Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2018, 08:01 AM

13,044 posts, read 13,828,187 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LVguy View Post
Hmm sounds like it will be hard to remove the anode later, maybe I will add the tape myself when I get around it.
If it were me, I'd do it.

Quote:
Well they came with the 50 gallon bradford white, I think it's just an average brand?
I'm sure it will work just fine for the two of you.

Quote:
So with the pump on it's like leaving a 30 watt bulb on, how about extra gas and water wasted etc? not too much every month?
that's tough to say for sure, but I think it is minimal.

Quote:
But those blanket seems to be cheap just 20 bucks.
Go for it. It can't hurt.

Quote:

So the warranty is 6 years, and they usually last around 10 year I think. so with good maintenance how long will it last?
With good maintenance, including draining 5 gallons every month or two and replacing the sacrificial anode rod when needed (check at 5 years and then every year thereafter), your new water heater will last a very, very long time.

When it is time to sell this house, the future buyer may say the water heater will then be on its last legs as a negotiating tactic. Tell them, "Nope. I follow proper maintenance as outlined in waterheaterrescue.com."
The tank will last for decades. Tell em SportyandMisty says so.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2018, 08:11 AM

13,044 posts, read 13,828,187 times
Oh - did the plumber install an earthquake strap on the new water heater? As near as I can tell, the earthquake strap and flexible water supply lines are the main things a city building inspector and a future home inspector will look for, along with proper venting.

Old 02-23-2018, 09:47 AM

645 posts, read 704,035 times
Yup the plumber did install the straps, 2 of them. Flexible water supply lines....I see the copper pipe from the wall 1", then the lines plumber supplied it bents then goes into 3/4" inlet to the tank. It's all flexible so I guess it is. venting it's the same old 4' from the old 75 gallon (so great I am all set, don't need to rush around and call around later when I sell the house, to find out how to pass or how to get the permit!!)

50 gallon is just enough for my jetted tub, tried it last night, I actually never used it in 3 years. But it was just barely enough, I think he set the temp dial between warm and hot, I will set it a click under hot that should do the trick. Also I cleaned up the tub really good before going in, but the jetted tub flushed out 3 years of dirt/crap, was wondering why I was so itching in the tub. Afterwards the tub got dirt and crap ALL over yuck.

Thanks for answering each and every one of my question, went from knowing nothing to feeling pretty good now. Awesome that the WH will last decades with good maintenance, that's another $1150 if I didn't find this thread. I read yearly flush or semi yearly is enough, but monthly the tank can be in top shape all the time I guess.

Last edited by LVguy; 02-23-2018 at 10:06 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: