Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-15-2017, 09:02 PM

645 posts, read 707,014 times

Advertisements

LVallen I did exactly what you said, no lender as a second party. So that's good!

lvmensch thanks so much for the offer! I googled and figured it out!

Two weeks my deed date there were two more things in the record, can't really understand them but I guess previous owner paid off the loan I assume.

1st one:
Document Type:
(SUB) SUBSTITUTION
Modifier:TRUSTEE
1st Party MORTGAGE
ELECTRONIC REGISTRATION SYSTEMS INC
(Previous owner's name)
2nd PartyTD SERVICE COMPANY

2nd one:
Document Type:
(RECON) RECONVEYANCE
1st Party TD SERVICE COMPANY
2nd Party(Previous owner's name)

(started to look at my neighbor's records,one neighbor she got a lien from a pool company, I don't see a release of the lien, I guess she is just going to leave it and not pay since she isn't going to sell the house. Is that right lol, she can really be a handful)

Last edited by LVguy; 05-15-2017 at 09:34 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2017, 03:27 AM

5 posts, read 4,027 times
The thing people don't consider is, they are the reason that homes go up. Every time someone purchases a home, that's either priced high, or higher than it's worth, then homes will continue to rise. It's not genius work, it's common sense, when the market crashed, it suffered badly because people were afraid to spend their money, so houses sat, and the homes value damn near flatlined. As long as people still buy homes, the market will slowly flourish.

The truth as to how a 6 or 8 bedroom house could be cheaper than a 4 bedroom, all comes down to location. You can buy an 8 bedroom in northtown, or 2 to 3 bedroom house in henderson, or greenvalley, seven hills, and it makes sense. No matter how nice you fix that 8 bedroom home, your chances of the value rising, will depend on the chance that they will Crack down on crime. Since that area is ****, and very unlikely to ever become safe, your house will never reach the numbers it could, if it was transported to a better side of town. This town is filling up more and more with stupidass people who have nothing to lose, and they're robbing people, and assaulting people without a second thought. Who the hell wants to live somewhere where that's happening everyday and night? No one, truth is I'd rather live on the streets in seven hills than live in a 4 bedroom home in the north side of town, or the west side, and the far East side is crap too. The southeast, and south side of town, with the acception of summerlin, are the only areas worth considering purchasing a home, I've lived all over Vegas and henderson, this comes from personal experience.
So before you consider purchasing an investment home, try doing a sexual predator search, and crime map of the area the home is in. That's what normal people worry about, before they relocate somewhere.

Old 05-16-2017, 07:51 AM

307 posts, read 267,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVResident View Post
So before you consider purchasing an investment home, try doing a sexual predator search, and crime map of the area the home is in. That's what normal people worry about, before they relocate somewhere.
Not the case everywhere, and certainly not where I came from back east. Vegas is nothing more than a bland suburb with city style poverty and crime rates + corruption.

What is the draw? I left and can't sell my house now because a golf course was sold to a billionaire who wants to develop low class condos smack dab in the center of my middle class community. Guess what that does? Yeah, draw more crime into my once relatively safe area. Who wants that? Glad I got out, but my house valuation is screwed now and I am taking a huge hit. There is zero long term stability in this real estate market.

Old 05-16-2017, 11:24 AM

18,058 posts, read 10,347,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LVguy View Post
LVallen I did exactly what you said, no lender as a second party. So that's good!

lvmensch thanks so much for the offer! I googled and figured it out!

Two weeks my deed date there were two more things in the record, can't really understand them but I guess previous owner paid off the loan I assume.

