Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-12-2015, 08:05 AM

3,663 posts, read 5,671,421 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvoc View Post
Last 30 day sales prices are up a couple of percent. Unhealthily high in my view though calculated from average prices which are subject to big sale noise....ie a single 4 million sale can pop up the average.
Some of the properties in my neighborhood seemed rather low. It's the short sales of course. Are they utilizing the strategy of list it under market to generate interest?

Rate of sales is flat. Inventory holding at 3 months which is a strong sellers market.

Quote:
Things are chugging upward...no question. May adjust if the present big up is in fact noise...but no way there is any price drop.

Just listed one of the ten best back yards in Las Vegas. Complete with hurricane palms and a mountain view. Still 75 grand below 2004.
Ooooo, I'd like to see that. Is this something you can post?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2015, 11:30 AM

19 posts, read 28,219 times
Just curious on the price range of the houses that show 95% pending? We too are considering looking for a new house to cash in on equity we have earned since 2010

Old 05-12-2015, 12:22 PM

1 posts, read 1,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Everdeen View Post
I go into Reator.com, perhaps, once a week and look at home prices. 95% of the homes in my neighborhood are Pending.

Has there been a buying frenzy going on lately?
Homeownership rate is at 25 years low. Speculation, so called "investors" or cash buyers account over 44% for the 1st Quarter. 2015 in Nevada.
Take out Cash buyers or speculators out of the mix and you will see what is left out from this phony housig recovery.

We had rental recovery not homeownership recovery.

Mortgage rates are going up, homeownership is at 25 years low, suckers who got tax returns and buying using FHA loans are going to be slaughtered soon.

You have one, maximum two months left out of this hype this year.
What after that?????????

Old 05-12-2015, 12:36 PM

12,973 posts, read 15,792,180 times
We remain in a strong seller's market. There is no indication of any weakness. The market is now over 85% non-distressed property.

The likely problem in the cited market is that there are a large number of properties in pending which have been there for a very long time. Short sales particularly languish for months and months. It may well be that in some cases the paper work is bad enough that they will never actually sell nor be foreclosed.

Short sales and foreclosures are still selling over $20 a square foot less than non-distressed. The problem is that to buy one you have to have made the offer two years ago and then you need to get lucky.

In general buyers should simply ignore pendings - there is no useful information there. Well maybe watch fresh pending but they don't last more than a month or 1.5.

Old 05-12-2015, 06:05 PM

171 posts, read 218,878 times
depend on how fast the banks are willing and able to put them on the market.

Old 05-12-2015, 06:58 PM

13,044 posts, read 13,857,850 times
I met with a realtor today to discuss selling my home in Club at Madeira Canyon; he suggested a higher price, and then in 2 weeks dropping the price. This sounds like a dumb idea. He sells a lot of houses, though.

Old 05-12-2015, 07:26 PM

1,828 posts, read 5,311,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by User 54 View Post
We had rental recovery not homeownership recovery.
Copy that, so you advise to buy as many properties as possible and get into the land lord game while it is on the upswing? I thought the ROI didn't make sense, but I'm going to take your advice and buy buy buy.

Old 05-14-2015, 08:23 AM

1,631 posts, read 3,950,140 times
Here is your Las Vegas housing update.
It looks like the Vegas housing market is holding steady. We're experiencing an anomaly where housing inventory and prices are going up. Instead of when housing inventory goes up prices usually go down.

These numbers don't include high rise condos. Inventory for high rise condos is very low and prices continue to go up. Some properties more than others due to different types of issues that slow appreciation. Contact me for more information.

Click link below to view:

Las Vegas Valley housing reports see steady prices, sales

http://www.reviewjournal.com/news/las-vegas/las-vegas-valley-housing-reports-see-steady-prices-sales

A trio of Wednesday reports showed steady prices and sales, plus a sustained investor presence and even potential over valuation.

Old 05-14-2015, 08:25 AM

1,631 posts, read 3,950,140 times
If you were wondering what is the percentage of under water homes are in Nevada you will want to check out this article.

http://realtormag.realtor.org/daily-news/2015/05/05/underwater-homes-still-thorn-for-market#.VU0N-ZFmN28.email

Old 05-14-2015, 08:47 AM

15,821 posts, read 14,460,687 times
Delinquency is a bigger factor than underwaterness. A house that is underwater, but where the owner is still paying the mortgage is less likely to end up on the market. A delinquent property should get foreclosed on and recycled at the current market price. The fact that there is such a large number of delinquencies not being cycled back onto the market is one of the big reasons the current price levels are unrealistic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas