Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2017, 03:07 PM

14 posts, read 16,731 times

Advertisements

I just registered 4 vehicles...I used a service so that I did not have to deal with the DMV.

Cost about $2400 total for all 4.

However take into consideration....all 4 needed out of state transfer....that was probably $600 total. All 4 needed the initial purchase of license plates...that was close to $175. 2 needed smog...that was $43. In terms of the actual registration....they were all less that what I was paying in CA.

Then I paid a couple hundred to the registration service for thier work...in the case of the car and truck, they got me next day registration and plates....I did not have to set foot in the DMV.

Drivers licenses was a whole different story...especially for my wife...sheesh.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2017, 07:10 AM

1,078 posts, read 1,152,875 times
I got a 97 Acura Integra that won't quit running and I just sold my 98 Chevy Metro.
Sadly, it's just not safe for me to be driving a stick anymore.

I wasn't suggesting it was for everybody, but there's ways to work around it. I hate the taxes it can't be avoided. And since I believe it is based on the base model price. If you really are pinching pennies you may be better off with a loaded Hyundai

For example, the $900 I have to pay on the $30,000. My wife and I receive every year.
Don't believe the lies about no tax burden under $50,000. Our total household income is 30 grand for two people.

Just for the record, I was not suggesting either. These vehicles are cool. Well, actually Acura is pretty cool. It just has a ton of miles on it. The Metro was in no way cool and was basically one step up from a scooter. Basically, a scooter with environmental controls and a CD player.

That three cylinder five-speed sure gets a lot of mileage out of a tank of gas though.

Old 03-13-2017, 02:45 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,753,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WorldKlas View Post
We are new to the Valley and presently renting in Henderson. We need to get our cars registered. Any recommendations about where to go to get the cars inspected and smog checks done?

Also, I was looking at the online DMV estimate for fees to register our cars. We have a 2015 Cadillac SRX and the estimated value -- on which we apparently will need to pay over $800 to register -- is higher than what we paid for when we purchased the car brand new. I then went to several used car websites and the estimated trade in value is almost $20K less than the State's value. Has anyone had this problem?
Have you also looked at the cost to insure your vehicle? Mine doubled when I moved back to Las Vegas.

Old 03-13-2017, 03:48 PM

14 posts, read 16,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
Have you also looked at the cost to insure your vehicle? Mine doubled when I moved back to Las Vegas.
my auto full-coverage rates stayed nearly the same....techically they rose, but I was able to drop some CA specific coverages, which lowered the total. My motorcycle coverage dropped by almost 50%.

Old 03-13-2017, 05:31 PM

8,147 posts, read 8,348,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
I was floored at the pricing. But we did get an okay rate from GEICO

Old 03-24-2017, 02:55 PM

39 posts, read 37,384 times
i am fairly new to vegas, i moved here last year. i have a 2016 car and i renewed the registration and insurance and received my sticker and new insurance card about 4.5 months ago. however i completely forgot about a smog check.
is my car not legally registered or insured? will i have issues if i were in an accident because there is no smog check on file? can i get pulled over/cited?

(of course ill take care of it this weekend, but it prompted those questions and concerns) lol

Old 03-24-2017, 05:01 PM

110 posts, read 104,526 times
I am about to register my truck it says 110 on the dmv website. Its 2005 ford ranger. I can't wait to get NV plates! Thats about the same as CA. I had 21st in CA and paid 400ish for minimum full coverage with 500 dollar deductable. They are farmers in NV and quoted me almost 600 and 50 dollar activation fee. So I checked around. AAA was 1200! progressive was 800. Geico was 256 with higher coverage! Geico asked my highest level of education and I think that might have helped cuz I have a MS. Since we now own a house I upped all my coverage substantially and it is still only 308 dollars for full coverage.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: