U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 09-06-2017, 11:35 AM
 
1,945 posts, read 2,114,859 times
Reputation: 2050

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by quebon View Post
With respect, you don't live in there. I do and I am telling you straight up how it is. Do you know how many times the HOA has switched in there because of their incompetence and inability to mitigate the growing crime? The HOA was fine in there for something 20 years, then all of a sudden, the crime comes and boom, fired HOA, next fired another HOA, next.... cause nothing is getting done to fix it. The golf course is why I can't sell right now but the crime is why I really want out.
What does the HOA have to do with crime? They are not metro. Maybe the problem is, according to what you posted, crime is not reported to the police.

I hate when people in Peccole complain about "courtesy Patrol" not being everywhere at one time. They are not the police. Your gate guards at any community are not the police.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-06-2017, 11:37 AM
 
10,686 posts, read 3,738,322 times
Reputation: 4682
Quote:
Originally Posted by quebon View Post
Please... These things don't get reported, they happen without announcement like so many other pertinent realities. I've lived in there for 4 years and the fact that you are trying to get me to question my own eyes and ears is astonishing. Now I know you're out there lvmensch, way out there. Queensridge is absolutely plagued by petty crime on a weekly basis and it is gradually getting worse.

But didn't happen I guess because metro, well............. yeah.
That of course does not compute. Significant number of petty crimes and no one reports them? In Queensridge? But other neighborhoods do? I am sorry you are simply in to some kind of folk lore. Pecole Ranch and the Lakes and even Tournament Hills report minor crimes...but not Queensridge?

Sound to me like Queensridge is super safe. You should feature it in marketing your home.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-06-2017, 12:20 PM
 
285 posts, read 160,084 times
Reputation: 225
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dltordj View Post
What does the HOA have to do with crime? They are not metro. Maybe the problem is, according to what you posted, crime is not reported to the police.

I hate when people in Peccole complain about "courtesy Patrol" not being everywhere at one time. They are not the police. Your gate guards at any community are not the police.
Do not underestimate the stupidity of people. The higher you go, the dumber they can get.

I recall my neighbor saying something to the effect of "We only get broken into because the "customs" steal all the community patrol". "If the (unnamed famous person) got broken into nobody would ever buy a house in Queensridge again!"

It got to the point where a letter was sent out inside the community alerting residents that the patrol gaurds are only armed to protect THEMSELVES against YOU (the tenants), and not criminals. The only purpose they actually serve is to issue infractions and micromanage every detail of how people live. They remind me of prison guards in a way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-06-2017, 12:31 PM
 
285 posts, read 160,084 times
Reputation: 225
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
That of course does not compute. Significant number of petty crimes and no one reports them? In Queensridge? But other neighborhoods do? I am sorry you are simply in to some kind of folk lore. Pecole Ranch and the Lakes and even Tournament Hills report minor crimes...but not Queensridge?

Sound to me like Queensridge is super safe. You should feature it in marketing your home.
So the grapevine says that some of the wealthiest people in Vegas have houses in Queensridge and have an interest in keeping things quiet and tame... Therefore they apparently have metro snug in their back pocket which could explain the unreported crime. Backroom politics to the core, which is what high stakes Vegas is all about anyway.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-06-2017, 12:44 PM
 
10,686 posts, read 3,738,322 times
Reputation: 4682
Quote:
Originally Posted by quebon View Post
So the grapevine says that some of the wealthiest people in Vegas have houses in Queensridge and have an interest in keeping things quiet and tame... Therefore they apparently have metro snug in their back pocket which could explain the unreported crime. Backroom politics to the core, which is what high stakes Vegas is all about anyway.
Queensridge is not in the same class as Tournament Hills or Paradise Canyon or the Ridges. Those all publish minor crimes. Tournament Hills had a a string of burglaries on the same weekend earlier this year. All reported and Adelson lives down the block. And the Sheriff lives in Paradise Canyon and they still have an occasional incident. You are still batting zero.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-06-2017, 03:23 PM
 
285 posts, read 160,084 times
Reputation: 225
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
Queensridge is not in the same class as Tournament Hills or Paradise Canyon or the Ridges. Those all publish minor crimes. Tournament Hills had a a string of burglaries on the same weekend earlier this year. All reported and Adelson lives down the block. And the Sheriff lives in Paradise Canyon and they still have an occasional incident. You are still batting zero.
The point is this is not a competition about what's what. It is Queensridge that is batting zero and no longer perceived as a desirable and relevant community. I think it will stay lost in the 90s and turn into something like Granada Hills over in Spring Valley.

Now with the golf course left to rot, the terrain has resigned to its natural desert-like setting leaving no appeal left. With construction delays looming and bound to drag out for years you have competing interests, corrupt politicians, lawsuits from homeowners etc., Queensridge looks pretty much doomed to me. Three years ago I had an increasing value but today I am getting consistent offers 30% less than what I originally paid four years ago. Now try to tell me to hold out and things will get better because you are the master number cruncher. Statistics simply don't apply here at all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-06-2017, 05:20 PM
 
10,686 posts, read 3,738,322 times
Reputation: 4682
Quote:
Originally Posted by quebon View Post
The point is this is not a competition about what's what. It is Queensridge that is batting zero and no longer perceived as a desirable and relevant community. I think it will stay lost in the 90s and turn into something like Granada Hills over in Spring Valley.

Now with the golf course left to rot, the terrain has resigned to its natural desert-like setting leaving no appeal left. With construction delays looming and bound to drag out for years you have competing interests, corrupt politicians, lawsuits from homeowners etc., Queensridge looks pretty much doomed to me. Three years ago I had an increasing value but today I am getting consistent offers 30% less than what I originally paid four years ago. Now try to tell me to hold out and things will get better because you are the master number cruncher. Statistics simply don't apply here at all.
I would certainly agree that Queensridge has been whacked hard by the golf course. The thing that intrigues me is that so many smart and capable people bought there without the golf course pinned down tight. I also understand there was a legal opinion that the course could not be redeveloped.

It would appear to me that most of these courses need to be taken over by the HOA and subsidized. Not sure that is viable in Queensridge as EHB may be able to establish a high value on the property...but then again what is it worth if the City Council blocks any significant development?

I do not however buy your other stuff about Queensridge. It is a well run development with very low crime.

All you can do is sell out at the reduced present value or wait it out and hope the course is revived. I would see a four or five year battle before it resolves...though I would not be surprised to see the residents win.

I am still amazed that they cannot resolve Silverstone where everything was tightly pinned down.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-06-2017, 06:17 PM
 
285 posts, read 160,084 times
Reputation: 225
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
I would certainly agree that Queensridge has been whacked hard by the golf course. The thing that intrigues me is that so many smart and capable people bought there without the golf course pinned down tight. I also understand there was a legal opinion that the course could not be redeveloped.

It would appear to me that most of these courses need to be taken over by the HOA and subsidized. Not sure that is viable in Queensridge as EHB may be able to establish a high value on the property...but then again what is it worth if the City Council blocks any significant development?

I do not however buy your other stuff about Queensridge. It is a well run development with very low crime.

All you can do is sell out at the reduced present value or wait it out and hope the course is revived. I would see a four or five year battle before it resolves...though I would not be surprised to see the residents win.

I am still amazed that they cannot resolve Silverstone where everything was tightly pinned down.
The golf course was a discrete private piece of land that had a master planned community built around it without any CC&R's or anything at all put in place to protect the community. It may as well have been a piece of desert up for grabs on Kyle Canyon. How can an HOA foreclose on such property that is 100% independent of that very community? It was very carefully written in the docs that owners were buying into this type of situation. And like most people, nobody cares to read a thousand pages of writing that sounds fancy enough to purposely confuse the average homeowner.

The other day I had another realtor tell me they won't even go near QR or try to market my house since "everybody knows it is the next Silverstone."

Last edited by aswontsp; 09-06-2017 at 06:49 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-12-2018, 04:33 PM
 
1 posts, read 532 times
Reputation: 10
I know this is several months later, but the info given is incorrect. The zip code for Grand Teton/Durango is 89131; not 89149. I've lived here for 10 years: my cross street is Racel/Durango. Racel is the very next street past Grand Teton. This is a very safe & good neighborhood, & I've never had a problem. Our area is clean & safe. Our Albertsons at Farm & Durango is the busiest in Las Vegas, but is always clean. I don't like shopping at Smith's at Elkhorn/Durango, but only because the parking lot sucks. I still get all of my prescriptions there through the drive-through. The specific Spot Crime statistics for the area show that most of the crime is farther south, which may be the 89149 area. I have been to many different areas & stores in Vegas, & ours is one of the best ones that I've seen. Our stores are clean & I feel very safe here. Our community is well taken care of, & the majority have at least 1 person in the household who work full-time. I would definitely choose this area to live.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-18-2018, 06:57 PM
 
Location: Summerlin South
243 posts, read 135,143 times
Reputation: 208
In RRCC, you have to be behind the 2nd gate for The Estate homes to have some room around the houses. O.J. Simpson is renting a home outside the gate - thankfully.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top