U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2017, 02:21 PM

10,801 posts, read 3,768,270 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cold Warrior View Post
Redfin does not employ real estate agents in Las Vegas. There is no "Redfin Realty". Redfin contracts with traditional real estate agencies to represent them here. If you wish, you can eliminate Redfin and negotiate an agreement directly with the real estate agency.
Actually there is. 17 agents. Small shop. They also do use partner agents here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2017, 02:31 PM

1,153 posts, read 718,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
Actually there is. 17 agents. Small shop. They also do use partner agents here.
I stand corrected. This is something new.

Old 09-15-2017, 03:31 PM

2,953 posts, read 1,394,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro5 View Post
Exactly. We have a budget and will stay within that. We're paying cash, so there is no financing or temptation to spend more than we want to. First and foremost, we want a nice place to live.

As for RE agents, our experience with the two we're using from Century 21 (selling here and buying there) has been positive. The guy in Henderson has been helpful in sending listings, some over our budget, but overall he's not bad. Maybe a little pushy, but he's a salesman. What do you expect?

The guy we're using here has been great. Did an awesome job with having a professional photographer come out and they put together a really good virtual tour with great photos. The listing goes live this morning and we already have four interested parties. Hope to get it sold fast, and the agent thinks that will happen. The market here (NW suburbs of Chicago) has been hot, especially in our town and at our price point.
You agent in LV should be doing what your agent in Chicago is doing. Meaning catering to you. He's not bad? You can do better than him.

There are wonderful agents here and some related to satan. You do not need to use a lazy dimwit

Old 09-15-2017, 04:20 PM

1,832 posts, read 1,269,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SportyandMisty View Post
Leadership at the National Association of Realtors are not dimwits. They spend a ton of money on lobbying at both the federal and state level to promote the interests of realtors.

https://www.opensecrets.org/orgs/sum...?id=D000000062

As to the "need" for a real estate agent -- you do not "need" an agent today. You can buy or sell without one. Hence, I'm not sure what you are complaining about.

In Nevada you do not need a real estate agent. In Nevada you do not need a real estate attorney. I believe some states require (or at least they used to require) a real estate attorney. In Nevada you can execute a transaction without either.
How do I see a house that's listed on the MLS without a real estate agent?

Realtors pay for NAR lobbying efforts

Old 09-19-2017, 01:04 AM

11,584 posts, read 22,695,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAXIALE02 View Post
We were out looking at houses while waiting for our kid to attend open house at her school. An hour later we found a new construction single-story community that we really liked. The next day we went in and put down a deposit on a lot. We told the realtor we had a home and she gave us the name of a realtor. He came over the next day and told me what to do to get ready for showings. I started getting calls the next day. In a matter of 5 days I had about 40 people run through my house. By that 5th day, we had 8 offers! 2 lowball investors, a few pre-qualified and 2 pre-approved; ultimately 2 viable offers. We live in North Las Vegas and was asking for $215k. The highest offer was $15K over pending appraisal value. We didn't think it would appraise that high so we decided to pull if off the market.

This is our first time selling and things were moving too fast. We don't want the pressure of packing and closing at the same time of waiting for our new house to be built. We were also under the impression that we had to sell in order to qualify for the new home but that wasn't the case. We plan to put the house back on the market in the spring but are also considering to convert it to a rental but not sure if we want the headache. We've upgraded like homeowners not like investors. We bought the house in 2004 and rode the crazy recession roller coaster. I'm not sure if we want to sell now and give any more potential equity away. I hope our sentimental attachment doesn't cost us in bad decisions.
I think its wise for you to wait.... depending on area, north Las Vegas is going up and 215k is cheap.... however, if its east of the 15 and south of Craig, I would have sold and ran

Old 09-19-2017, 12:59 PM

1,089 posts, read 1,373,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by airics View Post
I think its wise for you to wait.... depending on area, north Las Vegas is going up and 215k is cheap.... however, if its east of the 15 and south of Craig, I would have sold and ran
Yah. Even my handyman was telling me prices were going to "jump". I had to repair doors from when we rented out the home when my hubs was in the military. I may just turn it back into a rental; I have a weird emotional attachment. Its above Tropical Pkwy and west of Losee. I had no problem renting it out (three times) during the recession. I understand that 89081 is the best rental area.

Someone told me that Nevada is going to try and put in a proposal for Amazon. I think they should locate north of the speedway and call it Amazonia. lol. This person said Amazon has a presence on the east coast in New Jersey so maybe Nevada could be viable. Lets hope.

Old 09-19-2017, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Yah. Even my handyman was telling me prices were going to "jump". I had to repair doors from when we rented out the home when my hubs was in the military. I may just turn it back into a rental; I have a weird emotional attachment. Its above Tropical Pkwy and west of Losee. I had no problem renting it out (three times) during the recession. I understand that 89081 is the best rental area.

Someone told me that Nevada is going to try and put in a proposal for Amazon. I think they should locate north of the speedway and call it Amazonia. lol. This person said Amazon has a presence on the east coast in New Jersey so maybe Nevada could be viable. Lets hope.
is it Cottages of Centennial Ranch?

Old 09-19-2017, 02:15 PM

548 posts, read 1,003,419 times
There was a tie when I shared the opinion of those who believed RE brokers and agents to be of little to no value to a residential real estate transaction. I also shared the opinion of those who believed RE brokers and agents would one day soon become obsolete. Then my wife became a Realtor, and I got to see what she does and how she does it.

I see how much work she puts in before she advises her client on what price to pay or ask for a property. I see what she does to advise sellers on how to prepare their homes for sale and how she gets actively involved in doing the preparation. I see how much energy and time she puts into advising her buyer clients when they are negotiating their purchase offers. I have seen how clients fail to heed her advice only to lose deals they wanted or have their listings grow stale because they were over priced.

I see the care she takes and the effort she makes to both provide the most comprehensive compilations of recommended listings for her buyer clients to consider AND avoid providing listings that are not worthy of consideration. Part of that comes form her literally studying the MLS listings multiple times every day to know the market, especially the areas she most regularly serves in the SW part of the valley.

I see the hours upon hours she spends in preparing a home for an open house showing and the follow up she does with those who came to see the house. I see how she advises her clients and assists them with actually making changes to their homes to respond to the feedback from the prospective buyers and improve the home's marketability.

I knew that most residential real estate sales are somewhat complex transactions, and for people who do not regularly get involved in sales other than basic retail transactions, a residential property sale can seem very complex. I see how much work my wife does to navigate her clients through the transaction and minimize the stress they endure when having to work out the kinks that inevitably arise before the deal closes.

The bottom line is that I have seen over and over how she maximizes the amount of money her sellers get from their sales and minimizes the time it takes to sell their property. I have seen over and over how she protects her buyer clients from making bad deals and helps them find the kind of home that meets both their financial and lifestyle needs. In other words, she ADDS value to the transaction for which she gets paid.

Before watching her work, I never would have imagined saying that about any Realtor. Now, I know the good ones are worth paying for. Of course, the problem remains that the good ones are very, very hard to find and few among the group.

Old 09-19-2017, 03:56 PM

1,089 posts, read 1,373,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by airics View Post
is it Cottages of Centennial Ranch?
I'd rather not say. But the area is really turning around since the economy has improved over the last four years.

Old 09-19-2017, 06:30 PM

Quote:
I'd rather not say. But the area is really turning around since the economy has improved over the last four years.
only reason that I ask is that I also own a home in there..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or