Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2017, 04:30 PM

469 posts, read 493,960 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merry Lee Gather View Post
If I had one complaint about Las Vegas it would have to do with the post office here. Never in my life have I had so many problems regarding mail. Packages stolen, multiple mail carriers for our route messing up our mail all the time, rude as hell mail carriers too. Guess our route is difficult. I get other people's mail. Other people get our mail. I once had a guitar delivered to me for another person in our apartments. Luckily I'm a nice lady and returned it to them.

Long awful lines at the post office no matter what time you go and returned mail with forever stamps on them saying needing additional postage. That was the latest burn. Mailing things has gotten so expensive too. I never put our mail in the outgoing box here. I take it straight to the post office and put it in the blue bins there because it has a better chance of getting to where it needs to go. Otherwise it might miss fire for any number of reasons due to unreliable service in our area.

It ridiculous. I get a real sense they're over worked and under paid. That the sheer volume of demand is too much for the staff to get it right and do well. No one wants to stick it out so it's always changing like the staff at a fast food place.
Overworked. Maybe. Underpaid? Don't think so
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2017, 09:22 PM

247 posts, read 253,954 times
Quote:
If I had one complaint about Las Vegas it would have to do with the post office here. Never in my life have I had so many problems regarding mail. Packages stolen, multiple mail carriers for our route messing up our mail all the time, rude as hell mail carriers too. Guess our route is difficult. I get other people's mail. Other people get our mail. I once had a guitar delivered to me for another person in our apartments. Luckily I'm a nice lady and returned it to them.

Long awful lines at the post office no matter what time you go and returned mail with forever stamps on them saying needing additional postage. That was the latest burn. Mailing things has gotten so expensive too. I never put our mail in the outgoing box here. I take it straight to the post office and put it in the blue bins there because it has a better chance of getting to where it needs to go. Otherwise it might miss fire for any number of reasons due to unreliable service in our area.

It ridiculous. I get a real sense they're over worked and under paid. That the sheer volume of demand is too much for the staff to get it right and do well. No one wants to stick it out so it's always changing like the staff at a fast food place.
we don't care if you used a forever stamp if there wasn't enough postage on it,obviously you needed more postage,forever stamps just mean they stay first class stamps no matter how much the price of stamps gets raised to.

Old 02-20-2017, 09:24 PM

I transferred here from San diego in 2011 and I have never seen mail theft and box break ins like this ever,right around December thieves break into at least 10 of my parcel lockers

Old 02-20-2017, 10:35 PM
EA

6,791 posts, read 7,111,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foundapeanut View Post
Were you friends with my dad back in the 30's? He decided to tell me all these stories shortly before he died. So I couldn't hold them against him. Yeah I was shocked. As I was kept on a pretty short leash. What he knew anyway.

Or those old cars had some hellish metal frames on them. He said they'd plow into the mailbox stem and the boxes would go flying. Wouldn't even make a dent in the car.

Farm kids during the depression, looking for some fun.

Mailbox stealing is a thing if you don't live in a guard gated community. Get yourself a PO box.

Jesus, I am not that old. I am in my 30s, I wasn't alive in the 30s.

I never destroyed mailboxes. But I know a lot of people that did. A friend of mine got caught by the police.
It's a serious crime. He got a 25,000 dollar fine, and 3 years on probation. He was 17.

Old 02-21-2017, 02:10 AM

3,475 posts, read 3,275,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soclose View Post
Overworked. Maybe. Underpaid? Don't think so
If they're not underpaid then it's still not enough to keep them around here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macklessdaddy View Post
we don't care.
Exactly how it made me feel.

I seriously doubt it needed more postage. It was a small 2 inches by 2 inches light weight square card. It didn't weigh more than a postcard. They wanted 21 more cents for it? It doesn't cost 70 cents to send a regular postcard. If it was that important they could have done a COD and my Grandma would have gotten her Valentine on time and she would have gladly paid the 21 cent. But no. They don't care. Instead it's returned to me on V-day and I put two more forever stamps on it in-addition to the one it already had just to be sure it gets there this time.

Old 02-21-2017, 07:08 AM

Quote:
If they're not underpaid then it's still not enough to keep them around here.

Exactly how it made me feel.

I seriously doubt it needed more postage. It was a small 2 inches by 2 inches light weight square card. It didn't weigh more than a postcard. They wanted 21 more cents for it? It doesn't cost 70 cents to send a regular postcard. If it was that important they could have done a COD and my Grandma would have gotten her Valentine on time and she would have gladly paid the 21 cent. But no. They don't care. Instead it's returned to me on V-day and I put two more forever stamps on it in-addition to the one it already had just to be sure it gets there this time.
lol for quoting those few words,question though where was the destination of the postcard/letter?She wouldn't happen to live outside the US of A would she.I'm sure there was a reason it required more postage,we don't ask for it just to fleece you. Also you mean a postage due not cod,If it's caught locally that there isn't enough postage on it why would we send it somewhere to be refused,many people refuse to pay postage due.

Old 02-21-2017, 10:20 AM

11,479 posts, read 9,137,018 times
It's been months since I've had to wait in line at the post office to mail something. I now print my own labels and only go there to drop off. First Class (through paypal) and Priority - print label, tape, drop off. Simple. Easy. Effective.

Old 02-21-2017, 04:32 PM

209 posts, read 263,435 times
I always forget how old everyone in this forum is. Who uses the USPS anymore? I check my mailbox once a week to essentially empty it of all the junk mail and advertisements so that the mailman can fill it back up with junk. I'm completely electronic. Half of all my bills I pay online and the other half I pay using an app on my phone. All my banking is electronic to. I'm also in my 30s so maybe it's a generational thing. My Dad still deposits checks INSIDE the bank. He won't even use the ATM outside the bank or get direct deposit. I tell him he can now simply use the bank's app on his phone to take a photo of the check and have it instantly deposited into his account without leaving his couch but he won't even try it.

Old 02-21-2017, 08:11 PM

28,803 posts, read 47,675,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EA View Post
Jesus, I am not that old. I am in my 30s, I wasn't alive in the 30s.

I never destroyed mailboxes. But I know a lot of people that did. A friend of mine got caught by the police.
It's a serious crime. He got a 25,000 dollar fine, and 3 years on probation. He was 17.

I think it's a federal offense to mess with mail in any form.

Old 02-21-2017, 08:13 PM

28,803 posts, read 47,675,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crabtrees View Post
I always forget how old everyone in this forum is. Who uses the USPS anymore? I check my mailbox once a week to essentially empty it of all the junk mail and advertisements so that the mailman can fill it back up with junk. I'm completely electronic. Half of all my bills I pay online and the other half I pay using an app on my phone. All my banking is electronic to. I'm also in my 30s so maybe it's a generational thing. My Dad still deposits checks INSIDE the bank. He won't even use the ATM outside the bank or get direct deposit. I tell him he can now simply use the bank's app on his phone to take a photo of the check and have it instantly deposited into his account without leaving his couch but he won't even try it.
Fast approaching 69. All but one bill are paid online. All deposits are direct deposit. Haven't cashed a check in years. We still mail things, though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: