Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-03-2013, 02:25 PM

42 posts, read 88,338 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin_nlv View Post
No wonder our country is going down hill and poverty is on the rise. Instead of building new companies, new industries, creating better jobs, creating better educational system in Las Vegas all this money is going into flipping homes or being a Slumlord.
Rules of the game won't change until Americans go on the streets.
One day it will happen.
Hey Kevin_nlv
Why don't you stop whining and do something about it. Why don't you go out and developed businesses, create jobs, blah blah blah. Stop complaining and go get some!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2013, 02:38 PM

2,928 posts, read 3,552,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FWPeter View Post
Hey Kevin_nlv
Why don't you stop whining and do something about it. Why don't you go out and developed businesses, create jobs, blah blah blah. Stop complaining and go get some!
Because it's easy for idiots like him to complain but offer no real solutions.

Old 07-03-2013, 03:34 PM

12,908 posts, read 27,995,060 times
my guess is that he lost his home to foreclosure... if you bought at the high time, put 20% down etc.... with the way prices are increasing, you should no longer be underwater....

Old 07-03-2013, 04:09 PM

3,598 posts, read 4,949,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by airics View Post
my guess is that he lost his home to foreclosure... if you bought at the high time, put 20% down etc.... with the way prices are increasing, you should no longer be underwater....
I'm actually surprised we don't see MORE bitter people on here complaining about Las Vegas real estate. Think about it: many bought near the peak, lost all their equity to forclosure or short sale, and are now watching those who snatched up their homes reaping the benefits of the recent appreciation. It's got to make one feel like a loser in life to have such bad luck like that. I could easily see thousands coming here to vent after a huge lifestyle setback like that... kicking themselves for not staying put.

Old 07-03-2013, 06:06 PM

92 posts, read 114,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by airics View Post
Ok, my turn to play the guess game.
I guess I'm more financially stable then any of you posters here. I'm actually 99% sure about that.
I guess most of you are DEBT SLAVES.
I wonder how many of you used FHA financing cause you didn't even had enoug money for a 20% down payment.
I bet many of you couldn't even afford to buy a house today.
I guess majority of you can't even afford to run air conditioning and you need to use all kind of gimmicks to survive during the summer.

I can go forever like this.

Old 07-03-2013, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by logline View Post
I'm actually surprised we don't see MORE bitter people on here complaining about Las Vegas real estate. Think about it: many bought near the peak, lost all their equity to forclosure or short sale, and are now watching those who snatched up their homes reaping the benefits of the recent appreciation. It's got to make one feel like a loser in life to have such bad luck like that. I could easily see thousands coming here to vent after a huge lifestyle setback like that... kicking themselves for not staying put.
What kind of a person you have to be in order to post something like this???
You couldn't go lower then this friend.
Shame, shame on you.

How low can you go to call people who were laid off, who lost their jobs, who lost their homes, Losers?????
Just look what you wrote there. What kind of a person would write something like that?
Unbelievable!!!!

Old 07-03-2013, 06:15 PM

20 posts, read 84,972 times
Quote:
I guess I'm more financially stable then any of you posters here. I'm actually 99% sure about that.
I wonder how many of you used FHA financing cause you didn't even had enoug money for a 20% down payment.
I guess majority of you can't even afford to run air conditioning and you need to use all kind of gimmicks to survive during the summer.

"I guess I'm more financially stable then any of you posters here. I'm actually 99% sure about that."
LOL, I would guess you would be 99% wrong.
Plus, who would choose to live in NLV, just saying.

Also there are people like me who wouldn't post a new thread on CD about When is the best time to buy a house because of mortgage rates are going up and may shoot up to 20%, why because we pay CA$H.
When is the best time to buy a house.?

Last edited by CiDatak; 07-03-2013 at 06:23 PM..

Old 07-03-2013, 06:44 PM

3,598 posts, read 4,949,242 times
Quote:
What kind of a person you have to be in order to post something like this???
You couldn't go lower then this friend.
Shame, shame on you.

How low can you go to call people who were laid off, who lost their jobs, who lost their homes, Losers?????
Just look what you wrote there. What kind of a person would write something like that?
Unbelievable!!!!
Wow, looks like I hit a raw nerve there.

If you're telling me all those people who defaulted on their mortgages did so because they all lost their jobs, you're more gullible than I thought. Even at the worst of times, 85+% of Las Vegans who wanted a job, had a job.

Face it, they made a huge mistake in either buying too much house or defaulting at the worst possible time. Not all are poor souls, so spare us the bleeding heart. Many are just bad money managers.

Ever heard of "strategic default"? Jingle mail... jingle mail... jingle all the way....

Old 07-03-2013, 07:02 PM

743 posts, read 968,579 times
Quote:

Wow, they're out in force today.

Old 07-03-2013, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by logline View Post
Wow, looks like I hit a raw nerve there.

If you're telling me all those people who defaulted on their mortgages did so because they all lost their jobs, you're more gullible than I thought. Even at the worst of times, 85+% of Las Vegans who wanted a job, had a job.

Face it, they made a huge mistake in either buying too much house or defaulting at the worst possible time. Not all are poor souls, so spare us the bleeding heart. Many are just bad money managers.

Ever heard of "strategic default"? Jingle mail... jingle mail... jingle all the way....
It's too late for you to spin it now.
Let me just touch base in regards to reaping the benefits of the recent price appreciation.
You do not lock into property gains until you sell, you know that right. So unless you plan on buying and selling on a routine basis, the fast rise is really nothing to scream home about especially when underlying fundamentals are so out of sync with a normal market.

Today, with no real wage growth, low rates are being used as the catalyst to boost home prices. As we saw with rates only going from 3.5 to 4.5 in the last month, the market went nutty just on this little change. Even 4.5 percent is a ridiculous rate thanks to the Fed’s aggressive policies. We’ve papered over a weak decade of wage growth with financial gimmicks. The history of mortgages rates demonstrates that yes, incomes absolutely matter.

Of course, higher rates this time will pop this bubble because many of the large investors are focusing on real estate for flips/rentals because the market is providing negative rates courtesy of the Fed. So people are chasing yields like cats after mice wherever they can but the market is now overbought and people are trying to get their hands on whatever chair remains as the music speeds up.

People are like sheeps lining up for round two of the Las Vegas housing bubble.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas