U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 09-11-2017, 12:29 AM
 
Location: The North
4,962 posts, read 8,675,201 times
Reputation: 3831

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildWestDude View Post
YOU ARE SO WRONG, TOTAL MISINFORMATION AND PROPAGANDA! Did you even bother listening to the video? Obama admits his later to be guilt!

Article 1, Section 8, Clause 4 of the US Constitution:
"The Congress shall have Power... To establish an uniform Rule of Naturalization".
Citizenship by naturalization is a privilege to be given, qualified, or withheld as Congress may determine, an individual may claim it as a right only upon compliance with the terms Congress imposes.
Not the President.
Not the courts.
Not illegal aliens.
Not ethnic front groups.
Not political parties.
Not cities.
Not states.
Not mayors.
Not governors.
CONGRESS!.

Got it?

Obama FAILED to do ANY permanent immigration reform with a democrat controlled house and senate for two years. He then preceded to break federal law, and ignore the constitution. He overstepped executive authority.
Don't be mad a President Trump. He is simply restoring law and proper separation of powers.
Be mad at Obama.
Be mad at Bush.
Be mad at Clinton.
Be mad at the other Bush, and Reagan...
You are the one that can't read and comprehend anything. DACA was an executive action, not a law and certainly not something that deals with citizenship by naturalization. As plenty have noted deportations went up in the Obama years by a lot, the departments under his oversight merely followed his order in choosing not to focus on DACA eligible individuals. If any committed a serious crime, they were immediately targeted for deportation even if they were DACA approved.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-11-2017, 07:08 AM
 
Location: City of North Las Vegas, NV
11,215 posts, read 7,604,018 times
Reputation: 2973
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willy702 View Post
You are the one that can't read and comprehend anything. DACA was an executive action, not a law and certainly not something that deals with citizenship by naturalization. As plenty have noted deportations went up in the Obama years by a lot, the departments under his oversight merely followed his order in choosing not to focus on DACA eligible individuals. If any committed a serious crime, they were immediately targeted for deportation even if they were DACA approved.
No, it's you that can't comprehend. Never said that it was law, it is an unconstitutional executive order that provided an illegal though temporary ( or maybe not so temporary if it wasn't stopped and these illegals kept renewing) way for ILLEGALS to overstay their "visit". It was called a perpetual illegal way to make something illegal legal through unlimited renewals which is what DACA would have been if it continued. A very sneaky way to go around the higher law of the Republic. It did indirectly deal with citizenship ILLEGALLY which is exactly why the constitution specifically states that such an order can't be given by anyone but CONGRESS through a passed law. The executive branch has no business making such decisions, Trump only stopped an ILLEGAL order which the Supreme Court would have done anyway and passed the ball back to Congress to reach a very long overdue decision.

Some say that it was one way to get more votes.......

The standards to be a dreamer were very relaxed so as stated even gang members such as MS13 were allowed to use the system.

You can twist it and say whatever you want but the fact is you can't comprehend the ILLEGALITY and DECEPTION of DACA! D'OH

Last edited by WildWestDude; 09-11-2017 at 07:35 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-11-2017, 08:49 AM
 
Location: Lone Mountain for good
332 posts, read 193,418 times
Reputation: 497
I don't think a president's pen should legislate at all , he's to enforce laws. As well, the courts should only interpret and not administer law, like the 9th constantly does. Who's to check the courts when they overstep their constitutional responsibility?

Obama's DACA is equal to Trumps ban on immigration from some arab nations. These are decisions by one man. If they truly are to be the law of the land they should be passed by the groups representing the people of America, Congress. The founding fathers got it right, but every politician these days must reinvent the wheel.

Last edited by nickydim; 09-11-2017 at 08:59 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-11-2017, 09:04 AM
 
Location: City of North Las Vegas, NV
11,215 posts, read 7,604,018 times
Reputation: 2973
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickydim View Post
I don't think a president's pen should legislate at all , he's to enforce laws. As well, the courts should only interpret and not administer law, like the 9th constantly does. Who's to check the courts when they overstep their constitutional responsibility?

Obama's DACA is equal to Trumps ban on immigration from some arab nations. These are decisions by one man. If they truly are to be the law of the land they should be passed by the groups representing the people of America, Congress. The founding fathers got it right, but every politician these days must reinvent the wheel.
WRONG! Obamas' DACA is not equal to Trump's temporary ban from certain radical and dangerous Arab nations. It is written in the constitution that under such circumstances deemed dangerous to the Republic the President can take such actions.

8 U.S. Code 1182
"Whenever the President finds that the entry of any aliens or of any class of aliens into the United States would be detrimental to the interests of the United States, he may by proclamation, and for such period as he shall deem necessary, suspend the entry of all aliens or any class of aliens as immigrants or non immigrants, or impose on the entry of aliens any restrictions he may deem to be appropriate".

I do agree on the out of hand 9th Court.

Executive actions are allowed but they need to be lawful and constitutional

Last edited by WildWestDude; 09-11-2017 at 09:16 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-11-2017, 05:45 PM
 
Location: Lone Mountain for good
332 posts, read 193,418 times
Reputation: 497
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildWestDude View Post
WRONG! Obamas' DACA is not equal to Trump's temporary ban from certain radical and dangerous Arab nations. It is written in the constitution that under such circumstances deemed dangerous to the Republic the President can take such actions.

8 U.S. Code 1182
"Whenever the President finds that the entry of any aliens or of any class of aliens into the United States would be detrimental to the interests of the United States, he may by proclamation, and for such period as he shall deem necessary, suspend the entry of all aliens or any class of aliens as immigrants or non immigrants, or impose on the entry of aliens any restrictions he may deem to be appropriate".

I do agree on the out of hand 9th Court.

Executive actions are allowed but they need to be lawful and constitutional
Thanks. I actually feel better. So much for me trying to be unbias. Any day I can learn a little more about the constitution is a good day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-12-2017, 01:06 AM
 
Location: The North
4,962 posts, read 8,675,201 times
Reputation: 3831
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildWestDude View Post
No, it's you that can't comprehend. Never said that it was law, it is an unconstitutional executive order that provided an illegal though temporary ( or maybe not so temporary if it wasn't stopped and these illegals kept renewing) way for ILLEGALS to overstay their "visit". It was called a perpetual illegal way to make something illegal legal through unlimited renewals which is what DACA would have been if it continued. A very sneaky way to go around the higher law of the Republic. It did indirectly deal with citizenship ILLEGALLY which is exactly why the constitution specifically states that such an order can't be given by anyone but CONGRESS through a passed law. The executive branch has no business making such decisions, Trump only stopped an ILLEGAL order which the Supreme Court would have done anyway and passed the ball back to Congress to reach a very long overdue decision.

Some say that it was one way to get more votes.......

The standards to be a dreamer were very relaxed so as stated even gang members such as MS13 were allowed to use the system.

You can twist it and say whatever you want but the fact is you can't comprehend the ILLEGALITY and DECEPTION of DACA! D'OH
Last time I checked the Supreme Court decided what's unconstitutional...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-12-2017, 07:56 AM
 
395 posts, read 250,255 times
Reputation: 351
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willy702 View Post
Last time I checked the Supreme Court decided what's unconstitutional...
DACA is unconstitutional...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-12-2017, 07:13 PM
 
Location: The North
4,962 posts, read 8,675,201 times
Reputation: 3831
Quote:
Originally Posted by soclose View Post
DACA is unconstitutional...
Interesting, Supreme Court justices post here
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-12-2017, 08:42 PM
 
395 posts, read 250,255 times
Reputation: 351
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willy702 View Post
Interesting, Supreme Court justices post here
Yes. The thread can now be closed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-13-2017, 08:13 AM
 
Location: City of North Las Vegas, NV
11,215 posts, read 7,604,018 times
Reputation: 2973
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willy702 View Post
Interesting, Supreme Court justices post here
Sarcasm never helps. Even though the Supreme Court might have acted on DACA , it's illegality is so clearly written in the constitution that it's a no brainer so Trump's action to pass it back to Congress is enough to end the topic with some sort of decision for good! If Congress does nothing, it will expire in six months. Given all this, the Supreme Court will never need to get involved. If Trump had done nothing from the start , DACA would have probably eventually reached the S.C. but again DACA can easily be struck and shut down.

That is the common sense and logical point that was made by Soclose

Last edited by WildWestDude; 09-13-2017 at 08:26 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
Similar Threads
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top