U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2017, 10:13 PM

261 posts, read 326,343 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmegaSupreme View Post
Air quality anywhere in Colorado is much better than Las Vegas

I would also think anywhere in Colorado is much nicer and better for outdoor stuff

I wonder if any other people from Colorado will move (back) here because of the new marijuana laws
Thread is about Colorado Springs, not "anywhere in Colorado".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2017, 10:27 PM

10,712 posts, read 3,742,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmegaSupreme View Post
Air quality anywhere in Colorado is much better than Las Vegas

I would also think anywhere in Colorado is much nicer and better for outdoor stuff

I wonder if any other people from Colorado will move (back) here because of the new marijuana laws
You would be wrong. Air Quality in Colorado Springs is worse than LV.

Be careful all these mountain cities are in valleys and have air trouble.

Old 09-13-2017, 01:07 AM

22 posts, read 20,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SparklesNShine View Post
I'd definitely pay the extra couple hundred bucks to get into a better apartment.

Honestly, I don't think Vegas is any better or worse than any other city when it comes to crime and gangs. There's good areas, so-so areas and areas you want to steer clear of. The only major gripe I have is homeless people and junkies are EVERYWHERE. It sucks getting hit up for money 24/7. Aside from that, Vegas is a pretty cool place.
I get asked for money almost daily here in the Springs, the homeless problem is pretty bad all over the city.

Quote:
Originally Posted by esas View Post
In my opinion, yes. Proximity of Red Rock and Mt Charleston areas make it much better hiking and mt biking. Add Lake Mead and the Colorado River and there is a ton of stuff within 45 miles. Expand a bit further and you've got Zion, Death Valley, Brian Head, Big Bear, etc. My frustration in the Springs was how far away anything was…skiing = 3 hours, 14ers = 3 hours, airport = 1:30…the list goes on.

We hike, bike, camp, Jeep, kayak and feel Vegas location is better than Springs (not better than Colorado).
Interesting, had no idea there were all those outdoor options near Vegas. I do agree that you have to venture out of the Springs quite a bit to get to any real adventurous hiking or skiing spots, and Ive pretty much already hiked everything in the immediate area a dozen times.

Old 09-13-2017, 06:39 AM

1,019 posts, read 989,736 times
lots of good gyms in Phoenix but really really hot like Vegas .

Old 09-13-2017, 09:43 AM

12,685 posts, read 9,432,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BioBuild View Post
... and buying a place is even worse...
- Seems like cost of living and real estate are affordable (I'm planning to buy a place in a year or two and keep living costs minimal in the mean time)
Quote:
Hmmm, I mean I'll admit part of my move away from Colorado is for expense and prospective real estate purposes...

... I love Colorado honestly and always have, but the only way I would stay here would be if I moved closer to Denver or maybe fort collins, but the rent is ridiculous in those areas and buying a house is even worse.
Buying a house seems to be high on your list over the next few years, as you've mentioned it more than once. What do you have in mind? What's your budget? Do you have a reasonable down-payment? How much do you think you could afford in a mortgage? Are you thinking single family home or condo/townhouse?

Last edited by SportyandMisty; 09-13-2017 at 09:51 AM..

Old 09-13-2017, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilberry View Post
lots of good gyms in Phoenix but really really hot like Vegas .
The gyms in Phoenix were great, I just wasnt really digging the social scene there. I got used to the heat after awhile, I prefer it over the humidity of the east coast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportyandMisty View Post
Buying a house seems to be high on your list over the next few years, as you've mentioned it more than once. What do you have in mind? What's your budget? Do you have a reasonable down-payment? How much do you think you could afford in a mortgage? Are you thinking single family home or condo/townhouse?
It is pretty high on my list of priorities. I'm looking for either a condo/townhouse or a 1-2 bed home. Im single and have no kids so I dont need much. Would like to find something in the 125-150k range if possible, but could go up to 175k. Would like to put 20% down payment and should have no problem making mortgage payments

Old 10-02-2017, 06:56 PM

Terrible news about the shooting Not sure how this will impact moving to the area

Old 10-02-2017, 07:14 PM

2,953 posts, read 1,389,796 times
^^^^ Seriously? Oh come on, the guy wasn't from here.

Old 10-02-2017, 07:30 PM

793 posts, read 463,582 times
Quote:
Terrible news about the shooting Not sure how this will impact moving to the area
yes, it is a terrible thing. But there are high rises with views to large crowds in every major city. Evil can happen anywhere, even in your own back yard. People do terrible things to other people, and have been doing it since there were more than two people on the earth. There is no absolute safety anywhere. The only way to beat it is to keep on living your life, and not letting fear, and thus evil, win. I hope you make the best decision for "you"...

Old 10-07-2017, 09:24 PM

108 posts, read 76,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foundapeanut View Post
Homeless and Junkies are everywhere? I can go weeks without seeing either.
I agree. This isn't in issue in many neighborhoods. I used to live in a less desirable area in Vegas and would get hit up by panhandlers often. No danger and I just say, "sorry" and move along. I them moved to a better area and only saw panhandlers at 2 intersections on my drive to work. It was closer to work and further from the house so not a concern. They just stand with a sign so not an issue at all.

Now, I live in a better stop and I haven't seen a panhandler in months in my area. I see them when I go closer to the strip for food or activities but that is expected. It is not an issue in many parts of Vegas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or