1st one:
Document Type:
(SUB) SUBSTITUTION
Modifier:TRUSTEE
1st Party MORTGAGE
ELECTRONIC REGISTRATION SYSTEMS INC
(Previous owner's name)
2nd PartyTD SERVICE COMPANY

2nd one:
Document Type:
(RECON) RECONVEYANCE
1st Party TD SERVICE COMPANY
2nd Party(Previous owner's name)

(started to look at my neighbor's records,one neighbor she got a lien from a pool company, I don't see a release of the lien, I guess she is just going to leave it and not pay since she isn't going to sell the house. Is that right lol, she can really be a handful)
These are probably both the close out actions on the prior owners mortgage. The first is a MERS transaction the automated system used to manage ownership of mortgages by the mortgage holders. The second is llikely a close out of the ownership of the mortgage. These should be the last you see. If anymore turn up I would check with the Title Co.

the lien is the sign of a dispute. It may well be a mechanics lien which is generally simple for a contractor to obtain. These liens last only 6 months unless a foreclosure action is filed.

Old 05-18-2017, 10:19 AM

2,951 posts, read 2,518,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quebon View Post
Not the case everywhere, and certainly not where I came from back east. Vegas is nothing more than a bland suburb with city style poverty and crime rates + corruption.

What is the draw? I left and can't sell my house now because a golf course was sold to a billionaire who wants to develop low class condos smack dab in the center of my middle class community. Guess what that does? Yeah, draw more crime into my once relatively safe area. Who wants that? Glad I got out, but my house valuation is screwed now and I am taking a huge hit. There is zero long term stability in this real estate market.
Are you talking about Siena? I have a friend who lives there. There are streets in there selling fast. If you can't sell your house it is because of other reasons. Old decor (biggest offender in here), bad location, overpricing, etc. There was a record setting price house sold about 4 weeks ago.

Howard Hughes has the final say on what goes in there. Its part of their master planned community. Which is filled with the Fed and HH claims it can't be changed. Because of the special considerations given to 55+ communities.

There will be no low class condos> If they are allowed to build, it is only zoned for one story 55+ homes. Can't be changed. Right now its between Howard Hughes and the land owner. Most of the golf course is land locked by homes or flood zone and no development will be done. They have behind them the city council person for the district. Right now they are allowed one access into area. Not good for building a community. Golf course has been for sale for years. No buyers. Rumor is he wants to keep the golf course too, so he might take it down to 9 holes.

Its a waiting game right now. The people that live there are in nego to pay $12.50 per month to keep the golf course as it is. Idea from the land owner.

Stop spreading BS cause you weren't happy in Vegas. All of what you say is your perception and much misinfo. Many people love it here.

Now if you are talking about Silverstone, that place has always had issues due to location.

Old 05-18-2017, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by foundapeanut View Post
Are you talking about Siena? I have a friend who lives there. There are streets in there selling fast. If you can't sell your house it is because of other reasons. Old decor (biggest offender in here), bad location, overpricing, etc. There was a record setting price house sold about 4 weeks ago.

Howard Hughes has the final say on what goes in there. Its part of their master planned community. Which is filled with the Fed and HH claims it can't be changed. Because of the special considerations given to 55+ communities.

There will be no low class condos> If they are allowed to build, it is only zoned for one story 55+ homes. Can't be changed. Right now its between Howard Hughes and the land owner. Most of the golf course is land locked by homes or flood zone and no development will be done. They have behind them the city council person for the district. Right now they are allowed one access into area. Not good for building a community. Golf course has been for sale for years. No buyers. Rumor is he wants to keep the golf course too, so he might take it down to 9 holes.

Its a waiting game right now. The people that live there are in nego to pay $12.50 per month to keep the golf course as it is. Idea from the land owner.

Stop spreading BS cause you weren't happy in Vegas. All of what you say is your perception and much misinfo. Many people love it here.

Now if you are talking about Silverstone, that place has always had issues due to location.
Howard Hughes corp has a say in the matter but is keeping a low profile. Notice the HH rep did not show up for the town hall. It is not clear that HH has a basis to refuse a development of the course. They can get sued. And the owner of the course has a final weapon which he has threatened. He will simply walk away..

Land locked parcel can sometimes force access. And at least two large parcels are build-able.

