Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2016, 03:47 PM

52 posts, read 203,778 times

Advertisements

the short of the story is my husband got a $200 ticket for stopping on a side street off of the strip to let some of our friends out of the car

has anyone used anyone of these type services ? Is it even worth it or should we just pay the 200?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2016, 08:06 AM

1,078 posts, read 1,152,875 times
they will probably offer no points and reduce it down to a parking violation if he takes an online class. In which case it's probably worth just taken the class and paying the 200 from my experience dealing with the traffic laws here. It's simply not worth risking losing in court and taking the points

Old 10-20-2016, 03:06 PM

12,908 posts, read 27,991,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twoeeyy View Post
the short of the story is my husband got a $200 ticket for stopping on a side street off of the strip to let some of our friends out of the car

has anyone used anyone of these type services ? Is it even worth it or should we just pay the 200?
go online to las vegas municipal court, put in name and birthdate.. the violation comes up and will give you options... most likely this is a 0 point violation and no class is required

if you go to court to fight, they will negotiate it down there also...

Old 10-20-2016, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robojester View Post
they will probably offer no points and reduce it down to a parking violation if he takes an online class. In which case it's probably worth just taken the class and paying the 200 from my experience dealing with the traffic laws here. It's simply not worth risking losing in court and taking the points
have you been to the court to fight a ticket?

Old 10-20-2016, 09:10 PM
EA

6,791 posts, read 7,116,365 times
I thought that only applied to lyft/uber/cabs/limos?

Old 10-21-2016, 07:47 AM

Nope lawyer tole me it would cost me 3 times the fine even if I won so I bent over ...

Really hated to but I could see no upside unless my job was on the line or something.

Old 10-22-2016, 08:27 AM

Unless it's a major ticket you can go to court on your own..

Old 10-22-2016, 01:58 PM

250 posts, read 229,337 times
Op, is this a moving violation,or a parking ticket?

Old 10-23-2016, 09:34 AM

doesn't matter that privilege always suffer you to reduce it to a parking ticket if you just pay a fine and go away.

And yes you can represent yourself in court with you still have to pay those pesky fees to the clerk win or lose from what I was told

Old 10-28-2016, 10:42 AM

4 posts, read 4,148 times
Fight it in court.. stand on your own square. You didn't break the law, you violated their "court if equity" code which us a 'statute' NOT a law. It's only given the force of law because people are lazy and mentally lethargic to overstand that the definition of 'law' is very different from the definitions of Statute/ACT/Code/Ordinance /rule. If they all had the same meaning then they would all be the same word and the same definition would that not?

In order to break the law you have to have done one of 3 things and or any combination of;
- Cause harm or injury to an person: harm means there is blood on the ground, injury is monetary.
- Cause damage to someone's property: did you break or destroy any property public or private?
- The use of fraud or mischief in a contract whether verbal or written.

These are the ONLY three laws left over from the Magna Carta (1213 A.D.) which strengthen common or natural law.

I don't care what any lawyer says, officer, or "person" in an black dress tells you otherwise. I'll stake my life on the fact its a lie. They are bound to the state to work in their personal capacities until you come alert them as a (wo)man countering the thought.

I realize this thread is old, but the views are current and the information is needed. If you don't know your rights, you don't have any and that is what every court will do to you.

Go ahead.. Google "all crimes are commercial" and start going through all the things that pop up. Your rights come from your creator, whomever that may be to you. If the City, county, or State are taking it away from you that's not a right, that's that's a privilege. You can't give your rights away unless you sign a Miranda rights waiver form and I don't know why anyone would don't that.

All lawyers, have a duty to the STATE, then the BAR, and then the court, even under your retainer. The root word of Attorney - Online Etymology Dictionary

The lies only begin when you don't know what you don't know...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: