U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2017, 05:00 PM

15 posts, read 8,113 times

Advertisements

Ok, I invite your assistance on where to shop for men's fashion.
Casual and semi-formal. I like simple classic styling with class.
Would like to look fresh but not trendy. Still new to area and appreciate your help,
Thank you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2017, 06:15 PM

13,472 posts, read 9,593,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by If6was9 View Post
Ok, I invite your assistance on where to shop for men's fashion.
Casual and semi-formal. I like simple classic styling with class.
Would like to look fresh but not trendy. Still new to area and appreciate your help,
Thank you
Do you need a suit or just some nice clothes and shoes? For a suit I can't help, but for some fashion at a decent price, Hit Nordstom Rack. I found a pair of men's snakeskin ankle boots there for a pittance. Regularly priced at $ 700.

Marshalls and Ross here also have great deals.

For the non-bargain stuff, Fashion Show Mall or Forum Shops.

Old 08-04-2017, 07:41 PM

9,665 posts, read 5,658,893 times
gold watch, diamond ring

i ain't missing not a single thing

Old 08-05-2017, 03:39 AM

1,602 posts, read 1,741,523 times
Do the clothes make the man or does the man make the clothes?

Old 08-05-2017, 04:19 AM

2,753 posts, read 5,756,218 times
For big men I like Casual XL. I think that they're over on Jones and Oakey, over by the Fantastik Indoor Swap Meet.

Old 08-05-2017, 06:18 AM

2,575 posts, read 1,893,416 times
I'm terrible with men's fashion and I have all brothers. I do love those metrosexual males with class.

Are we talking Ralph Lauren and Dockers classic, James Bond Classic, Mission Impossible Classic, The Matrix Classic? Burlington Coat Factory, Ross, TJ Maxx, Marshall's

The shopping in Las Vegas is the best! You can get real designer clothing at these places in Las Vegas so I'd definitely shop there. I've found $300 BCBG heels there for $25. Of course, they're stilettos because, well... this is Las Vegas.

I feel like Nordstrom's Rack is hit or miss when I go there.

Then there's men's department store stuff but it's always overpriced 7-8 times what it's worth so you have to wait for the sales to get it or hit the outlet malls.

That's another great area for shopping in Las Vegas! They have outlet stores there that don't exist elsewhere. You can get deeply discounted brand items there. Best times for binge shopping is January and July at the Outlet Malls. Also from Thanksgiving to Christmas Las Vegas has a ton of deep discounts and sales at the outlets. We spend 8 hours a day shopping for an entire week or two going to all the places and depending on friends and family visiting. It's ridiculous but it's all everyone wants to do when they come! They arrive with empty suitcases and they're stuffed when they leave and they sometimes even had us hold stuff for them for their next trip or have us ship it to them.

I know you said not trendy and I get that because the last thing I read was that male rompers and men's lace shorts were in fashion.

Old 08-05-2017, 10:33 AM

12,662 posts, read 9,420,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by If6was9 View Post
I like simple classic styling with class.
Every well dressed man should have at least one bespoke suit. For example: http://www.hmcole.com/. There are others. You don't need to go to Savile Row.

Old 08-05-2017, 11:59 AM

26,867 posts, read 38,123,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merry Lee Gather View Post
I'm terrible with men's fashion and I have all brothers. I do love those metrosexual males with class.

Are we talking Ralph Lauren and Dockers classic, James Bond Classic, Mission Impossible Classic, The Matrix Classic? Burlington Coat Factory, Ross, TJ Maxx, Marshall's

The shopping in Las Vegas is the best! You can get real designer clothing at these places in Las Vegas so I'd definitely shop there. I've found $300 BCBG heels there for $25. Of course, they're stilettos because, well... this is Las Vegas.

I feel like Nordstrom's Rack is hit or miss when I go there.

Then there's men's department store stuff but it's always overpriced 7-8 times what it's worth so you have to wait for the sales to get it or hit the outlet malls.

That's another great area for shopping in Las Vegas! They have outlet stores there that don't exist elsewhere. You can get deeply discounted brand items there. Best times for binge shopping is January and July at the Outlet Malls. Also from Thanksgiving to Christmas Las Vegas has a ton of deep discounts and sales at the outlets. We spend 8 hours a day shopping for an entire week or two going to all the places and depending on friends and family visiting. It's ridiculous but it's all everyone wants to do when they come! They arrive with empty suitcases and they're stuffed when they leave and they sometimes even had us hold stuff for them for their next trip or have us ship it to them.

I know you said not trendy and I get that because the last thing I read was that male rompers and men's lace shorts were in fashion.
lmao! Wouldn't I look just dandy in a pair of those!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportyandMisty View Post
Every well dressed man should have at least one bespoke suit. For example: H.M. COLE Custom Clothiers. There are others. You don't need to go to Savile Row.
Thank you for a definition of bespoke I did not know. I Always appreciate learning new things.

Old 08-05-2017, 02:15 PM

3,671 posts, read 7,975,503 times
For classic styling in an American fit suit I would look at Hickey-Freeman and Ralph Lauren. Dillard's carries Hickey-Freeman off the rack and made to measure, and Ralph Lauren Polo. Nordstrom carries Hickey-Freeman off the rack and made to measure also. For Ralph Lauren Purple Label I think your only option in Las Vegas is Neiman-Marcus. The Ralph Lauren store in the Forum shops only carries the lower Polo brand.

Old 08-08-2017, 02:15 PM

15 posts, read 8,113 times
Geez, thanks for all these great ideas!!
Definitely a lot of places to check out and some new ones too.
Got to get a suit but don't want to spend a fortune if I don't have too.
As far as what kind of classic I mean, It's hard to explain, other than I appreciate nice material
And black rules. I guess I need to do some research on the differences on the way a suit is cut
And shaped as to brand? I know what I like when I see it. And it always costs the most. Go figure.
I hate shopping for clothes because I give up too soon and settle on things
I don't really like in the long run. I get impatient after 3 stores in a row and no success at finding
Anything I like or in my size which is pretty average 5'11, 32 waist. I'm going to check out your
Suggestions, thanks again
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or