And no the City Council person is not behind them. Simple reason is it is not in the city. Susan Brager, the County Commissioner was sympathetic but actually non committal

Silverstone is also the best protected around. It has a hard prohibition against any use of the property except as a golf course. And it will likely prevail but may have to take ownership to make it work.

the one with a condo involved is Queensridge. That is an election issue in the City Council district involved as the incumbent - Bob Beers has refused to help prevent the conversion. The argument is simple...there were no protections built into the golf course though those buying into Queensridge believed that land use and zoning would prevent any non golf course use. They even had a legal opinion this was true...and some of these people were heavy hitters.

Old 05-18-2017, 12:43 PM

Thanks for filling in some holes. Sorry, I meant the Commissioner. I saw the video where she said she'd fight the rest of her 2 years. But what can she do?

Master plans like Howard Hughes, according to HH can not be changed as they are filed with the Feds. Although if someone is trying to sue you, that story might change. If a parcel is land locked because its surrounded by homes, how does one force that? Make someone sell their home, tear it down so one can build a road? Not being smart, just asking? There are a few of those in Siena.

Silverstone was the best protected. What will happen there? Did the owner have to turn the water back on?

Oh Queensridge, I know that developer, he built my old house. And is so NOT a billionaire. Most of the money he uses for development is from a bank in Israel. Oh the stories I could tell about him. Have a friend whose business used to do some subwork for him. Never again.

I heard Lowie telling a story on NPR recently about getting extorted from some of the heavy hitters in there. (You probably can find it one line.) Was all a lie. He picked an attorney as the leader of the group. Guess he thinks he's the fearless leader and can lie without getting caught. Goes to show how delusional he thinks he is if he thought he wouldn't get a fight with that group of people.

Old 05-18-2017, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Thanks for filling in some holes. Sorry, I meant the Commissioner. I saw the video where she said she'd fight the rest of her 2 years. But what can she do?

Master plans like Howard Hughes, according to HH can not be changed as they are filed with the Feds. Although if someone is trying to sue you, that story might change. If a parcel is land locked because its surrounded by homes, how does one force that? Make someone sell their home, tear it down so one can build a road? Not being smart, just asking? There are a few of those in Siena.

Silverstone was the best protected. What will happen there? Did the owner have to turn the water back on?

Oh Queensridge, I know that developer, he built my old house. And is so NOT a billionaire. Most of the money he uses for development is from a bank in Israel. Oh the stories I could tell about him. Have a friend whose business used to do some subwork for him. Never again.

I heard Lowie telling a story on NPR recently about getting extorted from some of the heavy hitters in there. (You probably can find it one line.) Was all a lie. He picked an attorney as the leader of the group. Guess he thinks he's the fearless leader and can lie without getting caught. Goes to show how delusional he thinks he is if he thought he wouldn't get a fight with that group of people.
The land in question is zoned residential and that is in keeping with the master plan. It is possible that HH could block it but not clear they will I don't believe anything in the Summerlin South master plan would have to change for the development.

Paying the extortion is likely the best way out in Siena but they also have to figure out how to do it so it is not an unending thing were the golf course owner comes back every other year for an increase in the fee. Without fixing that I don't think they will get it past the Siena owners.

Silverstone HOA has repeatedly won in the courts but the golf course owners have played games moving the ownership to a shell company and then throwing the shell company into bankruptcy. The course owners are basically fighting a guerilla war. They have no right so the are using obstruction and delay.

The Lowie conversation...https://knpr.org/npr-tags/yohan-lowie

;

Old 05-18-2017, 03:07 PM

307 posts, read 267,876 times
Quote:

Misinfo? Lmao. You just rambled on about the wrong community for nothing.

Old 05-19-2017, 12:27 AM

Much of what I posted is true. But if you waste your time trolling CD with such petty bs, I'm only interested in communication with mature adults with no obvious issues.

Thank God for the ignore button. First time I've used it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas