Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-29-2011, 06:23 PM

285 posts, read 785,300 times

Advertisements

I guess this explains why my Zillow value recently went down; on speculation that more foreclosures will drive more foreclosures? Mighty bold of them. I thought Zillow was a comp-based outfit. These clowns are having less and less credibilty as time goes by. And don't get me started on the liberal/green pin-heads at UNLV. I remember going to some award ceremony there in 2008 where these (Dr.'s of Real Estate?) were giving each-other awards, of course not mentioning that they totally blew calling the bubble that had recently burst.

Do we really have to read the article about Cage and Zero again?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2011, 02:36 AM

9,848 posts, read 8,281,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dano View Post
I guess this explains why my Zillow value recently went down; on speculation that more foreclosures will drive more foreclosures? Mighty bold of them. I thought Zillow was a comp-based outfit. These clowns are having less and less credibilty as time goes by. And don't get me started on the liberal/green pin-heads at UNLV. I remember going to some award ceremony there in 2008 where these (Dr.'s of Real Estate?) were giving each-other awards, of course not mentioning that they totally blew calling the bubble that had recently burst.

Do we really have to read the article about Cage and Zero again?
Zillow has always estimated way high.
Cyberhomes seems pretty close to spot on.

Old 07-02-2011, 10:22 AM

13,044 posts, read 13,867,365 times
I wonder if some Facebook IPO money will find its way to real estate in Las Vegas...

Tech Rebound Gives Silicon Valley Housing Market a Lift - WSJ.com

Old 07-02-2011, 09:01 PM

2,724 posts, read 4,764,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SportyandMisty View Post
I wonder if some Facebook IPO money will find its way to real estate in Las Vegas...

Tech Rebound Gives Silicon Valley Housing Market a Lift - WSJ.com
Those guys are more into Kauai and Sedona.

Old 07-03-2011, 01:27 AM

1,374 posts, read 2,435,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eventusstultorummagister View Post
Those guys are more into Kauai and Sedona.
exactly, there needs to be a reason for those guys to throw money our way. So far I haven't seen any reason.

Old 07-03-2011, 03:13 PM

2,879 posts, read 7,779,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LV2ndHome View Post
Depends on your point of view. Yes it is scary if you are an owner already getting your butt kicked and struggling to hang on. But if you are someone living in a rental, relocating soon to LV, or an investor, and are looking to buy in the near future, the thought of not having hit bottom yet is positive.

There is an old saying in golf: Every shot makes somebody happy!
Exactly, and what's bad for one farmer is quite possibly great for another.
I keep hearing people say "don't buy, it's dead money"--well, it may seem dead to them, because they bought at the peak--their investments are dead. But when you can go in and buy the house next door to them for 20 cents on the Dollar--hey...that's a real investment. You could rent it to the people next door for less than half of their mortgage payment and still get a 12% return.

For many years, someone could come to LV, get a job and a decent place to live and start moving up in the World...it was a great thing. That is what needs to come back for this decline to really end. Meanwhile, good for the Canadians and Chinese that are willing to see that there is a lot more value than there is in their own countries.

Old 07-04-2011, 03:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by khuntrevor View Post
Meanwhile, good for the Canadians and Chinese
you left out Aussies

Old 07-04-2011, 09:00 AM

968 posts, read 2,062,532 times
I wonder what the percent of investors are foreigners?

Old 07-04-2011, 10:09 AM

15,756 posts, read 38,204,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swigchow View Post
I wonder what the percent of investors are foreigners?
Less than 10% of the buyers are foreign. Of 65,000 houses which has been trustee saled over 61,000 owners have an 89x zip code or a major US state address.

Old 07-04-2011, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
Less than 10% of the buyers are foreign. Of 65,000 houses which has been trustee saled over 61,000 owners have an 89x zip code or a major US state address.
That's because they are using LLC's, you do know that, right?

Income taxes for foreign individuals or foreign corporations is 30%, U.S. corps pay lower taxes (if any).

Also, special tax rules exclude foreigners from capital gains taxes.

They STRUCTURE to minimize tax impact and can legitimately AVOID all U.S. estate taxes.

The average American has absolutely no idea how badly he is being screwed, he's either too distracted by his IPAD or far too busy struggling to make the nut each month to notice what's happening...

Last edited by eventusstultorummagister; 07-04-2011 at 08:19 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas