Things might be different now (or different in Nevada) but proceed with caution.

Last edited by Jukesgrrl; 08-04-2016 at 11:20 PM.. Reason: spelling

Old 08-05-2016, 12:09 AM

15,250 posts, read 12,947,351 times
KB Homes are cheaply built. Always have been. I worked for them in the 80s. I knew Bruce Karatz, he of the stock option backdating scandal.

Coincidentally, we were looking for a home ourselves when I worked there, so I had a chance to compare the KB product with other builders. Avoid.

Old 08-05-2016, 12:45 AM

15,827 posts, read 14,463,105 times
If the OP is still watching this, I look a bit northeast along and to the south of the I-215, into more established areas like Seven Hills, Green Valley Ranch, McDonald Highlands, etc.

Old 08-05-2016, 06:46 AM

84 posts, read 92,663 times
I did buy a KB home off of LV Blvd just north of the M. In another forum I found out that the homes in this area were built quickly therefore probably weren't built correctly. To say that I love this house would be an understatement and will be looking to move within 5 yrs. At least it's better than living in an apartment and hopefully will get some equity in 5 yrs.

Old 08-05-2016, 09:57 AM

6,746 posts, read 3,361,971 times
We've looked at Mountain's Edge and it seemed like every builder in Nevada had a section of it, K&B included. While I wouldn't buy a K&B home, it seems like a nice community, just a little too remote for us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: