Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2016, 01:53 PM

62 posts, read 51,736 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingpinLasVegas View Post
Absolutely spot on advise! Do a great job, don't get involved in the petty crap around you and you'll do great. The managers know exactly who the complainers are and who's staying above it and providing excellent service.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mojavedxer View Post
Just put in your best effort and hope for the best. If you dont pass probation, then did you really want to work there anyways. Unfortunately some cocktail servers are the biggest drama queens in the industry. We have audio recording in the main service stations at the property I work at due to the nonsense they cause.
Thank you for your time. I appreciate you both. I learned that you at absolutely right , the managers do know who the shady ones are. Thanks again you all have set my mind at ease
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2016, 01:56 PM

62 posts, read 51,736 times
Quote:
Just put in your best effort and hope for the best. If you dont pass probation, then did you really want to work there anyways. Unfortunately some cocktail servers are the biggest drama queens in the industry. We have audio recording in the main service stations at the property I work at due to the nonsense they cause.
That's really sad. Work is already hard enough. I'll never understand why some people make work harder by causing problems. I understand it's prob due to insecurity but think they'd understand that if they're unlikeable, they're just making things worse for themselves .

Old 08-09-2016, 05:32 PM

250 posts, read 227,752 times
Quote:
That's hilarious!

Old 08-09-2016, 07:36 PM

250 posts, read 227,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airseabattle View Post
That's really sad. Work is already hard enough. I'll never understand why some people make work harder by causing problems. I understand it's prob due to insecurity but think they'd understand that if they're unlikeable, they're just making things worse for themselves .
Sorry if I guffawed. It wasn't meant at your expense.

The green monster is alive and well. If you stay in this business for a while, and find yourself with a great section ($) and/or a great shift, you might see the newbies as competition. Or..not.

It's a competitive environment, and we all know that brings out the best in people.

I applaud your work ethic. Before I quit working in that industry is had the same complaints/ concerns. Having gone from service to construction to beverage to dealing, to construction, to corporate and back to construction, I think there is politicking everywhere , and that's exactly what your seeing; albeit it may be low brow, immature, catty, petty, etc. (You think those broad's are bad, go work in an office)

Having said all that, not all beverage managers are ,...well managers. A lot of them are ..,let's just say I have seen a few create the situations and work environments that you are illustrating.

Old 08-09-2016, 11:17 PM

1,078 posts, read 1,149,057 times
Yep I did
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas