Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2006, 06:30 PM

30 posts, read 203,097 times

Advertisements

Is that gun shots I hear? I constantly hear what I believe are gun shots,, I just moved to a place near Tropicana and Maryland, I have gotten use to the constant Helicopters overhead and the Sirens, though I have not gotten use to the Helicopter Saturday nite shining its lite through my window and the Police outside with their dogs obviously looking for someone on my complex,,, but is that gun shots I hear every few nites? Is crime really that bad here? I come from a place that is pretty safe and I knew crime was bad here,, but who are these people shooting at?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2006, 06:40 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,187,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasNV View Post
Is that gun shots I hear? I constantly hear what I believe are gun shots,, I just moved to a place near Tropicana and Maryland, I have gotten use to the constant Helicopters overhead and the Sirens, though I have not gotten use to the Helicopter Saturday nite shining its lite through my window and the Police outside with their dogs obviously looking for someone on my complex,,, but is that gun shots I hear every few nites? Is crime really that bad here? I come from a place that is pretty safe and I knew crime was bad here,, but who are these people shooting at?
Move. Quick. That is not innner city but it is active. No I don't think those are shots. We do have an occassional shooting but that is the wrong neighborhood for it. Fire crackers by wise ass college students might be a good bet.

But get out of there. Unless you are young and adventuresome and pretty urban aware it is not a sensible place to live. (College students excepted - they can tolerate anything)

Old 12-05-2006, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
Move. Quick. That is not innner city but it is active. No I don't think those are shots. We do have an occassional shooting but that is the wrong neighborhood for it. Fire crackers by wise ass college students might be a good bet.

But get out of there. Unless you are young and adventuresome and pretty urban aware it is not a sensible place to live. (College students excepted - they can tolerate anything)

I signed a lease that keeps me here until the end of May,,, I am gonna be 27 in a few days so i dont know if that qualifys me as being young and adventuresome

My friend lived on this complex before and said it was fine, but then again is full of **** sometimes,,, I moved here on a whim and was pretty naive that there were nicer places the further away from the strip you go, for 50 bux more a month I wish I could have settled in one of those places ,,, is it possible to break a lease out of fear for your safety?

Old 12-06-2006, 11:10 PM

2,404 posts, read 10,682,999 times
to me, any apartment complex is unsafe, the homes around there are fine, but apartment complexes tend to attract some undesirable people. I still think your fine. Your probably not hearing gun shots, because if they are, then you would hear it on the news. Just stay away from Maryland and Sierra Vista, and I think you are fine.

Old 12-13-2006, 02:37 AM

15 posts, read 23,559 times
Tropicana & Maryland is not the nicest area in town. You are close to Park Villas. There have been many things that have happened there.

You can break your lease, but it would all depend on your lease what the consequences will be. You might just have to let the landlord keep the deposit if you help them find a tenant. Just talk to them and tell them your situation. Tell them you have a fear for your safety.

Old 12-14-2006, 11:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LenSellsLasVegas View Post
Tropicana & Maryland is not the nicest area in town. You are close to Park Villas. There have been many things that have happened there.

You can break your lease, but it would all depend on your lease what the consequences will be. You might just have to let the landlord keep the deposit if you help them find a tenant. Just talk to them and tell them your situation. Tell them you have a fear for your safety.
What is Park Villas? What goes on there?,, and I live in a Apartment Complex so it isnt like I have a real landlord,,,

Old 12-15-2006, 12:43 AM

15 posts, read 23,559 times
Park Villas is an apartment complex by Trop & Maryland. It is low income apartments. It has a high crime rate.

If you don't have a landlord, you could always speak with your property management company to see if they will allow you to break the lease.

Old 12-17-2006, 06:33 PM

2,909 posts, read 14,081,952 times
Cant you just notify the cops? Let them investigate

Old 12-30-2006, 10:18 PM

40 posts, read 219,140 times
that has been a less than nice area since Spilantro and the boys used to run around there.......

Old 09-07-2009, 05:08 PM

2 posts, read 5,828 times
Unhappy cops investigate!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Need_affordable_home View Post
Cant you just notify the cops? Let them investigate

you have got to be kidding! nine times out of ten in las vegas, when you dial 911 or even 311, you are put on hold. i think this is why alot of people here handle thier own business. not to speak of how the cops treat you no matter what end you are on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: