Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-29-2012, 04:09 PM

10,864 posts, read 16,990,912 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Californiapch View Post
It could be RV antifreeze.

I don't think they are using Peak or Prestone car / vehicle antifreeze.

It also could be SALT WATER. Which would be perfectly fine as an antifreeze in Las Vegas, seeing as it never gets cold enough for salt water to freeze here.

Could be propylene glycol, which isn't toxic.

Could VERY WELL be Prestone. I don't trust these people any farther than I could drop-kick them. Some dip-s*** might have read that's it's good to put antifreeze in the drains when leaving for the winter and drove straight to Pep Boys. Wouldn't surprise me in the least.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2012, 09:16 PM

12,973 posts, read 15,798,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoopLV View Post
Yeah, I'd shoot an email to the Nevada DEP.

Nevada Division of Environmental Protection
No rational securing operation is going to use anything but environmentally safe agents. This is standard and not unusual.

You sure you know what really goes on Scoop?

Old 05-06-2012, 05:31 AM

2,724 posts, read 4,763,331 times
Here's a cool link to a "foreclosure rate heat map":

Las Vegas Foreclosure Statistics | Occupy Las Vegas @ OccupyLV.org

Old 05-06-2012, 05:46 AM

The banks are not pressing the gas pedal on the better, newer inventory so that they can bid on it when the rules are announced for bundled sales. Why would they put all of the effort into selling these houses to individuals when they can outflank them in bulk from Freddie/Fannie? Do not kid yourselves that the crisis is getting better. They are merely further gaming the system to benefit themselves. After all, that is capitalism…correct?

Old 05-08-2012, 09:41 AM

10,494 posts, read 27,241,410 times
As I always keep an eye on real estate, I have noticed that in Phoenix home prices have been steadily going up for the last 3-4 months, but over here they still have been declining. It looks like that "might" change. We might just have bottomed. Some good news for once for the people who own homes...

Home prices, sales slightly up in Las Vegas - www.ktnv.com

Old 05-08-2012, 10:02 AM

69 posts, read 96,739 times
Hola LVD,

Methinks not (for Vegas and land-locked 'middle-tier' cities in U.S.).

But what do I know; I only save 85% of my gross income for retirement and plan to live in Portugal (all drugs legal) 1/2 time and 1/2 time on the Ocean on the cheap in Mexico in 5 years when I hit 50 years old.

Never pay more than $500 for rent and have moved 8 times in the last 5 years (single guy and like to travel).

My undergraduate degree in statistics/economics though is long forgotten; I just ride the trend.

LVD; buy a NEW air conditioner and then when you move and IF the next place has a more efficient AC then sell your AC unit at a loss. This will SAVE you money probably @the 9 month mark, eh?

Stay lubricated!!

peace

Hedvig/Steve

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/attach...postid=3519806

The Crashing US Housing Metro Areas | ZeroHedge

Guest Post: The Fraud & Theft Will Continue Until Morale Improves | ZeroHedge

Mish's Global Economic Trend Analysis: New American Dream is Renting; Reflections on Renting Houses, Cars, Books, Clothes; Will Rentership Fuel the Next Boom? What About Home Prices?)

Last edited by Degenerate Gambler43; 05-08-2012 at 10:14 AM.. Reason: Awful punctuation and grammar errrors throughout my post...

Old 05-08-2012, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
As I always keep an eye on real estate, I have noticed that in Phoenix home prices have been steadily going up for the last 3-4 months, but over here they still have been declining.
Remember the gentleman who came in and flipped the condo in Summerlin in a matter of months then moved on to Phoenix? The guy was brilliant... always a step ahead of the game!

With minimum capital he ended up with a cash-flowing rental and a home for @$56K (I believe). He wisely discerned that gas prices would soar so he bought properties in the heart of the city vice the lure of newer/lower priced properties on the outskirts of the sprawl.

He has yet to make a bad move...

"Yo Ho (A Pirate's Life for Me)"

Old 05-10-2012, 12:07 AM

Email received today from local Las Vegas realtor:

"You are going to miss the boat if you wait too long to buy a house. Housing prices are starting to go up!"

Old 05-10-2012, 09:49 AM

7,112 posts, read 13,156,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eventusstultorummagister View Post
Email received today from local Las Vegas realtor:

"You are going to miss the boat if you wait too long to buy a house. Housing prices are starting to go up!"
I used to get those emails around this time last year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas