U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2017, 10:36 AM

222 posts, read 113,693 times

Advertisements

When checking for potential places for my future home, I came across NW Las Vegas. It seems that houses have large yards there, and many houses are new, and the crime rate is very low.
But I also see that there are still may spots untouched. What is the future of this area? Will the spots get filled and the area will soon be fully developed as the housing shortage continues?

What kind of people usually live in this area? I might assume retired people as ways to the strip and work may be too long. LV Mensch already gave me some valuable insights about this very interesting area, and I would appreciate more information from the forum. Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2017, 11:20 AM

2,953 posts, read 1,388,601 times
LV Mensch is your man!

Old 08-28-2017, 11:54 AM

2,131 posts, read 2,187,821 times
You mean between Grand Teton to Kyle Canyon Rd?

Some of it is already parceled out and is owned by multiple people(everything in the red box). I think the part in blue was purchased by several home builders and something is in the works to get those projects underway.

Old 08-28-2017, 12:11 PM

10,683 posts, read 3,738,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddrhazy View Post
You mean between Grand Teton to Kyle Canyon Rd?

Some of it is already parceled out and is owned by multiple people(everything in the red box). I think the part in blue was purchased by several home builders and something is in the works to get those projects underway.
His interests are the half acres...the Lone Mountain RNP

Old 08-28-2017, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
His interests are the half acres...the Lone Mountain RNP
Thanks LV Mensch. If you have something more to share which I dont know yet from you, of course, I would appreciate very much also your further insights!

Old 08-29-2017, 07:48 AM

439 posts, read 490,927 times
The area is governed by the City's Town Center Concept and Rural Neighborhood Preservation plan which aim to have major commercial developments in concentrated clusters and sets provisions for rural homes (max 2 per acre) in designated areas.

The City has done a good job in developing this area in the past (in terms of infrastructure, master planned communities, smaller communities matching the 'look' of the bigger communities, bike trails , public amenities, open spaces etc...) . But there is a newly elected councilwoman in the ward (#6), not sure if she will adhere to the plan's vision or allow for easier rezoning / high density residential communities / contravention of the rural preservation etc....

The area is mostly middle class (high & low) and not as affluent as Summerlin. Check out census bureau for a bigger breakdown by race, age, sex etc..
https://factfinder.census.gov/faces/...es/index.xhtml

Last edited by FML157; 08-29-2017 at 07:59 AM..

Old 08-29-2017, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FML157 View Post
The area is governed by the City's Town Center Concept and Rural Neighborhood Preservation plan which aim to have major commercial developments in concentrated clusters and sets provisions for rural homes (max 2 per acre) in designated areas.

The City has done a good job in developing this area in the past (in terms of infrastructure, master planned communities, smaller communities matching the 'look' of the bigger communities, bike trails , public amenities, open spaces etc...) . But there is a newly elected councilwoman in the ward (#6), not sure if she will adhere to the plan's vision or allow for easier rezoning / high density residential communities / contravention of the rural preservation etc....

The area is mostly middle class (high & low) and not as affluent as Summerlin. Check out census bureau for a bigger breakdown by race, age, sex etc..
https://factfinder.census.gov/faces/...es/index.xhtml
Not quite. The RNP is not in the City of Las Vegas but is mostly unincorporated Clark County. So the part of the NW in the rural preserve is not only not in the City of Las Vegas but it is actually somewhat hostile to the city. And things like the land grab where the city talked the BLM into letting the BLM properties be absorbed into the city did no good for the relationship.

The economic levels of the RNP properties are in fact at or above much of Summerlin. Not surprising as those houses start at about $400,000 and run to the multiple millions.

Old 08-29-2017, 09:42 AM

Thanks! Is the crime rate also similar to Summerlin?

Old 08-29-2017, 05:01 PM

2,953 posts, read 1,388,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post

The economic levels of the RNP properties are in fact at or above much of Summerlin. Not surprising as those houses start at about $400,000 and run to the multiple millions.
You can't compare this area to Summerlin. Summerlin is a master planned community and has all the bells and whistles this area will never have. Do not ignore the link posted from the government census.

Above much of Summerlin - ha ha. You mean that old first developed area of Summerlin, near Lake Mead and rampart. Cause those homes might not be $400,000 +

Reminds me of an agent calling me out of the blue in 2005 telling me I should do myself a favor and buy an investment property in Alliente. Told her that area will never be worth the prices people were buying way out there. A friend parents bought out there, she said the house will never appreciate.

I had a friend who looked at the multi-million dollar homes in this area as she wanted bigger lots. People probably paid that but violated the first rule of real estate - location location location. And have been on the market forever. She then was taken to the Ridges and said THIS is a home worth its price.

Summerlin will always be the crown jewel of Vegas. When the Summit is done, nowhere can compete.

Old 08-29-2017, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by foundapeanut View Post
You can't compare this area to Summerlin. Summerlin is a master planned community and has all the bells and whistles this area will never have. Do not ignore the link posted from the government census.

Above much of Summerlin - ha ha. You mean that old first developed area of Summerlin, near Lake Mead and rampart. Cause those homes might not be $400,000 +

Reminds me of an agent calling me out of the blue in 2005 telling me I should do myself a favor and buy an investment property in Alliente. Told her that area will never be worth the prices people were buying way out there. A friend parents bought out there, she said the house will never appreciate.

I had a friend who looked at the multi-million dollar homes in this area as she wanted bigger lots. People probably paid that but violated the first rule of real estate - location location location. And have been on the market forever. She then was taken to the Ridges and said THIS is a home worth its price.

Summerlin will always be the crown jewel of Vegas. When the Summit is done, nowhere can compete.
As I have said we have in Las Vegas two classical snob groups - Summerlin and south Henderson.

I do however agree there is no way the RNP will ever have the polish of Summerlin which is a lovely place. Summerlin has its broad and well landscaped thoroughfares. The RNP has its blank walls and its two lane no sidewalk roads. There is however no way that Summerlin will ever offer the lots nor the homes of the RNP. There are of course homes in Summerlin that compare well to the RNP. But the vast majority of Summerlin are tract homes on small lots. They do not compare to the customs of the RNP.

In the last six months there were 772 sales in Summerlin. Average price was $443,000 Median price was 342,000. In the same period the Lone Mountain RNP sold 125 houses with an average price of $599,000 and a median of $520,000. So the RNP homes are about 1/3 more expensive on average. They do take twice as long to sell...but if you compare to similar priced homes in Summerlin that vanishes. And the RNP is all two homes per acre. While Summerlin is well past 6 homes per acre.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or