Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-03-2009, 10:45 AM

33 posts, read 98,074 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomMom View Post
I think it depends upon what you're looking for. Homes in the low price ranges and smaller homes...they are plentiful and in varying state of "condition". These types of homes are good for renting out.

Homes that are in really good shape, have larger square footage, 3, 4 or 5 bedroom for families to purchase and LIVE IN, in the best of areas, those are the ones that I saw bidding wars on when I was doing temp work at the realty office..
That was my recent experience when looking at homes. The ones in nice condition with enough size were very popular.

Glad I'm done.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2009, 11:20 AM

3,728 posts, read 9,457,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDinNV View Post
That was my recent experience when looking at homes. The ones in nice condition with enough size were very popular.

Glad I'm done.
Congratulations and best of luck in your new home JD...

Old 06-03-2009, 01:44 PM

1,347 posts, read 2,444,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by airics View Post
i'm sure soprano or rpachio will deny this article...
Quite the contrary. I don't want to feel like the odd man out so I'm going to write a check for the difference between the list price and what I paid for my place, and mail it to my realtor. What the heck was I thinking when I offered less than list?

Old 06-03-2009, 02:05 PM

33 posts, read 98,074 times
Quote:
Congratulations and best of luck in your new home JD...
Thank you much!!

Old 06-03-2009, 02:07 PM

27 posts, read 80,093 times
Quote:
I think it depends upon what you're looking for. Homes in the low price ranges and smaller homes...they are plentiful and in varying state of "condition". These types of homes are good for renting out.

Homes that are in really good shape, have larger square footage, 3, 4 or 5 bedroom for families to purchase and LIVE IN, in the best of areas, those are the ones that I saw bidding wars on when I was doing temp work at the realty office..
So would you say the majority of sales in Vegas are to residents or non residents??

Last edited by BellevueWa; 06-03-2009 at 03:07 PM..

Old 06-03-2009, 02:49 PM

255 posts, read 556,070 times
The bloodbath continues. There is some tempest in a teapot situation but it seems many faux millionaire investor types can't consummate their relationship with the banks. Then the banks come running for cash fast even if it's under listing price and then said property gets sold. Lots of funny business going on out there overall. Market spills with properties one day and then some activity and then another dump - this has been ongoing for months endlessly. Quite the real estate history going on at this very moment. As far as reaching 2004 prices again, I would anticipate that happening 2nd quarter of 2104 - how's that for accuracy?

Old 06-03-2009, 03:16 PM

3,728 posts, read 9,457,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BellevueWa View Post
So would you say the majority of sales in Vegas are to residents or non residents??
I have no clue, I'm not a realtor, only worked in a realty office as a tempo for a few weeks. Big Prudential building on W. Sahara..real busy office and dozens of agents!

While I saw some nickel and dime speculators (always from out of state and wanting cheap, cheap, cheap) buying up 2-3 homes at a time (the real small ones, usually under $100,000, in the not the best/desirable areas) for renting out purposes, most of what I was dealing with (paperwork-wise) was for people buying a home to live in permanently, moving here from out of state (majority of them) or people that had been here already and were now buying their first home here.

Last edited by MomMom; 06-03-2009 at 03:46 PM..

Old 06-03-2009, 11:38 PM

2,086 posts, read 6,836,675 times
Quote:
I have no clue, I'm not a realtor, only worked in a realty office as a tempo for a few weeks. Big Prudential building on W. Sahara..real busy office and dozens of agents!
I work with an agent out of that office. Everytime I call or go over there it's very busy.

Old 06-04-2009, 12:05 AM

9,848 posts, read 8,268,003 times
I put in an offer 14k over list Friday on a lower priced home that was listed obviously low to begin with.
I'll see how it goes, but this is the third time I've tried and these have been ALL CASH offers.

The first time I wasn't familiar with what was happening in the market.

I think to figure out what is the real price you simply have to research recent sales in the area you want to buy in. If your bid is way under other recent sales, then don't expect that you offered the winning bid.

Maybe there will be a few major bargains that hit if tons of RE hit the market all at once, but no one has seen anything like that in the last few months. Some suggest it's coming and others say that it isn't going to come. I won't be waiting for the bird in the bush.

I've been looking seriously and bidding since early April. I am not waiting for miracles and will just check the local comps and bid on what I like.
I plan to be persistent and continue on if the current offer doesn't win.

I feel bad about those having hard times in Vegas and where I live in California the same hard times are happening.
My intent is NOT to buy to rent or to turn back over for a profit. I want to get a vacation home that I and my family will be at often. I also am at an older age have an 8 month baby boy and I think it would be a nice thing to eventually pass down to him after his mother and I am in RE heaven... :-)
I love Vegas. I think it is a great place to live or to visit.
I hope things turn around for everyone there sooner rather than later.

Old 06-04-2009, 12:08 AM

9,848 posts, read 8,268,003 times
The agents may be very busy, but the foreclosed homes are kind of sucky for them because they have a home at as low as 25% of a 2005 price with only a 3% commission to split.

I love my Realtor, she's the nicest person and I think I will gift her more than her commission offers in the end outside of escrow.

Kind of sucky for them on some level.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas