Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-06-2008, 05:43 AM

159 posts, read 478,791 times

Advertisements

Hi all,

I know not everyone here is fond of signing petitions, but I hope you'll consider this one, especially because the outcome will affect the elderly and disabled--mentally and physically--in our state and across the country. For all I know, it may affect you, either now or in a few years.

Before I give you the link to my petition, I'll paste in the text of it here and I'll add that there's an option for your name to appear as Anonymous. On March 19, I'll download and print out copies of the petition, which I'll send to the Centers for Medicaid and Medicare Services (in Maryland) and to Sens. Reid and Ensign. Here's the text, followed by the link--and my thanks for your consideration.

Quote:
We, the undersigned, OPPOSE the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services proposed rule, file code CMS-2232-P, which would allow the States to eliminate nonemergency medical transportation as a benefit under Medicaid. We urge Congress and all state officials to defeat this draconian measure that would
*Cut necessary services for 36 million Americans covered under Medicaid
*Eliminate rides to and from medical daycare centers for the elderly and mentally and physically disabled, further overburdening caretakers and depriving clients of the benefits of daycare
*Force the poor and the mentally and physically disabled to pay for specialized transportation, in which case, being on Medicaid and unable to afford the costs, they will go without necessary health services
*Will not save the States money in the long run but will instead increase the population of those who have no access to either necessary or preventive care and will flood already overburdened hospital emergency rooms
*Will cause destabilization of Medicaid healthcare services nationwide, further securing our sad distinction as the most unhealthy country in the industrialized world
*Will show the world that profit and greed is what drives our government, who care nothing for the people they were elected to serve
STOP Passage of CMS-2232-P Petition : [ powered by iPetitions.com ]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas