Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-29-2017, 09:27 PM

10 posts, read 7,603 times

Advertisements

I'm a current flight attendant and I'll be moving to Vegas in the coming months, I just need help in an area.

My budget is probably under 1k. I'll be making roughly $3400 a month before taxes. I do, well I would like, to be near LAS airport but I hear areas near there are run down? I was told Summerlin was nice, true or false? My only major want in an apartment is a nice kitchen with no white appliances. However, if that's a want that wouldn't fit my budget then that's okay. I have no kids so schools aren't an issue. I just want a safe area as I'll be coming and going at crazy house sometimes. Since I'll be going to and from the airport often I would like to be no more than 30mins away from there give or take a couple of minutes. Thanks all
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2017, 10:13 PM

469 posts, read 493,960 times
Plenty of 1BR's for rent if that's what your looking for. Look near Blue Diamond area which is south of I-215.

Old 04-29-2017, 10:14 PM

621 posts, read 538,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRyan0815 View Post
I'm a current flight attendant and I'll be moving to Vegas in the coming months, I just need help in an area.

My budget is probably under 1k. I'll be making roughly $3400 a month before taxes. I do, well I would like, to be near LAS airport but I hear areas near there are run down? I was told Summerlin was nice, true or false? My only major want in an apartment is a nice kitchen with no white appliances. However, if that's a want that wouldn't fit my budget then that's okay. I have no kids so schools aren't an issue. I just want a safe area as I'll be coming and going at crazy house sometimes. Since I'll be going to and from the airport often I would like to be no more than 30mins away from there give or take a couple of minutes. Thanks all
Most everywhere in Las Vegas (save maybe the Northwest) and Henderson is within 30 minutes of the airport. Especially if you will be traveling to or from at hours that aren't 7-9 AM and 4-7 PM. You can find a place with stainless steel appliances for under 1K. I would look in Henderson. Summerlin has nice areas to be sure, but I think it may be hard to find something in your price range and it would be right on the edge of 30 minutes, if not slightly longer, and much longer during the rush hours I mentioned earlier. Others have been here much longer than me, so they may have better information.

Old 04-30-2017, 12:19 AM

12,686 posts, read 36,338,150 times
I could swear I answered this before...but, if I were looking for an apartment there some nice ones just off Cheyenne and the Beltway near the Lone Mountain I'd look at first. Not Lone Mtn. Rd, the actual mountain. One is called Shady Hills I think, and another one called Tierra Vista or something like that. Just drive around up there in the Cheyenne/Hualapai area. The reason I suggest those is it's such a clean neighborhood, with the best views in town, shopping/restaurants you can walk to, parks all around, and you can jump on the Beltway right there and drive straight to the airport.

Old 04-30-2017, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz123 View Post
I could swear I answered this before...but, if I were looking for an apartment there some nice ones just off Cheyenne and the Beltway near the Lone Mountain I'd look at first. Not Lone Mtn. Rd, the actual mountain. One is called Shady Hills I think, and another one called Tierra Vista or something like that. Just drive around up there in the Cheyenne/Hualapai area. The reason I suggest those is it's such a clean neighborhood, with the best views in town, shopping/restaurants you can walk to, parks all around, and you can jump on the Beltway right there and drive straight to the airport.
I think it's more then a 30 min drive from the airport and more then $1k for rent.

Old 04-30-2017, 12:00 PM

14,229 posts, read 30,017,781 times
There are many flight crews stationed here. I would look for a temporary roommate/share situation, maybe on some kind of bulletin board your company uses. You won't actually be there that much and if you share with a co-worker for a couple months it will give you time to scope out the area. There are lots of choices and safe is relative to where you came from!

Old 05-01-2017, 10:53 AM

10 posts, read 7,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soclose View Post
I think it's more then a 30 min drive from the airport and more then $1k for rent.
How much further is it? And is it over 1k by a few hundred or more so around 1.5k?

Old 05-01-2017, 11:05 AM

By a few hundreds, approximately $1100-$1300 + Electric. I know somebody that's living in a 2BR 1 Car garage for $1150 + Electric off of Jones and Arby Way. I can find out the apartment complex name, if that's the price range your looking for and to mention it is in a gated community.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas