Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2017, 04:33 PM

3,475 posts, read 3,277,377 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachhead View Post
Merry, as always, thank you for the informative post! I knew it wasn't easy, but the path to being an MD seems extremely complex. At what point does someone finally get to say,"I want to live here, and either send out resume's, or just move and hang out their own shingle?

Selfishly, I hope you and your husband do return, as I think Las Vegas can always find room for more great people like you..
Quote:
Originally Posted by foundapeanut View Post

Merry , I don't know you but hope you come back here too to practice.
Awe thanks guys! That's very sweet. Make my heart swell. <3

Quote:
*RAISES HAND*

Sorry about my post, I am cringing (and giggling) over typos etc. No, I'm not smoking or drinking. My grammer/spelling check won't work with CD and don't see one on cd. I know I should check but trying to get too mcuh stuff done at once. Bless you all for not saying anything.
Don't worry about it. It's a public forum on the internet. It's nothing official and not a big deal.

I used the grammarly plugin on my browser for spelling and grammar when posting on C-D and else where for awhile. Chrome also acts as an automatic spell check. Grammarly emails you feedback too on how you're doing with your writing.

It's not on my phone though so that's where my posts can get really get confusing because of autocorrect and trying to review and revise sentences in this little tiny space on my phone screen. I'd end up all thumbs and give up. If it gets too late and I'm really tired I don't even go through all what I wrote. I post it and forget it. I don't have time to follow up with everything always but I do have things to say from time to time and I will take that time to say it. If it's a bunch on nonsense replies just looking for a fight I'll ignore it and save my breath. Who's got time for that?

Grammarly was giving me delay issues for a couple of weeks in loading pages, so I just removed it due to the frustration of waiting on it to catch up. Otherwise, I think it's pretty good and I know they're working on that issue.

Listen to me. I should be cooking T-day sides for tomorrow but here I am procrastinating by hanging out on C-D. lol

I've even started limiting my time on pages by using a timeout plug in on my browser with websites that I can tend to drop into a black hole in and come out the other side of hours later.

I better go cook those thanksgiving sides now and start on dinner for tonight. We've been eating rice and vegetables all week in preparation for the feast day.

/side note
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2017, 09:24 PM

13,586 posts, read 13,115,850 times
Here we go again. United Healthcare has just announced they are purchasing Davita. Davita runs HealthCate Partners, one of the only medical groups UHC were competing with.

Also, CVS bought Aetna.

It's not the ACA that's kicking our collective asses. It's virtual monopolies .

https://www.investors.com/news/unite...vs-aetna-deal/

Old 12-06-2017, 11:59 PM

2,951 posts, read 2,517,494 times
NV made one mistake with UHC, better not make another one.

Here's a pathic statement, I cant' wait to hit 65. Good Lord wishing my life away so I can get decent insurance.

A few of my 50+yrs friends want me to help them start a self employed group, so we can buy thorugh a group. Said sorry, I got 4 years left and not enough time to add anything else to do during my day. They have a couple people who have 15 years before 65. UGH

Old 12-07-2017, 08:15 AM

496 posts, read 365,717 times
Quote:
NV made one mistake with UHC, better not make another one.

Here's a pathic statement, I cant' wait to hit 65. Good Lord wishing my life away so I can get decent insurance.

A few of my 50+yrs friends want me to help them start a self employed group, so we can buy thorugh a group. Said sorry, I got 4 years left and not enough time to add anything else to do during my day. They have a couple people who have 15 years before 65. UGH
Before careful what you wish for. It's inevitable that major changes are coming to Medicare. I hope it's later than sooner, but it's coming.

Old 12-12-2017, 09:37 AM

2,951 posts, read 2,517,494 times
Did everyone who needed to get insurance, take care of it.

I went with Sierra health $1080.00 per month. $250.00 more per month and 3 times the deduc. Terrible RX prices. I will cry on the 31st for losing my wonderful Anthem coverage.

Oh and this plan covers me only in Clark county. So if I go to LA and something happens to me they say I need to get back to Vegas not just the NV state line. I can buy a good temp health policy for a week from AAA for $38.00

None of my doctors would take the ACA plan of HPN. Not on a subsidy, so why buy something that no one will take. But feel for those who have to go this way.

Old 12-15-2017, 11:03 AM

13,044 posts, read 13,863,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
UHC is the devil.
I love Unitedhealthcare. I bought UNH on in early 2000.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas