Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2017, 11:35 AM

792 posts, read 1,301,909 times

Advertisements

It's well recognized that when the SHTF...the first reaction is to "place blame and disregard any personal responsibility"...that's human nature. In reality rarely if ever is one side ever without any responsibility ...whatever the case !

I never advocated for local LE to act without justified and adequate compensation...quite the contrary...I too pay taxes...a lot of taxes...local, state, and federal !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2017, 11:46 AM

792 posts, read 1,301,909 times
[quote=2sleepy;47639548]Why in the world would illegal immigration be the top concern of any law enforcement agency? Please tell me how diverting resources to enforce federal immigration law enhances public safety. Being in the US without authorization is a STATUS OFFENSE, it's not even a crime - it's a civil offense. Is Illegal Immigration a Crime? Improper Entry v. Unlawful Presence - FindLaw Blotter

Why don't you take a deep breath and read this article Las Vegas police reject report saying department doesn and this one Las Vegas police feud with federal immigration authorities: It

PS Yes I was 'around' in the 80's and I have absolutely NO idea where you came up with the idea that during that time "individual agencies ignored each other's existence" that is just profoundly wrong.[/QUOTE

Once upon a time (Oct. 1981) a young state LE agent, with a partner was literally pinned down in the Naked City....couldn't get back up...actually could not even communicate with local LE because of not having band access....not to mention local LE not caring to respond into that area...day and especially night....Thru a stroke of luck..that young officer and his partner finally got out...without any assistance...

Local LE's response was..."no idiot goes in there...shame on you"...profoundly wrong...I think not !

I did read both of those articles...didn't you sense a tad of political correctness in any of that ? Our sheriff is elected not appointed...and defending one's agency is the name of the game.

Last edited by Irish4evr; 03-26-2017 at 12:01 PM..

Old 03-26-2017, 12:54 PM

469 posts, read 494,419 times
No need to play the blame game on illegal immigration. I think we can all agree that "Illegal is Illegal" so all LE should be working together enforcing both local, state and federal laws for the sake of safety of all U.S. citizens. I'm for sure we all lock our doors at night because we love the people that's living with us so no intruder would want to do harm to them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: