U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2017, 03:20 AM

243 posts, read 135,616 times

Advertisements

Do you use a water softener?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2017, 03:50 AM

222 posts, read 114,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xusafpilot View Post
Have you not seen the soon to be finished sometime in 2018 CC-215 and Ann Road interchange? They are working on some of the little stuff now for the soon to be widened Ann Road "Freeway" between CC-215 and Durango. Glad I got out when I did and am seeing more and more getting out as well. The same will be for Lone Mountain between CC-215 and Durango when they too will get rid of the sawtooth roadways.
What does this mean exactly please as you indicate this is a bad thing and the article below that it is a good thing?

https://www.reviewjournal.com/traffi...l-spring-2018/

Last edited by Michael2016; 09-09-2017 at 04:25 AM..

Old 09-12-2017, 02:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by airics View Post
I think you are mistaken about Aliante. It's definitely built up over the last several years and it certainly does appreciate. Summerlin..no thanks. Snob city
But Aliante is North Las Vegas................ Deal breaker under all circumstances.

Old 09-12-2017, 02:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chahunt View Post
Which hospital do you consider to be the best in LV out of curiosity? And by what measure?
McCarran on a flight to Los Angeles.

Old 09-12-2017, 03:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael2016 View Post
What does this mean exactly please as you indicate this is a bad thing and the article below that it is a good thing?

https://www.reviewjournal.com/traffi...l-spring-2018/
Ancient article. Yes the beltway will be nice but a seven lane wide Lone Mountain and a seven lane wide Ann Road will not be so nice for people living in subdivisions on both of those roads.

Old 09-12-2017, 11:22 AM

10,800 posts, read 3,768,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xusafpilot View Post
Ancient article. Yes the beltway will be nice but a seven lane wide Lone Mountain and a seven lane wide Ann Road will not be so nice for people living in subdivisions on both of those roads.
Nope. Ann may get a bit of use but can easily be slowed with a light or too. Lone Mountain does not connect to the 95 so it is not much of a bypass. Note also that virtually none of the growth is on Ann or Lone Mountain. Simply moved the entrance to those lots to the orthogonal side streets.

The view over the last 20 years has been to not build with direct access to any section line road.

Old 09-18-2017, 11:16 AM

42 posts, read 47,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael2016 View Post
So great information again! I can see some great properties especially next to the parks in this area. E.g. Mountain Crest park. The area around Tucson Ridge looks almost like Beverly Hills

Are there any guard gated communities with the half acre yard around Lone Mountain?
Yes, quite a few, in fact, but gated "community" may be over-stating it. Mostly you find a few homes on a short cul-de-sac or a horseshoe with a gate at the street entrance, but there are some developments where there is a grid of streets that are gated, such as Painted Desert (a golf course community). Actually, I'm not sure what the lot size is there, probably not 1/2-acre, now that I think of it.

I think you'd be better off finding a knowledgeable realtor and letting him/her steer you in the right direction. We used a husband (broker) and wife (agent) team who were absolutely fantastic, helping steer us away from properties that looked appealing but had significant geographic or other downsides. I spent a lot of time online and came up with two dozen properties to consider; she pared that down to six and we flew in for one day of house-hunting. We found our dream home right off the bat, then looked at five others just to be sure and to find a Plan B house, but ended up cutting the hunt short and submitting our offer. The rest is history! I hope your luck is as good for you as ours was for us.

Old 09-18-2017, 12:04 PM

2,953 posts, read 1,394,375 times
^^^ I'm for using a top quality agent also. There are many lazy lying agents in this town.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chahunt View Post
Most hospitals in this city give poor, sometimes acceptable care, despite how many "stars" they are awarded or other recognition they receive. I work at several hospital campuses in town, and was shocked how lacking healthcare is here compared to the state I was previously in. There are some very lazy hospital providers here (yes, meaning physicians), at ALL of the hospital systems. God bless if you are hospitalized in Las Vegas NV.
Hubs has been hospitalized a few times at Southern Hills, No complaints.

I was once at Summerlin . Intense lower ab pain. Middle of night. ER - the one they choose to take care of me was on break and finished before she attended me. Made me lay across the chairs and suffer. Maybe that is what they do in the phillipines? Screw the patient, I'm taking my break. And yes she was notified It was an emergency.

Old 09-18-2017, 03:23 PM

2,441 posts, read 2,505,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foundapeanut View Post
^^^ I'm for using a top quality agent also. There are many lazy lying agents in this town.

I was once at Summerlin . Intense lower ab pain. Middle of night. ER - the one they choose to take care of me was on break and finished before she attended me. Made me lay across the chairs and suffer. Maybe that is what they do in the phillipines? Screw the patient, I'm taking my break. And yes she was notified It was an emergency.

My mother has been receiving hospital care from many of the hospitals in town and she has nothing but great praise for the hospital workers from the Philippines. Too bad for you, you were assigned with an overworked hospital staff.

Old 09-20-2017, 01:39 AM

13,482 posts, read 9,615,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foundapeanut View Post

Never, ever go to Summerlin Hospital. They keep a filthy house.

I had to tell a nurse there to change his gloves after he picked up some trash off the floor and went to touch my uncle's catheter.

They gave deadly diseases to a bunch of patients when they failed to diagnose TB and spread it to several babies in the nursery.

If you don't care to take my word for it, google some of the articles written about them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or