U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2017, 10:46 AM

485 posts, read 505,655 times

Advertisements

Been talking to some people and reading online and it seems some are saying that the Bellagio is overrated and that the rooms are dated and that the Cosmo is newer and with the balcony that faces the fountains...they are a better buy than Bellagio.

I'm going with my GF Aug 15 to Aug 18 and initially I booked Bellagio but now having second doubts...I still have time to cancel for free and rebook Cosmo if people think that Cosmo has better rooms/views.

And of course will try the $20/50 dollar tip trick as well. Thankfully it's nothing big out of pocket since I have tons of Chase UR points that I will use to book the room.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2017, 10:51 AM

13,482 posts, read 9,610,167 times
The Cosmo has balconies. That's because it was originally a condo project, not intended as a hotel. That aside, if I remember correctly, I had the best views of the fountains at The Paris across the street.

Old 08-02-2017, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
The Cosmo has balconies. That's because it was originally a condo project, not intended as a hotel. That aside, if I remember correctly, I had the best views of the fountains at The Paris across the street.
Ah I see very interesting. Yeah it is odd to see balcony on Vegas hotels (theories I've read include the fact that balconies in a place like the Strip would incur liability due to crazy/drunken shenanigans that may cause injury if someone were to not stay on the balcony....)

Ah yes forgot about Paris!!! Will need to look into that as well. Though the room and the balcony of Cosmo seems quite enticing as well

Old 08-02-2017, 11:17 AM

8,679 posts, read 8,864,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ginmqi View Post
Ah I see very interesting. Yeah it is odd to see balcony on Vegas hotels (theories I've read include the fact that balconies in a place like the Strip would incur liability due to crazy/drunken shenanigans that may cause injury if someone were to not stay on the balcony....)

Ah yes forgot about Paris!!! Will need to look into that as well. Though the room and the balcony of Cosmo seems quite enticing as well
You can also get a fountain view from a high floor Spa Tower Go Room at the Flamingo. It's not as dead on, but still a nice bonus

Old 08-02-2017, 12:42 PM
EA

5,473 posts, read 4,670,748 times
Paris is definitely the best view of the fountains.

Old 08-02-2017, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElleTea View Post
You can also get a fountain view from a high floor Spa Tower Go Room at the Flamingo. It's not as dead on, but still a nice bonus
Thanks for the tip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EA View Post
Paris is definitely the best view of the fountains.
Yeah looks like Paris will face directly at the front so that'll be nice. Bellagion will be facing back and Cosmo is facing to the side

Old 08-02-2017, 01:53 PM

9,959 posts, read 8,454,013 times
The fountains are meant to be viewed from the strip. Remember they were created to pull street traffic into Bellagio. I haven't seen them from Cosmo, but it would have a sidelong view.

Old 08-02-2017, 01:55 PM

2,953 posts, read 1,392,318 times
Never stayed the Paris but agree the view is excellent from the Eiffel tower restaurant. However you can not hear the music.

If you get a room at Paris can you hear the music. Unless there is a balcony no you won't.

Got married at the Bellagio, stayed there numerous times. Fountain Rooms have the music piped into the room. I heard Bellagio was remodeling its rooms. That is proven in the main area. How recent did you read the rooms are dated?

You could probably hear the music from the balconies at the cosmo.

Without music, what is a big deal about fountains.

Old 08-02-2017, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by foundapeanut View Post
Never stayed the Paris but agree the view is excellent from the Eiffel tower restaurant. However you can not hear the music.

If you get a room at Paris can you hear the music. Unless there is a balcony no you won't.

Got married at the Bellagio, stayed there numerous times. Fountain Rooms have the music piped into the room. I heard Bellagio was remodeling its rooms. That is proven in the main area. How recent did you read the rooms are dated?

You could probably hear the music from the balconies at the cosmo.

Without music, what is a big deal about fountains.
Ahh good points. I'll definitely have to go with either a Bellagio fountain view room or a Cosmo balcony room facing the fountains.

Now just have to see which is better.

I was reading reviews maybe 3-4 years ago. But some very recent posts ( in last 1-2 years) have compared Bellagio to hotels like Cosmo and Wynn and relatively some people don't like the older/conservative style of the Bellagio rooms and I think the younger crowd prefers some of the more contemporary styling/materials of Cosmo.

Old 08-02-2017, 02:15 PM

2,953 posts, read 1,392,318 times
^^^^ you are right about style difference.

Bellagio is understated elegance. Cosmo is for a younger crowd. When we stayed at the Bellagio, the windows are tinted. But at night with the lights on my husband is standing in front of them with his underwear on. You can see right in. Didn't realize that till we ate at the Eiffel Tower a few days later.
Two show for the price of one.

Paris I think is to foo fooey. Too Versailles not even being as extreme as Versailles, if that make sense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or