U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2018, 05:38 PM

222 posts, read 113,693 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by spectras View Post
That is great to hear!
And 89129 zip code really belongs to Summerlin - that is what RJ View newspaper says.

I completely agree with you regarding the large backyards where you can build your private pool etc... and on the top of that I wanted it to be gated...
You cannot even find something like that in Summerlin or Spring Valley at all..

Thanks for the update and sharing your experience!
I am not sure if part of 89129 is in summerlin, in any case much of it is in lone mountain.
I think LVMensch will know more about this...

We hear the birds singing and little rabbits are coming to eat at our front yard. Lot of hummingbirds in our backyard too. Very relaxed living over here, but still very close to everything.

We use Cheyenne to access the freeway and it works great already. But you are in couple of min, e.g. at Tivoli village, or Downtown Summerlin. It is all very close.

Touchstoneliving is building lot of new houses here. http://www.touchstoneliving.com
There are also some very nice houses on the market.

Last edited by Michael2016; 03-22-2018 at 06:17 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2018, 06:14 PM

10,698 posts, read 3,738,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael2016 View Post
I am not sure if part of 89129 is in summerlin, in any case much of it is in lone mountain.
I think LVMensch will know more about this...
That is simply the RJ's neighborhood section (The View) distribution. Summerlin stops at Cheyenne. Summerlin is actually a set of master plans with a central manager. Lone Mountain is a couple of different things...It is a town in unincorporated Clark County - which includes most of 89129 and 89149 and parts of 89143, 89166 and 89131. May even be a couple of isolated islands in other zips. It is also an RNP (Rural Neighborhood Preserve) in 89129 and 89149. It is also a mountain standing all alone with a nice set of county parks at the base.

Old 06-01-2018, 08:15 PM

2,132 posts, read 2,188,763 times
One of the biggest land deals in a long time. 3 builders have bought land all the way to the limit where Las Vegas meets the Paiute reservation. 600+ acres purchased. 3000+ homes slated to be built.

https://www.reviewjournal.com/busine...-vegas-valley/

Here is the timeline for completing the interchanges at 215/95(Centennial Bowl).

https://www.nevadadot.com/projects-p.../future-phases

Last edited by ddrhazy; 06-01-2018 at 08:32 PM..

Old 06-01-2018, 08:32 PM

4,317 posts, read 5,268,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by equid0x View Post
Tell me why? Anything in 89139 or 89148 is infinitely better situated than Summerlin. Location, location, location is right. I can be ANYWHERE in Las Vegas in 20 mins. I can be to the strip in 8 mins, I can be to the airport in 10... even when there is traffic. The best hospital in LV is located here, and every major chain store has a presence here.

Summerlin was good access when 215 didn't exist. Times have changed. Far NW is a 40 min + drive in rush hour to work downtown and that is why development has been slower. That said, its not a bad area.

Summerlin is aging. Outdated strip-malls, outdated housing. No energy efficient features. Dying golf courses.

hmmmmmmmm
I have no idea where you get ideas like this lol. Summerlin isn't "aging," it's the newest and most affluent area of Las Vegas. The development of Summerlin won't even be completed until 2029 and it has half the population that's planned for the area.

Let's be honest, if most people had the money, there's no way they'd be anywhere but Summerlin or maybe Macdonald Highlands in Henderson, they'd certainly not be stuck in a row home somewhere.

I also have no clue where these people are finding houses in Summerlin for $400,000, they must be really lousy, because you can barely find a lot for that price. Any decent home I've seen there is $750,000+ unless it's the oldest part of Summerlin, which isn't bad but isn't very desirable either. It's like buying into a poker game with the minimum buy-in. Yeah, you're in the game, but barely.

The bottom line in most markets in a big city is if you want any real space, you're looking at a custom home build and you'll need at least $3 million if not more to make that happen. Otherwise, even very nice $1M to $1.5M homes are usually semi-custom on decent but not big lots.

Old 06-04-2018, 08:37 AM

439 posts, read 490,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddrhazy View Post
One of the biggest land deals in a long time. 3 builders have bought land all the way to the limit where Las Vegas meets the Paiute reservation. 600+ acres purchased. 3000+ homes slated to be built.

https://www.reviewjournal.com/busine...-vegas-valley/

Here is the timeline for completing the interchanges at 215/95(Centennial Bowl).

https://www.nevadadot.com/projects-p.../future-phases
that's huge news. the influx of people will put a strain on schools, parks, stores etc.... in the area. Good thing the centennial bowl will be built by then. That is going to be such a awful commute (for residents) to go from that far north west to central parts of town/ the strip.

Old 06-04-2018, 11:03 AM

11,575 posts, read 22,673,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FML157 View Post
that's huge news. the influx of people will put a strain on schools, parks, stores etc.... in the area. Good thing the centennial bowl will be built by then. That is going to be such a awful commute (for residents) to go from that far north west to central parts of town/ the strip.
This was also a factor in why we are moving. 3000 homes could cause value to go flat or go down

Old 06-04-2018, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FML157 View Post
Donít forget about the huge amount of homes to be built at Elhorn N Decatur all the way past Farm. And by the new 215 Revere exit. Itís going to get crowded very very fast

Old 06-04-2018, 07:05 PM

2,132 posts, read 2,188,763 times
@airics - 3000 is about 2-3 weeks of inventory. Those houses aren't going to be available all at once, but be completed in phases. I'm sure there are other reasons motivating your decision.

Old 06-04-2018, 07:48 PM

42 posts, read 46,997 times
Michael|2016, my husband and I retired to NW Las Vegas for many reasons. We found a house/property that we love, it's a custom home with a pool and front yard, RV parking, and no HOA fees at all. It's in Clark County in one of the pieces of the map that are adjacent to LV City, but not technically in it. Temperatures are significantly more moderate compared to the SE part of the Valley, and we made sure it's not on a flood plain or near the pig farm, etc etc. I've lived here only a few years, but have already seen an increase in housing developments all throughout the area, and I doubt if that will stop anytime soon. The area I'm in is fully developed (no chance of construction over my back fence), but there are checkerboard pieces that are open, empty lots, owned but not yet developed. No telling if or when those will be built. We have many very nice parks and lots of restaurants, shopping centers, service businesses, healthcare options, etc. The schools are okay. I can think of only one negative, and that's the lack of public transportation. As one realtor advised me when we were first looking, once you get on the Beltway, you can be almost anywhere in Greater Las Vegas in 30-40 minutes. When I lived in L.A., that was my one-way commute, so it's really no big deal getting to the airport or the Strip, or to museums, libraries, etc. Crime occurs everywhere, but can mostly be mitigated as long as reasonable safety and security measures are taken. We have a Neighborhood Watch group and we know and look out for all our neighbors. I hope this helps you.

Old 06-05-2018, 01:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddrhazy View Post
@airics - 3000 is about 2-3 weeks of inventory. Those houses aren't going to be available all at once, but be completed in phases. I'm sure there are other reasons motivating your decision.
of course, but when the homes at Decatur/elkhorn start getting built, its going to get crowded out here

going closer to my inlaws

and selling my home in 24hrs for 384k, when I paid 252 in 2008 also helps.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or